Extraction QWET to Vape

SerVum and Liquefy are two different products. SerVum works with rosin better than Liquefy. I only use flavored terps when the natural flavors do not come through well or are not what I expected. Not only do they change the flavor but the buzz as well. I try to run flavor terps to match the strain that way the buzz is kept in line with the strain. This is just a personal preference yours may be different.

This may sound dumb but rookie here!! From what I can see the serVum doesn’t contain anything bad like vitamin e acetate??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This may sound dumb but rookie here!! From what I can see the serVum doesn’t contain anything bad like vitamin e acetate??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is true but the first ingredient is a pre-cursor to synthetic Vitamin E and the second is still an untested ingredient. I want more scientific investigation on the whole subject. So I have decided to use the SerVm vape cart only when away from home. When home I will just do dabs - nothing but pure rosin from my own buds.

I don't think I can make a lighter color product. It is very clean and clear and must just be the color of the actives. The color is dark brown/red honey. It reminds me of a good Octoberfest Ale. The yield was smaller than I was hoping but maybe the warm extraction will be better?

The 1 ml cart is the QWET from the sludge and the .5 ml is the Freezer extraction of good bud. Not a huge difference in color.

View attachment 932478

I will have a smoke report later after my chores are done :haha:.
Hi MOG :bow: I stumbled into this old thread this am and was reading it cause I was doing exactly the same thing at the same time you were, and had all of the same issues. You'll probably never see this it's so old but here ya go. In the end, I came to think (and I never really got to the end of this thread so maybe you too) that without a vacuum distillation setup, you just can't get it that clear. the closest I came was with AC and I got so excited because the wash was so clear, but the yield was almost microscopic; I filtered all the cannabinoids out. I think that a couple of things contribute to that color one of them may be very tiny particulates. The pros use 'fritted discs' to filter through their buchners which are much more effcient, and expensive. I bought one for about 30 bucks and have yet to use it. I stalled out on this about a year ago and still have slurry in the basement :shrug: I also started with 95% ethanol, Everclear, and then distilled it to 98%. I think that helped too as you might get some coloring from water solubles but I don't really know. I kind of gave up when I realized that the dispensaries were selling really clean ETOH or CO2 extracts in syringes for about $10 gram more than it cost me to make it ($30/g in Colo)......and it takes me many, many hours as you know. I tried CCell cartrdges which I liked ok but switched to O2 brand when folks started dying from vaping. And.........to top it all off, now the dispensaries are leaning into the 'live resin' carts, the most expensive with all their terps......and they are getting darker and darker all the while tastier and more expensive !!

I quit making Carts when people started dying and switched to dabs of rosin and there is simply no reason to go back.

Dabs.png

Terpenes are all you need to thin thick or semisolid extracts for cartridges. Here is a great source with a large variety

https://www.mrextractor.com/

I haven't gone back to read the whole thread. But I presume that simply mixing in some activated charcoal powder and then filtering it out will remove a lot of colorants, tannins, etc.

I haven't gone back to read the whole thread. But I presume that simply mixing in some activated charcoal powder and then filtering it out will remove a lot of colorants, tannins, etc.
Pretty sure that was brought up and it would also strip THC as well.

Charcoal that has not been made for this purpose will leave behind toxic metals. Xtrack labs has one made for this purpose and it can be washed and reused.
Pretty sure that was brought up and it would also strip THC as well.
It does not strip THC or other actives but it does strip terps.

Hey guys read this whole thread I have done everything you are suggesting and more The best product by far is SerVum and live rosin for carts.

Back