Ak is looking nice and frosty!!

It seems you have a bit of spare room with strong light? I would tie down those tallest secondary branches so they are fairly even with the cropped top. Create some competition for bud production energy down the road. ;)

I will try that bud! I now have a bug problem, got stuff ordered because it's never been a huge issue before. Used some neem but I need something more.

Still going, had to sand the tops of the pots and has slowed down the bugs. I think it has stunted the dwarf.

20180209_190803.jpg
20180209_190751.jpg
20180209_190733.jpg
20180209_190719.jpg

View attachment 857863
Dwarf is 39 inches, AK is 35!
:yoinks::yoinks::yoinks: What a shocker!! LMAO!!!!:crying:
Here I was, savouring the view into your so beautifully airy closet with your wonderfully uncramped plants coming along at a nice pace - when BAM
the dwarf jumped for the sky, just like that!:shooty: I swear I jumped a little in my seat haha :rofl:

An amazing twosome you've got going there!!
Good thing the AK is blooming along unperturbed by the, ummm, Giant's antics - for a bit of smoke in the meantime :smoking:
Those buds are looking very yummy - all juicy and triched up as they are!

That Royal Giant though, sheesh, what a crazy plant, I have no words :rofl: haha
Don't get me wrong, I feel lucky to have gotten to know her!
That girl is going to be a VERY happy smoke the way she's already spreading the vibe lmao

I did have a thought though, about your lights and how you're using the space - which seems to be much larger than the footprint the plants need. Seeing that, I started wondering whether maybe the light, though maybe nominally adequate (I must have missed what wattage you're running the 3 COBs at?), was dispersing too much in the tent - the tent walls being far away, and thus lots of photons getting lost bouncing all over but not really onto the plants.
So maybe if they were placed closer to the walls -just moved back a bit actually- , then light reflection would more likely reach the plants from those 3 now closer sides, more in any case than the way they are, centered in the room (for all the lovely airiness it provides:biggrin:).

And as for the fungus gnats, they're only a real danger to the plants in the seedling stage, when root mass is small, and losing a few can be a life or death thing. Unless of course crazy amounts, I imagine it would have to be so many larvae that you could see the soil moving haha
No, actually I have no idea, maybe fungus gnats can cause so much root damage a grown plant gets to suffer.
I do know that their menu consists primarily of decaying organic matter, it is only when they have none of that that they go for the roots. ;)
And yes sand works, for as long as you keep it on (I had a 3-4cm layer on, and knew there were larvae in the soil underneath - they hatched, and molted, and a very few also struggled up through that dense and heavy sand, but when they emerged they would consistently die, it was just too much. So the reproductive cycle got interrupted that way :)

Looking forward to seeing how da crazy gal decides to go on!! :thumbsup:
Cheers!

:yoinks::yoinks::yoinks: What a shocker!! LMAO!!!!:crying:
Here I was, savouring the view into your so beautifully airy closet with your wonderfully uncramped plants coming along at a nice pace - when BAM
the dwarf jumped for the sky, just like that!:shooty: I swear I jumped a little in my seat haha :rofl:

An amazing twosome you've got going there!!
Good thing the AK is blooming along unperturbed by the, ummm, Giant's antics - for a bit of smoke in the meantime :smoking:
Those buds are looking very yummy - all juicy and triched up as they are!

That Royal Giant though, sheesh, what a crazy plant, I have no words :rofl: haha
Don't get me wrong, I feel lucky to have gotten to know her!
That girl is going to be a VERY happy smoke the way she's already spreading the vibe lmao

I did have a thought though, about your lights and how you're using the space - which seems to be much larger than the footprint the plants need. Seeing that, I started wondering whether maybe the light, though maybe nominally adequate (I must have missed what wattage you're running the 3 COBs at?), was dispersing too much in the tent - the tent walls being far away, and thus lots of photons getting lost bouncing all over but not really onto the plants.
So maybe if they were placed closer to the walls -just moved back a bit actually- , then light reflection would more likely reach the plants from those 3 now closer sides, more in any case than the way they are, centered in the room (for all the lovely airiness it provides:biggrin:).

And as for the fungus gnats, they're only a real danger to the plants in the seedling stage, when root mass is small, and losing a few can be a life or death thing. Unless of course crazy amounts, I imagine it would have to be so many larvae that you could see the soil moving haha
No, actually I have no idea, maybe fungus gnats can cause so much root damage a grown plant gets to suffer.
I do know that their menu consists primarily of decaying organic matter, it is only when they have none of that that they go for the roots. ;)
And yes sand works, for as long as you keep it on (I had a 3-4cm layer on, and knew there were larvae in the soil underneath - they hatched, and molted, and a very few also struggled up through that dense and heavy sand, but when they emerged they would consistently die, it was just too much. So the reproductive cycle got interrupted that way :)

Looking forward to seeing how da crazy gal decides to go on!! :thumbsup:
Cheers!
I'm glad to have you along for the journey! My 3 lights are one 55 watt, 6500k Autocob in the middle and a 70w, 3500k cob build of my own. One on each side. I let them share the 6500k between them the whole grow. No lights were ever directly over the main cola. I felt it would be too intense. Now im not getting enough light near the bottom but I'm letting them grow. Now I have another AK baby and a new 6500k Autocob in the rear. It's directly over it and does light the lower of the other AK. I will see how this one stretches!

My disadvantage is I grow at my friends. He is over 80 and will water what I tell him too but not much else. Training is about out of the question as I only see him 2 days a week. He loves to look at the buds because he knows they will be smoked soon. But you let one get a deficiency and it sends him for a loop, like his whole world is shattered! It's so funny . We usually just grow 2, for ease of work on him and nothing is usually cramped.

This is one reason why I had to go water only,he would not ph anything. Wouldn't even practice on water. That's been a blessing

Back