Lighting Quantum board thread.

I know this isn't a quantum board post, but I just bought a cheap no name brand blurple for babies.

It says 1000w on the box, cost me $85.

Guess how many watts it draws at the wall?
c70c49409e17d9670f64ec8aa96338a5.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

I know this isn't a quantum board post, but I just bought a cheap no name brand blurple for babies.

It says 1000w on the box, cost me $85.

Guess how many watts it draws at the wall?
c70c49409e17d9670f64ec8aa96338a5.jpg

130w

Tell me about it! I thought I took a photo but obviously not [emoji2371]

Only 83 lol [emoji30][emoji30][emoji30][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787] you get what you pay for!

This was exactly what turned me off those purple LEDs. From the very beginning they had ridiculous claims that 100 watts was equivalent to 300+ watts of hps etc. I was a fool and trusted the manufacturers back in the day... I wasted a lot of money on sub par grow lights.

It did teach me not to mess around with lighting though, and that lighting is probably the most important part of the environment. I'm glad we have QBs and CoBs now that actually are as efficient as they advertise.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

This was exactly what turned me off those purple LEDs. From the very beginning they had ridiculous claims that 100 watts was equivalent to 300+ watts of hps etc. I was a fool and trusted the manufacturers back in the day... I wasted a lot of money on sub par grow lights.

It did teach me not to mess around with lighting though, and that lighting is probably the most important part of the environment. I'm glad we have QBs and CoBs now that actually are as efficient as they advertise.

I'm not going to lie there are good blurple colored led lights I have a eBay Mehiez or something like that it pulls 135 from Wall and would kill the Mars 600w which pulls 270 from Wall so like pop22 was saying u get the same watts or led but the quality off light coming out is sub par like the Mars has double the wats but won't grow as big/heavy of a plant bc it doesn't have as good of a spectrum

I'm not going to lie there are good blurple colored led lights I have a eBay Mehiez or something like that it pulls 135 from Wall and would kill the Mars 600w which pulls 270 from Wall so like pop22 was saying u get the same watts or led but the quality off light coming out is sub par like the Mars has double the wats but won't grow as big/heavy of a plant bc it doesn't have as good of a spectrum
I used a 250w from the wall Meizhi for about 6 months, and I do think they are a solid choice on a budget.

However, their marketing is the same BS as every other purple LED. The model I had was called a 600w which is hilarious. The light wasn't even as effective as a 250w hps, and nothing like a 600w hps.

I used it in a 2x2x4 for flowering and it did well but I don't know how they get away with claiming wildly off numbers like 600w...

Those LEDs are fine on a budget, and nice because you can order them right off amazon, but I wish they would be more honest in their advertising.

If a first time grower bought a light like that thinking he had a good 600 watt hid replacement, he would be greatly disappointed come harvest time.

To clarify: It's not the lights I have a problem with, it's the way the companies greatly over hype the capabilities of their lights.

I used a 250w from the wall Meizhi for about 6 months, and I do think they are a solid choice on a budget.

However, their marketing is the same BS as every other purple LED. The model I had was called a 600w which is hilarious. The light wasn't even as effective as a 250w hps, and nothing like a 600w hps.

I used it in a 2x2x4 for flowering and it did well but I don't know how they get away with claiming wildly off numbers like 600w...

Those LEDs are fine on a budget, and nice because you can order them right off amazon, but I wish they would be more honest in their advertising.

If a first time grower bought a light like that thinking he had a good 600 watt hid replacement, he would be greatly disappointed come harvest time.

To clarify: It's not the lights I have a problem with, it's the way the companies greatly over hype the capabilities of their lights.

I got two Meizhi lights here too. When I started I just wanted something cheap to see if I can do it and if I enjoy it. I ran 5 rounds with the 900watt model and the first round almost gave me a gram per watt. After a few rounds I found the light to be getting dimmer and the yield way less.

Totally agree----they are not cost effective as the cobs and boards, but they will grow meds....here are a couple of examples of my first grow with the meizhi....would not use my meizhi 900w in my 3x3 in the summer, but possibly in the winter for the extra heat in the tent----to hot in the tent in the summer then i have to run air conditioning which we all know boosts electricity costs.
Blueberry (2).jpg
WhiteWidow.jpg

Back