Extraction QWET to Vape

Wow wow wow :cooldance::cooldance::cooldance:look at what filtering has done for my QWET:

Filter is 1000ml 22 micron 90mm diameter with a 11 micron filter disk added to it. It is frosty cold from the fridge.

View attachment 925739

This is the first wash QWET:

View attachment 925740

and this is from the second wash QWET:

View attachment 925741

They look identical to my eye. I cannot wait until tomorrow to distill it off. I think I may have found the answer to making great vape juice. I wish I could afford a vacuum oven. Anyhow more tomorrow!
looks really good man o green im watching closely and taking notes where did you pick up the vacuum filter

looks really good man o green im watching closely and taking notes where did you pick up the vacuum filter
Hi @stoney T I Got it on Amazon. I have used it twice now. It is 22 microns and I fit an 11 micron 90mm round [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG] lab filter on top of the filter bed. I noticed I poked a little hole in it getting the filter paper out of it so I don't know if it will work a 3rd time?

I made a batch of 1 oz. bud in a quart of ethanol just using the 3 minute freezer technique. Filtered it and then placed it in a drying chamber with a fan blowing air over it. I want to see if I get a better product this way. It may take a few days to dry it out.

I made contact with Jason at ExtrakLab yesterday. They have a product CarbonX that they manufacture that can get the color out of Ethanol washes without stripping the actives or adding any heavy metals. He is going to send me a sample. I am going to redisolve a previous run and see how it goes.

Ps. the extract I just made that tastes toasty gets me really baked. It is stronger than the commercial extracts I have to compare it to. I have Bhang pure oil, AbsoluteXtracts and AU Gold and mine kicks their arse!

Just made 500 ML of green dragon in the MBM with 1 oz Green Crack and 1 oz of Six Shooter. Both strains are Fast Buds. I meant to use only green crack but I gabbed a wrong jar.:shrug:

This is why I do not do well with power tools. I was not vaping or riding the green dragon.

My clone green oil machine arrived today and I am ready to distill it. I will use 78C/170F and see how that temp works.
@Dudeski

Just made 500 ML of green dragon in the MBM with 1 oz Green Crack and 1 oz of Six Shooter. Both strains are Fast Buds. I meant to use only green crack but I gabbed a wrong jar.:shrug:

This is why I do not do well with power tools. I was not vaping or riding the green dragon.

My clone green oil machine arrived today and I am ready to distill it. I will use 78C/170F and see how that temp works.
@Dudeski
I had to get mine up to 185°F for distillation to work on a first run. On a second pass of the ethanol I was able to get it to distill at 180°F and it came out at ~185 proof or 88%.

Ps. I had to turn the dial past the screw stop.

I had to get mine up to 185°F for distillation to work on a first run. On a second pass of the ethanol I was able to get it to distill at 180°F and it came out at ~185 proof or 88%.

Ps. I had to turn the dial past the screw stop.
Mine is at 80C then it worked. It has been distilling for over 1hr 15 minutes. Still dropping into bowl. I thought I saw the your handy work :)

@Dudeski
Are you going to post it in here as well? This all looks great! Making vape juice is on my to do list

Are you going to post it in here as well? This all looks great! Making vape juice is on my to do list
Well it seems I may have distilled too much. The bottom of the SS distiller had baked on resin. I tried to use a razor bladed to scrap it off the bottom and sides. The final product is like tar. I put some VP in the distiller and that "helped" so I could. Boy oh boy what a mess I made. Finally got all of the black tar of my elbows and hands. I use a scrapper my wife had in the kitchen, boy that was a mistake. It was her favorite.

My concern was to get rid of all of the Everclear and I believe I did. It ran at 78C for 1 1/2 hours. I saw the run of slow down to drops and saw the temp go over 100C. The page of instructions said that meant I was getting towards the end of the run.
So @Dudeski I am not quite ready for the big time. I will need to hold off before I scare all of you off. Live and learn. :kitty:

Well it seems I may have distilled too much. The bottom of the SS distiller had baked on resin. I tried to use a razor bladed to scrap it off the bottom and sides. The final product is like tar. I put some VP in the distiller and that "helped" so I could. Boy oh boy what a mess I made. Finally got all of the black tar of my elbows and hands. I use a scrapper my wife had in the kitchen, boy that was a mistake. It was her favorite.

My concern was to get rid of all of the Everclear and I believe I did. It ran at 78C for 1 1/2 hours. I saw the run of slow down to drops and saw the temp go over 100C. The page of instructions said that meant I was getting towards the end of the run.
So @Dudeski I am not quite ready for the big time. I will need to hold off before I scare all of you off. Live and learn. :kitty:
The difference in temps between our units could just be calibration of the gauges? ethanol/water begins to vaporize at different temps depending on the alcohol water ratio.

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Did you get your wife's scraper cleaned off? ISO works good for cleaning tools. You need to be watching the temp gauge closely as soon as it moves up 1 increment on the scale you need to turn it down and open the unit to boil off the remaining water. At least that is how I have been doing it.

Back