Extraction QWET to Vape

I've made the palest honey oil at room temperature with around 100% ethanol. The secret knowledge is to mix in some powdered activated charcoal before filtering.

Yesterday I did a quick 3 minute 95% iced ethanol extraction using just 10g of bud, (8.9g after being further dried in oven) got about one gram+ of very nice amber oil and more (0.5) of a lower quality second extraction. However the room temp ethanol with activated charcoal worked much better than a quick chilled wash. The charcoal removes all the chlorophyll and waxes.

View attachment 1011937 View attachment 1011938 View attachment 1011939

What is the black cylinder looking thing in first pic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very informative read. As some time has passed, what new insights might you care to pass along?

Very informative read. As some time has passed, what new insights might you care to pass along?
Nothing has changed much. I am only using Qwet now for recovering the left overs from my rosin chips. With the discovery of the MassTerpene products I can make vape oils directly from rosin with fantastic flavor from the rosin. MassTerpenes is a member vendor on AFN and I am an official tester for them. I will be starting a thread soon in their forum here: https://www.autoflower.org/forums/massterpenes/

keep an eye open for new information over there.

Starting down this road and want to thank you for a valuable tutorial. Few questions regarding what you believe the best way to get good quality end product.

I was going to use QWET with frozen dried and cured kief with high proof grain to get my starting round of pure product to reduce. Should I just skip that and press my kief for the first pure product and then Soak the chips for round two.

When using the press am I going to have a lot of the waxes still in the product. I’m not looking to go the high end heavy hitters. I just want descent quality vape carts as the end product.

Haven’t spent the money yet on much. My extraction equipment is limited to a few beakers and heated magnetic stirrer at the moment. I want to do it right the first time so curious what you would tell me to buy to get it done right the first time.

Do I buy/build a press or continue to try Frozen QWET?

If I come across a vacuum oven cheap do I need it, is it just to speed up the evaporation process or does it help the end product purity?

If carts are the end product is your opinion to skip the decarb.

I have no clue about yield/ cost yet. I’ve seen the Mass terpenes products but they seem so expensive. Or am I misunderstanding the yield? Do people still makes carts by thinning concentrate with a liquidizer and PG/VG or ?

I’ve read quite a few of the threads in this section but they span a few years and I figure you appear to be at the top of the game so I humbly submit to any information you are willing to share.

I’m ready to make carts, almost.

FB

Starting down this road and want to thank you for a valuable tutorial. Few questions regarding what you believe the best way to get good quality end product.

I was going to use QWET with frozen dried and cured kief with high proof grain to get my starting round of pure product to reduce. Should I just skip that and press my kief for the first pure product and then Soak the chips for round two.

When using the press am I going to have a lot of the waxes still in the product. I’m not looking to go the high end heavy hitters. I just want descent quality vape carts as the end product.

Haven’t spent the money yet on much. My extraction equipment is limited to a few beakers and heated magnetic stirrer at the moment. I want to do it right the first time so curious what you would tell me to buy to get it done right the first time.

Do I buy/build a press or continue to try Frozen QWET?

If I come across a vacuum oven cheap do I need it, is it just to speed up the evaporation process or does it help the end product purity?

If carts are the end product is your opinion to skip the decarb.

I have no clue about yield/ cost yet. I’ve seen the Mass terpenes products but they seem so expensive. Or am I misunderstanding the yield? Do people still makes carts by thinning concentrate with a liquidizer and PG/VG or ?

I’ve read quite a few of the threads in this section but they span a few years and I figure you appear to be at the top of the game so I humbly submit to any information you are willing to share.

I’m ready to make carts, almost.

FB
The mass terpenes products go a very long way. It takes very little to make a 1g cart. The other questions I cant answer. Man o green is the one

Ok so things have changed and the new SerVum from MassTerpenes is a game changer. Read all about it in this thread: https://www.autoflower.org/threads/manogreen-presents-mass-terpenes.72849/

As far as price goes SerVum is a great value as you are going to use less than $1 worth per 1g cart.

Press your keef in a 90 micron press bag at ~ 180°F for 4 or 5 minutes. Keep this for carts. Then press them again at ~ 210°F. Keep this for edibles.

Soak all of your rosin chips in the purest Ethanol you can get and process the QWET from them. I use this in edibles only so I do not need to winterize it. If you want to make flavored carts out of it be sure to winterize it.

Thank you both.

On the Mass Terpines product is the Serum and the liquefy the same thing. They have a nice site but being a newbie I think I need to understand a bit more before ordering. It looks to be that Serum is a higher grade of Liquefy and then they have the Terps.

On the Terps I understand they add flavor profile. Do they need to match the profile or will they overpower. Could a piney Terps be run with several strains or will it clash ?

I’ll start a thread soon and keep my crazy questions there. Looks like I just need to order a press and some Mass Terps and get going.

And have you changed your mind on best cart ?

SerVum and Liquefy are two different products. SerVum works with rosin better than Liquefy. I only use flavored terps when the natural flavors do not come through well or are not what I expected. Not only do they change the flavor but the buzz as well. I try to run flavor terps to match the strain that way the buzz is kept in line with the strain. This is just a personal preference yours may be different.

Back