Lighting Quantum board thread.

Totally agree----they are not cost effective as the cobs and boards, but they will grow meds....here are a couple of examples of my first grow with the meizhi....would not use my meizhi 900w in my 3x3 in the summer, but possibly in the winter for the extra heat in the tent----to hot in the tent in the summer then i have to run air conditioning which we all know boosts electricity costs.
View attachment 1073128 View attachment 1073129

Dude those are very nice looking plants!

It definitely provides enough light for your space.

When I bought a Meihzi I wasn't sure about coverage due to the general over hype of purples, but this guy has videos that give a realistic footprint for Meihzi lights. I watched some of his vids before deciding the "600w" was right for my space:

I'm using COBs now, but being able to order from Amazon is a big plus.

Last edited:
Totally agree----they are not cost effective as the cobs and boards, but they will grow meds....here are a couple of examples of my first grow with the meizhi....would not use my meizhi 900w in my 3x3 in the summer, but possibly in the winter for the extra heat in the tent----to hot in the tent in the summer then i have to run air conditioning which we all know boosts electricity costs.
View attachment 1073128 View attachment 1073129
great looking lady

I'd open it up and take a look inside, I've seen some truly dangerous wiring inside those cheap burple light!

I know this isn't a quantum board post, but I just bought a cheap no name brand blurple for babies.

It says 1000w on the box, cost me $85.

Guess how many watts it draws at the wall?
c70c49409e17d9670f64ec8aa96338a5.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Ya I've seen very few led company's give the correct power rates as far as a hps comparisons the lights should be sold and measured by par and or ppfd other wise it doesn't give u real world info and that's how these companies can claim 300w or 600w when really it's not not sure wat logic there is in multiplying 3w by how ever many chips there are bc unless driving them @3w each then it would make sense also if u look @ the coverage of the 300w it is similar ppfd for the 1x1 but then falls off hard 600w one is similar in that it's about 2.25ft x 2.25ft so u see the trend. The biggest problem with them is flower foot print and as pop22 stated China has different standards for wiring I've got thing from China like this 200w heater and it smelled like it was off gassing then wiring inside failed which luckily I use fused plugs on this or there would have been a fire

Only 83 lol [emoji30][emoji30][emoji30][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787] you get what you pay for!

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Luckily though 20 of that is for the fan
:crying:

It will be fantastic as a veg/ nursery light. It could probably even flower small or medium plant, but don’t dedicate it to a 4x4.

And that's why we have gone to Quantum Boards! The problem is, unless a new grower comes to a forum first and learns, these Chinese thieves play on new people. Yes they'll probably grow some weed, I've used them. But I wanted and really, needed better and I wasn't wasting my money on dead technology like HPS. So I worked odd jobs and some selling on ebay, to pay for better lights. All my lights are from HLG and formerly Norther Growlights, mostly QBs and a custom COB light that I built as a test for them here. Its a good light, but I'm replacing it with QBs also, for the few inches of height gain, them extra 8" can come in handy!

So I hope you who bought this, got a good deal. Get a grow or two in then look into upgrading, its the best improvement I've made to my tents.

And that's why we have gone to Quantum Boards! The problem is, unless a new grower comes to a forum first and learns, these Chinese thieves play on new people. Yes they'll probably grow some weed, I've used them. But I wanted and really, needed better and I wasn't wasting my money on dead technology like HPS. So I worked odd jobs and some selling on ebay, to pay for better lights. All my lights are from HLG and formerly Norther Growlights, mostly QBs and a custom COB light that I built as a test for them here. Its a good light, but I'm replacing it with QBs also, for the few inches of height gain, them extra 8" can come in handy!

So I hope you who bought this, got a good deal. Get a grow or two in then look into upgrading, its the best improvement I've made to my tents.
I agree I've also seen great results running the Samsung h series which are also affordable I have single and double row and some bridgelux eb strips in one area and 2 hlg qb96v2s in a different area all cobs have been retired from main grow

Here is my new Quantum board Meijiu company They put this one together with a dimmer and two rows of 660 nm red in between those top bin Samsung smd chips. My whole photo room is now Quantum boards This one cost me a dollar Canadian a Watt. Bloody unreal price wise. And a dimmer OH YEAH.
IMG_20190708_223339.jpg
IMG_20190708_223305.jpg
IMG_20190708_223241.jpg

Last edited:
I am posting here just to give other members some heads up about Meijiu since I recommended them a lot.

I have a V1 board bought less than a year ago. 16 diodes are not lighting up. This is my SECOND board with problems!

They refunded me my first board BUT I am waiting on a reply on my second board. Since this is my second board with issues, they are trying to make things difficult for me i.e make me ship the board back! Let me note that the fact that 2 out of 3 boards has bad diodes only proves that they have a quality issue. I should not be penalized for that.

No reason why my first board was refunded but the second one cannot. Exact same case. In fact, cheaper board. Lets see.

Before I get a confirmation that they will stand behind their product, I suggest staying away from their products! Unless you want the below to happen

Meijiu V1 board with an entire string dimmed
ee55e772d66ea3b1e18c528c6e29fb26.jpg

Then they all went out
7296bdfc6aa6725e58a45fde97930b92.jpg

Meijiu V2 board. Just one diode gone bad. Was refunded for the board only
5b3eb6fcc35d9624206e4ce95c53d5bb.jpg

Shit happens with any product from any company. Important thing is they stand behind their product when shit happens. I suggest anyone planning a purchase to wait till I can confirm they stand by their product. Otherwise, please don't quote me in the future.

Please note that a refund is their choice. They prefer not to replace for some reason.

I deal with Rita and all was great UNTIL i had this problem. Without even asking her boss, she hinted that I may need to ship the board back. I was furious because this is a hint that she feels I'm lying. I did not give them my business and recommended them on AFN just to cheat a 90 dollar board!

Meijiu is now shady in my eyes until they do the right thing! Rita is not that hot to me now too lol!

And...Ive read on other forums that there are many such cases. Meijiu usually try to give you a standard 20 dollar compensation to shut you up. Don't fall for that for anyone who has purchased.

This post will become a thread depending on the reply Rita gives me soon. I won't have my dear AFNers buy faulty lights under my recommendation!
Did they fix this in the end?

Did they fix this in the end?
Wow bro thanks for the heads @Equatorial up I have been running them since this thread started and one from bava the one from bava I did not like the heat sink. That being said not one issue with any of there lights that being said I will keep me eyes peeled. I cannot complain so far so good but I will take this very serious that is a fact. I just checked 13 months I have been running them and I just checked lol all are still working just fine. I will buy a watt reader I can afford that lol and see where I stand with watts but my plants are looking good.

Last edited:
Back