Lighting Quantum board thread.

I would say that depends on grow style like if scrog or only do sog than a big light would be ok but 3 single lights give u more flexability with being able to run 1 out of the 3 for seedling, then turn on the 2nd one for veg 3rd for strech and flower. Individuals also are nice when u do different strains had a few myself like that one, stopped at 4ft and a diff one at 2ft so on the 2ft plant the cola was 24in below the 18in hangin hieght so over 3ft away so i got fluffy bubs on the 2ft one and the 4ft nice and dense.
if anyone with a big fixture growing multiple strains has this problem, just raise the lower plant with a milk crate or whatever. It beats fluffy buds !

Thats true but i myself packem in its hard for spots not to be shadowed or not optimal positioning but that would work for sum for sure in a diff sec there is a guy with a turn table that looks awsome

Don't you just love quantum boards, so easy to move about and reconfigure... doctoring my 240w (1400ma) Cob array "the X-wing" with 2 x QB's @ 2100ma... need's a new name now...

20190413_132802.jpg

20190413_132654.jpg

20190413_132701.jpg

20190413_132820.jpg

I would say that depends on grow style like if scrog or only do sog than a big light would be ok but 3 single lights give u more flexability with being able to run 1 out of the 3 for seedling, then turn on the 2nd one for veg 3rd for strech and flower. Individuals also are nice when u do different strains had a few myself like that one, stopped at 4ft and a diff one at 2ft so on the 2ft plant the cola was 24in below the 18in hangin hieght so over 3ft away so i got fluffy bubs on the 2ft one and the 4ft nice and dense.

up turned bucket makes a great riser for pots

That’s pretty bad ass! Does the boards sag with only one side supported ?

I was a little worried at first about sag but you sometimes just have to jump on in to find out... there is a very very tiny amount, but its hardly noticeable, I shall get a pic up when I hang it

Thats kinda wat i was gonna do with my 2 qb96v2 and 2vero 29se 3k 70v for my 2x4 but 500 plus wats is a lil much lol i def like urs though lmk or tag me when u get it up and or somthing under it

Interesting!

:d5::pass:

I would have done a full rebuild if I had the time and the extra cash. It's not the best lay out, I would rather the boards where a little closer on there sides with a cob in the center and the the other cobs to the top and bottom of the boards making more of an "H" shape ... I am a little reluctant to take apart the cob fixture seen as it was my first build... look where this hobby has taken me, getting all sentimental about a light now :pass:

I would have done a full rebuild if I had the time and the extra cash. It's not the best lay out, I would rather the boards where a little closer on there sides with a cob in the center and the the other cobs to the top and bottom of the boards making more of an "H" shape ... I am a little reluctant to take apart the cob fixture seen as it was my first build... look where this hobby has taken me, getting all sentimental about a light now :pass:

I know what you mean. Had my first built not been a total mess, I probably would be in the same boat.

Back