Lighting Quantum board thread.

California Lightworks has tunable spectrum light articles that can give you an idea of recipes and optimal mixes at each stage. ScynceLED has many informative articles on the subject as well.

I'm interested in red manipulation but imo a lot of it would be much more beneficial with c02 to really take advantage of finishing times and vigorous growth.

I still haven't invested but I've been looking bridgelux Vestas or ScynceLED but my whole setup needs to be overhauled.
I‘m always suspicious of the light manufacturers themselves. The info there always suits them and their product, so I tend to rather go into forums where the people are who use all of this stuff in real life.

I‘m always suspicious of the light manufacturers themselves. The info there always suits them and their product, so I tend to rather go into forums where the people are who use all of this stuff in real life.

I agree lol it's at rabbit hole as we still don't fully understand how some colors affect morphology

I run qb96v2 in one spot and a bridgelux eb strips light and I get better bigger faster plants under it then with the qb96v2 the strip has 5 3500k and 9 3000k which I love it was also cheaper and provides a better spread these are the 22in long 1400ma ones I also have a Samsung/bridgelux combo that runs 200w and 700ma and next grow I will be only using the strip lights the qb96v2 will be put away till I need them or I get a bigger spot.
20191025_115022.jpg
20191025_114844(1).jpg

I run qb96v2 in one spot and a bridgelux eb strips light and I get better bigger faster plants under it then with the qb96v2 the strip has 5 3500k and 9 3000k which I love it was also cheaper and provides a better spread these are the 22in long 1400ma ones I also have a Samsung/bridgelux combo that runs 200w and 700ma and next grow I will be only using the strip lights the qb96v2 will be put away till I need them or I get a bigger spot.View attachment 1161440View attachment 1161441
Bridgelux has one nice looking EB strip. Where did you purchase those bad boys?

Bridgelux has one nice looking EB strip. Where did you purchase those bad boys?
Digi key I got 2 different ones but the 22in one is 450w and 280mm one is 200w so far I like the strip setup better it just grows better bigger plants I like my qb96v2s it's just they don't quite preform as good and more expensive per watt.

Bridgelux has some top bin diodes that is a fact, Im glad you have found your sweetspot on lighting. Im sticking with the Quantum boards for a few years I have 12 240 watt panels with more coming for another 8x8. I get them for less than a dollar a watt so I can not complain and zero issues since my first board when I started this thread. I sure have cut the wattage back since I stopped running fan cooled leds.

I just received my Budget Grow Lights 250 board V3. I see in your pics, which are just super, that all of your boards are raised a great deal off the floor. Is this just for you taking pics or do you keep them that high?

I pulled the trigger on a 135W QB V2 RSPEC. I've been wanting one for a 2x2 for a while now, and I have the quarantine crazies as an excuse!

I'm not spending money I don't have to spend, I'm doing my civic duty by staying home and gardening.

Do you have them on full blast, or are they dimmed separately @F.N. ? I recently got my kingbrite 240w qb and so far it's been great!

Back