Lighting Quantum board thread.

I really doubt that a tiny amount of UV will amount to much. Do they actually have UV LEDS on their board? If so I wouldn't buy them, I'd want a light with the UV portion on a separate circuit so that it could be turned off. UV is a danger to your eyesight making lights with always active UV dangerous. Personally, I'll stick with my Diablos. If I want UV I'll ad a separate light that I can control.
I run a separate uva strip I built for that reason aswell as using the correct amount just like red and far red you don't want to much so I have it ran of a mean well idc-25-700ma which I run @ 15w to 18w never full 25w as it seems to cause issues with nutes not sure if it's strength of light or how much it changes spectrum or if it uptakes to little or to much but when turned down I have much less issues.

does the sun regulate and delegate the amounts of ALL UV ? NO it gives full blast to plants from dawn till dusk.
do you protect your skin and eyes from UV? does cannabis protect itself from ALL UV ? Yes. the harsher the UV the more resin is produced to protect the plant, that resin is what makes it strong. ask yourself this, what was the best cannabis you ever smoked ? and was it indoor grown or outdoor? in my 58 years of smoking BY far outdoor would be my answer. if you say outdoor then Praise the UV. :cheers:
i also supplement wit a 50 Watt UV bulb. 370 to 390 NM.
DSC_0675 (1).JPG

Nah, I'm not chasing down that rabit hole lol. But in 55 years of smoking weed, I've had outstanding bud from both indoor and outdoor grows. And I've had low THC strains that could kick your ass. THC is great but its not the endall. A good grow outdoors takes much experience and skill, I'll give you that.

But I personally consider UV in the growroom as a health hazard not worth the results. But as I said, that's me.

that is a bulb from a company called DR. Bulb on fleabay. they have a wide variety of UV bulbs for reptiles, it seems they need some too!
and i think people need it as well, in small amounts. we have evolved for the last million years fully exposed to these doses of UV. and may be the kickstart to genetic change. :cheers:

It's the point source concentration that's the problem, and no, not your skin etc, it's your eyes! You can be blinded easily by a UV LED. That's why you where goggles in a tanning bed. ( yes I know they are not LED ) The atmosphere blocks a lot of the UV and diffuses it. That's why hazy days are worse for sunburn caused by UV, it water vapor magnifies the UV. Staring at a UV light is not as bad as staring at the sun unprotected, but it is proven to be dangerous. Simple solution for all is to wear UV blocking glasses, in fact, protective glasses around LED lighting as intense as we use. Even ordinary sunglasses help. As a former industrial safety officer, I always try to see the safe way to do things and just want to see everyone be safe, that's my only intent on bringing this up, it's too easy to be careless around LED UV lighting.

https://electronics.stackexchange.com/questions/25851/safety-guidelines-for-ultraviolet-leds

does the sun regulate and delegate the amounts of ALL UV ? NO it gives full blast to plants from dawn till dusk.
do you protect your skin and eyes from UV? does cannabis protect itself from ALL UV ? Yes. the harsher the UV the more resin is produced to protect the plant, that resin is what makes it strong. ask yourself this, what was the best cannabis you ever smoked ? and was it indoor grown or outdoor? in my 58 years of smoking BY far outdoor would be my answer. if you say outdoor then Praise the UV. :cheers:
i also supplement wit a 50 Watt UV bulb. 370 to 390 NM. View attachment 1237080

just received this. as a gift. from DIYLED UK. i guess it's a quantum board? :shrug: i have lost track of led tech. have been running 10 year old blackstars and 30 dollar auction panels. this is a quantum leap for me. (pun intended) gonna follow this thread to learn.:cheers: over 1200 led's on this panel. :yoinks:View attachment 1236618View attachment 1236619View attachment 1236620View attachment 1236621View attachment 1236622View attachment 1236623 big mistake looking at this full on. could not see well again for over an hour. :baked:

You need green glasses my man. and that is a Q.B. imho

i also supplement wit a 50 Watt UV bulb. 370 to 390 NM. View attachment 1237080
What was the herbs like in the early sixties bro. 58 years of smoking that is 1962 You are one of the longest weedsmokers I have ever met.

Tobacco at 7. drinking at nine. in street gangs at an early age. :lol:

oh i forgot, my mother smoked cannabis in the 30's.

Tobacco at 7. drinking at nine. in street gangs at an early age. :lol:

oh i forgot, my mother smoked cannabis in the 30's.

My Father had me at a older age he was a ww2 vet who fought and was hurt badly on the beaches of Normandy. Well healing up in England he was turned onto Black Hash. He was a guy who would partake if it was going around. One night in 1968 he was partying with the neighbors and was on his way home when he fell in the only puddle with in 100 feet all around him he was laughing so hard he could not get up for at least five minutes so my church going mother said anyways. I remember the seventies and getting herbs from some parts of the world that had all the colors under the rainbow and we would swear we were halucinating lol. The old days of high end land race sativa strains.

Back