Lighting Quantum board thread.

My QB96s have been running hard and strong for 2 years. I was running a single @400w with cooling and its still going strong 2 years later.
QB's are def worth the money and any concerns about lifespan can be put to rest.

I will be interesting to see where Technology takes us.

Last edited:
just received this. as a gift. from DIYLED UK. i guess it's a quantum board? :shrug: i have lost track of led tech. have been running 10 year old blackstars and 30 dollar auction panels. this is a quantum leap for me. (pun intended) gonna follow this thread to learn.:cheers: over 1200 led's on this panel. :yoinks:
DSC_0010.JPG
DSC_0011.JPG
DSC_0012.JPG
DSC_0013.JPG
DSC_0014.JPG
DSC_0015.JPG
big mistake looking at this full on. could not see well again for over an hour. :baked:

Thankfully, I already had the drivers from the COB light, a pair of HLG240H -C2100b drivers, as this is the most money I've spent for a light. Because I send them a lot of business, they donated the heatsink. I've been working up to a light like this for years. And anyone looking for a Diablo board, www.cobkits.com has them

Why you have to come and flex on everyone lol... gorgeous light. I have half of yours. 2 diablo boards on an xl heatsink. 240w driver

You think mines big? you should see my fathers!:crying:.:woody:

Last edited:
I really doubt that a tiny amount of UV will amount to much. Do they actually have UV LEDS on their board? If so I wouldn't buy them, I'd want a light with the UV portion on a separate circuit so that it could be turned off. UV is a danger to your eyesight making lights with always active UV dangerous. Personally, I'll stick with my Diablos. If I want UV I'll ad a separate light that I can control.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0...-4005-b69f-994db67c6653_700x.png?v=1597398946

if you look at the spectrum of the Par+ you see that it drops to 350 NM. in small amounts. UVB is a critical part of the spectrum. for potent cannabis. that is why Par+ is superior. BTW this panel draws 550 watts. also fully wired with waterproof connectors. and XLG grade Ballast.
a step up from the diablo. :evil1:

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0...-4005-b69f-994db67c6653_700x.png?v=1597398946

if you look at the spectrum of the Par+ you see that it drops to 350 NM. in small amounts. UVB is a critical part of the spectrum. for potent cannabis. that is why Par+ is superior. BTW this panel draws 550 watts. also fully wired with waterproof connectors. and XLG grade Ballast.
a step up from the diablo. :evil1:

I've seen some studies showing that near UV/UVA is just as beneficial without having to add UVB. The amount of UVB necessary seems small enough that UVA accomplishes the same and can be ran from veg to harvest. Supposedly UVA improves Ca uptake and can harden off young plants for outdoors.

Back