Lighting Quantum board thread.

I guess I’ll find out if I end up with the same issues/faulty diodes. So far, all is good. Granted, I run my boards at barely 150watt
Same here cos my space can't take too much more than that. I have heatsinks too which makes them much sturdier. Still, this shows quality to be inconsistent. I have 3 boards bought in two batches. I have defects in both my orders with them. Not just a random event imo. Lets not forget I have an exploding dimmer that I did nothing to and a bad power plug.

If they take responsibility I'll still buy from them cos everyone makes mistakes. Growers knows this best. However, it does not seem like it atm. Will give Rita the benefit of the doubt, before I make it a past time of mine to post about Rita/Meijiu everywhere I can LOL!

Same here cos my space can't take too much more than that. I have heatsinks too which makes them much sturdier. Still, this shows quality to be inconsistent. I have 3 boards bought in two batches. I have defects in both my orders with them. Not just a random event imo. Lets not forget I have an exploding dimmer that I did nothing to and a bad power plug.

If they take responsibility I'll still buy from them cos everyone makes mistakes. Growers knows this best. However, it does not seem like it atm. Will give Rita the benefit of the doubt, before I make it a past time of mine to post about Rita/Meijiu everywhere I can LOL!
I guess we will see how it all pans out. So far, I’m happy with mine. But who knows what is yet to come.

Last edited:
I am not posting to criticizes anyone who is trying to get the best bang for your money, let me say this first off. When price is your only consideration in any purchase then buyer beware. We all want to feel that we got a great deal but in the end we need to know if/when there is a problem that the vendor only asks you when they can re-ship to you. This is the cost of ownership. You go with your gut and put trust into some vender. Only later to find they do not trust you.

Now maybe people see why I've been against these companies. These support issues are always the same and have been since we first started buying LED grow lights. You pay return shipping to China. Or " we send your parts, you solder..." or its your fault and no warranty. I'll guarantee you if the chips are dying that soon, they are likely NOT Samsung chips, OR, they are rejects that were suppose to be destroyed and smuggled out the backdoor... and yes, that's really and issue with these companies. I'm sorry, but, many of these companies will outright lie about their products. Buyer beware and you get what you pay for. I'm all for saving money, and buying the most expensive product does NOT guarantee your getting the best. But with 10 years of information out there telling us what crooks many of these companies are, I'd think people would be less eager to jump on these products. And if you must buy them, find a reseller in your country, at least then you stand a chance of having a recourse if the seller stiffs you.
One of the reasons I deal solely with HLG is their outstanding customer service. I had one issue and they had a replacement on its way within hours of my email, and I received the replacement the next day! Plus, a 3 year warranty. My first boards are now just about 3 years old and have been in constant service, growing mostly autos, so they've run mostly 24/0 for the first 2 years. I've never had an LED on an HLG board fail ( the replacement was for a wire connector on the board that failed ).
I'm sure there are some decent Chinese copies out there, but I'M not going to play LED roulette to find one....

I am not posting to criticizes anyone who is trying to get the best bang for your money, let me say this first off. When price is your only consideration in any purchase then buyer beware. We all want to feel that we got a great deal but in the end we need to know if/when there is a problem that the vendor only asks you when they can re-ship to you. This is the cost of ownership. You go with your gut and put trust into some vender. Only later to find they do not trust you.

Now maybe people see why I've been against these companies. These support issues are always the same and have been since we first started buying LED grow lights. You pay return shipping to China. Or " we send your parts, you solder..." or its your fault and no warranty. I'll guarantee you if the chips are dying that soon, they are likely NOT Samsung chips, OR, they are rejects that were suppose to be destroyed and smuggled out the backdoor... and yes, that's really and issue with these companies. I'm sorry, but, many of these companies will outright lie about their products. Buyer beware and you get what you pay for. I'm all for saving money, and buying the most expensive product does NOT guarantee your getting the best. But with 10 years of information out there telling us what crooks many of these companies are, I'd think people would be less eager to jump on these products. And if you must buy them, find a reseller in your country, at least then you stand a chance of having a recourse if the seller stiffs you.
One of the reasons I deal solely with HLG is their outstanding customer service. I had one issue and they had a replacement on its way within hours of my email, and I received the replacement the next day! Plus, a 3 year warranty. My first boards are now just about 3 years old and have been in constant service, growing mostly autos, so they've run mostly 24/0 for the first 2 years. I've never had an LED on an HLG board fail ( the replacement was for a wire connector on the board that failed ).
I'm sure there are some decent Chinese copies out there, but I'M not going to play LED roulette to find one....
:warrior: agree

I totally agree but @ the same time within reason you don't know until u buy something I know u can for example buy an engine that's made there without manufacturing mark Cummins or similar for half price all bc they don't have the mark but you have to be ever vigilant and no ur shit on the subject as to get proper info another example is some of the big box companies use cxb3070 cobs @ lowest bin or even cxb2530 and these lights are expensive 650 plus up to 1000 and its got warranty but it's like buying a old white frame Mars 300/600 there are better lights for the same price quantum board included but to each his own I love both my strip light and my qb96v2 equally

But you do know. You get what you pay for. The example of the Diesel engine is excellent.

All the good crank shafts that have been magnafluxed and pass QC go to the first run brand name manufacturer. All the rest get sold to the knock off guy. All the pistons that are true with no casting defects get milled and machined to perfection for the first run brand name engine and the rest...... oh yeah the knock if guy. Etc etc etc right on down the line, yup the story of the parts are made in the same factory is always true. They are all made in the same crappy factory in the middle of nowhere. But the high end seller buying the parts that they need to guarantee gets all the bests items at a premium and builds a superior product. The second and third run then gets sold to whatever wholesalers are willing to take the lot in bulk with the understanding that they may not be the best. But that’s the story we’ve all been arguing since day one.

I was in construction trades for years. Some guys buy $750 saws that last 20 years. My Dewalt sliding compound miter that was not bought at a box store has been around that long. Other guys don’t mind spending $250 every 5 years for one from our wonderful Chinese freight company. You can buy tools in the USA in three levels.

Grainger
Box stores
China freight

No different than lights.

Hell you might get lucky, and I might get unlucky. But I’ll gamble on the quality product before the inferior.

I just took the plunge! 480w v2 from Kingbrite, 3500k +UV +IR for $430USD delivered. [emoji85] we shall see!

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

I just took the plunge! 480w v2 from Kingbrite, 3500k +UV +IR for $430USD delivered. [emoji85] we shall see!

Nice! Can't really beat less than a dollar a watt

Everyone wish me luck! I'll keep everyone up to date on my dealings, delivery and after sales service!
bfbcfaab464ea3e2e67ce985e736f41e.jpg

Back