Extraction QWET to Vape

I just did two washes a 5 minute freezer wash and a 5 minute room temperature wash. If the Carbon X will allow me to do room temperature washes we all know that room temp washes extracts actives better :woohoo:.

I took two pictures of them before putting them into the freezer to winterize them. I changed sides because the light was different but you can see the warm wash is definitely darker.
Warm wash on the right.
left.jpg

Warm wash on the left.
right.jpg

After running them through the buchner filter with [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG] paper the difference is not huge. My order of 100 g of CarbonX is slated for delivery late today. When it gets here I will put 10g in each and see how it does? :stir:

So here is what the reclaimed rosin chip QWET looks like after treatment with the CarbonX. This is really amazing considering what I started with.
x1.jpg

This stuff is really sticky and the consistency a little thicker than honey. I am decarbing some and adding Viscosity thinner only to get a consistency of cold maple syrup. The aroma after decarbing is a little toasty. I am going to put some in a cartridge without flavor terps and give it a try in a bit.

The two QWET extractions I did yesterday have been winterized and filtered with a [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG] paper. I sanded the inside edge of my throwaway buchner filter to make the landing a little wider ~ 1/2". It does not leak now and works very well indeed. Really a great cheap buy with an easy fix to make reusable. Get them here and here on Amazon.

x2.jpg
x3.jpg

I added 10g of CarbonX to each and just stir them up whenever I walk buy them. Will see how they come out tomorrow.

x4.jpg
x5.jpg

So just tested the vape oil from the sludge. It looks pretty good on the cartridge. It tastes a bit toasty. I hope to alter that with strain profile terpenes. As to the buzz I am baked.

The CarbonX was allowed to soak overnight. I swireld the jars whenever I passed by. I am 99% sure we have a winner here. I have the freezer wash drying as I type. This is what it looks like now:

Freezer wash on left:

left2.jpg

Freezer wash on right:

right2.jpg

Comparison before/after The CarbonX wash.

compare.jpg

What it looks like in the pyrex drying pan:

dry1.jpg

The yield from the freezer wash is ~1.25g of what looks like golden shatter. I will decarb, thin and flavor tomorrow. I have decided to go with the Green Crack profile terpenes. The warm wash is in the drying box.

fr1.jpg

I don't think I can make a lighter color product. It is very clean and clear and must just be the color of the actives. The color is dark brown/red honey. It reminds me of a good Octoberfest Ale. The yield was smaller than I was hoping but maybe the warm extraction will be better?

The 1 ml cart is the QWET from the sludge and the .5 ml is the Freezer extraction of good bud. Not a huge difference in color.

color1.jpg

I will have a smoke report later after my chores are done :haha:.

I don't think I can make a lighter color product. It is very clean and clear and must just be the color of the actives. The color is dark brown/red honey. It reminds me of a good Octoberfest Ale. The yield was smaller than I was hoping but maybe the warm extraction will be better?

The 1 ml cart is the QWET from the sludge and the .5 ml is the Freezer extraction of good bud. Not a huge difference in color.

View attachment 932478

I will have a smoke report later after my chores are done :haha:.
Well it looks like you are just where you wanted to be on this. Good long constant effort. Nice looking product.

I think I got this batch as colorless as possible. I mean after all this was mission impossible. I used some sludge. I was just going to throw it away. It is still going to be darker than I am trying to achieve. I will be doing a freezer extraction later today or tomorrow. This will be a more realistic trial. In the meantime here is what I did today.

The buchner filter I have been using was supposed to be a use once throw away but being so cheap I removed the filter material. I sanded around the edge and I am using 90 mm filter papers in it. It leaks a little around the edges but I can make it work ok.

View attachment 931106 View attachment 931107 View attachment 931108

I ran the QWET with the CarbonX through the filter 4 times to get all of the CarbonX out.

View attachment 931109 View attachment 931110
The last filter paper was almost clean.

Here is a picture of the product headed for the drying chamber.

View attachment 931111

Here is a picture of a box, AC filter and a exhaust fan I turned into a dustless fan to evaporate off the ethanol. View attachment 931112 View attachment 931114

Attachments

• 129018997785124146031.jpg
    129018997785124146031.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 89
Good news, the room temperature QWET has a much better yield at almost 3g. I will thin, flavor and put into carts tomorrow. It is a little bit darker (not that you could tell in a picture). I will know more about the quality tomorrow.

I am running out of inferior weed to work with so I need to dial this in soon. I think for the next run which will be much smaller, I will just evaporate off the ethanol. I want a light golden color from cured weed!

I hope you have some
VISCOSITY Extract Liquifier
on hand. I see they are out of stock.

Back