Lighting Quantum board thread.

Greetings.

So Ive just read through he last 65 pages & watched the 2hr+ “GrowTube” video on spectrums that was shared earlier in the thread. I’m pretty sure I have more questions & am more confused than when I started :D
I’m based the U.K. I want to buy a single PRE BUILT unit that will take me from seed to harvest in a 4 x 2 grow space.
I have found a "supplier" based in the U.K on eBay.
Of the units he offers, I’ve been considering the following:

1. 250w QB (2 x 288QB + 250w meanwell driver) with either the Samsung 561c s6 chips or the 301b chips.
  2. 350w QB (3 x 288QB + 350 meanwell driver) with either the Samsung 561c s6 chips or the 301b chips.
  3. 350w QB 800 + 350w meanwell driver with either the Samsung 561c s6 chips or the 301b chips.

All units are available in 3000/3500/4000 kelvin & come with dimmers.

My questions (or at least a couple to start with).
In a 4x2 space growing 3 - 4 autos would a 350w set up be too much power? I hadn’t even thought about it until reading this thread & hearing about peeps scorching seedlings!
Am I better running a 350w set up & dimming it or saving some money & running the 250w at full twat?

Also, bit confused as to what Kelvin to run at. Until reading this thread I’d just assumed that 3500 would be a good middle ground to get me through a full cycle but I’ve been reading about people having success doing full cycles at 3000.

Lastly, for now. In such a small grow space is it worth shelling out the extra coin for the 301b chips?

I’ll leave a link to the ebay seller below so you have access to all the info. Forgive me if this is bad form, I’m new to forums & don’t have the etiquette down yet :D.

Much love for you input.
Blessy x

eBay link: https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/rickm.ge...AT6jgZEo9HLIbjbg&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Either setup will be fine. I would get whatever I could afford,
If I was buying lights I would get the 301b I look at these as long term investments.
I would buy the bigger driver and dim them.

JMHO

Last edited:
Greetings.

So Ive just read through he last 65 pages & watched the 2hr+ “GrowTube” video on spectrums that was shared earlier in the thread. I’m pretty sure I have more questions & am more confused than when I started :D
I’m based the U.K. I want to buy a single PRE BUILT unit that will take me from seed to harvest in a 4 x 2 grow space.
I have found a "supplier" based in the U.K on eBay.
Of the units he offers, I’ve been considering the following:

1. 250w QB (2 x 288QB + 250w meanwell driver) with either the Samsung 561c s6 chips or the 301b chips.
  2. 350w QB (3 x 288QB + 350 meanwell driver) with either the Samsung 561c s6 chips or the 301b chips.
  3. 350w QB 800 + 350w meanwell driver with either the Samsung 561c s6 chips or the 301b chips.

All units are available in 3000/3500/4000 kelvin & come with dimmers.

My questions (or at least a couple to start with).
In a 4x2 space growing 3 - 4 autos would a 350w set up be too much power? I hadn’t even thought about it until reading this thread & hearing about peeps scorching seedlings!
Am I better running a 350w set up & dimming it or saving some money & running the 250w at full twat?

Also, bit confused as to what Kelvin to run at. Until reading this thread I’d just assumed that 3500 would be a good middle ground to get me through a full cycle but I’ve been reading about people having success doing full cycles at 3000.

Lastly, for now. In such a small grow space is it worth shelling out the extra coin for the 301b chips?

I’ll leave a link to the ebay seller below so you have access to all the info. Forgive me if this is bad form, I’m new to forums & don’t have the etiquette down yet :D.

Much love for you input.
Blessy x

eBay link: https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/rickm.georg/m.html?item=302778070064&hash=item467efab430:m:mdXggNyAT6jgZEo9HLIbjbg&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562
I would go with the 350 and dim it down a bit that way if you want upgrade your tent in the future you are set these are powerfull lights I start at 60 inches from plant and adjust accordingly.

I would go with the 350 and dim it down a bit that way if you want upgrade your tent in the future you are set these are powerfull lights I start at 60 inches from plant and adjust accordingly.
Brother, you are ready for Dinafem seeds?

U took words outta my mouth lol

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

I have never received any.
What are saying? You are still on 1. Leg Dinafem Quick Strains to go aren't you?

Thank you @F.N. & @wwonka
Sounds like higher power is the way to go. What about an 800 board vs 3 x 288? obviously 3 x 288 has more diodes but is there any benefit to just having a single board if they cost the same?
Also, Kelvin... IF you could only run at one set K, which would you choose & why??
Bless up x

What are saying? You are still on 1. Leg Dinafem Quick Strains to go aren't you?
They said they were sending me some fast photo strain or strains they never came my man.

Thank you @F.N. & @wwonka
Sounds like higher power is the way to go. What about an 800 board vs 3 x 288? obviously 3 x 288 has more diodes but is there any benefit to just having a single board if they cost the same?
Also, Kelvin... IF you could only run at one set K, which would you choose & why??
Bless up x
I would say that depends on grow style like if scrog or only do sog than a big light would be ok but 3 single lights give u more flexability with being able to run 1 out of the 3 for seedling, then turn on the 2nd one for veg 3rd for strech and flower. Individuals also are nice when u do different strains had a few myself like that one, stopped at 4ft and a diff one at 2ft so on the 2ft plant the cola was 24in below the 18in hangin hieght so over 3ft away so i got fluffy bubs on the 2ft one and the 4ft nice and dense.

Back