Lighting Quantum board thread.

Hey guys (@Damien50 @Vapo69 @Burn victim @Frenjamin Banklin @Slater)
Thanks so much for jumping in on this and helping me out :bow:
What a selection of choices!

Since my post I emailed Stephen at HLG (US... going direct this time!) to find out when the 96's will be back in stock... we'll see what he comes back with but I'm not holding out hope that it'll be soon.

So from all my lovely answers and as my back-up plan I took a look over at diyleduk.com but they're on holiday for another 10 days; so the site is down. I'll be sure to contact them for a quote on a bespoke order on the 3rd. Are they on AFN too?

I think I like the sound of either 9 COBs or 6 QB's. I notice HLG now do kits for reds and far reds so I'll include this in my build.
View attachment 1033821

I was thinking along the lines of Slater's suggestion like this:
6 x QB288 V2 = 1728 diodes ($414)
View attachment 1033820
or.. Damien's suggestion like this:
3 packs of QB132 V2 (12 boards) = 1584 diodes ($405)
View attachment 1033822
Prices are just for the boards on the HLG website. The far reds are an additional $69 and of course there's the drivers, postage etc.

COB's would be the same design as above, just picture circles and one less row horizontally. I'll get some quotes for this too.

As soon as I have my definitive design/answer I'll let you all know.

Again, thanks for the advice guys
:smokeout::thumbsup:
You could also look @ the chilled tech pucks or linear led strips ive use cobs (70v vero29se build, 8 36v citizens 1212s, and cxb 3590 citi 1212 build and now 2 qb96 and 1 8 eb bridelux strip 4 samsung h serise strips) and they work well but i much prefer these qb96s or the strips so far ive had increased growth rates in all repeat strains in the one area with the strip light i built only thing changed was leds same size diy fixture and driver. Now dont no if you would do a diy but that is ur cheapest best option also depends wat u want also meaning u want run efficency say 24 cree cxb3590 on hlg 185-700ma for 600w and chage or u could run 70v vero 29se @ 100w each and only run 6 off two hlg185-1400ma i like the hlg 1i5 bc for the price u can get 2 for price of 1 320 and gives u more options to use bigger area or smaller here are my currant lights ive stopped useing my cobs completely so in a wk i will have qb96v2 results if u need nething give me a shout
qb96 in diy frame x2 $320
Strip light 8 eb bridgelux 280mm $4.61ea
X4 samsung 280mm h serise strips $40 shipped ebay
1 hlg 185-700ma $48 sager/arrow/jemco
Remington 5 or 6 diff color spool 18g solid core $22 each spool 25ft
Alum angle
1in alum square tubing for heatsinks

hey Chronic and how ya doing my man...

I think you have 2 choices for that cash, COB's or QB's, DIY build... If you want a pre built unit I can sure recommend the SANlight but that won't do you any good on for your remote camera, gives a pinkish yellow light (I adjust my pics in photoshop for my journals)... amazing lights but at your price you will only be able to get one.

if you go cobs I recommend 3500k, I see better results from 3500k array... mixing 4000k and 3000k works well but I see no diffence between my 3500k space and my mixed 3000k/4000k... when it was just 3000K the 3500K always seem a little better
for cob set up I would do 9 cobs at 1400ma @ about 500w or near about...

personally I would head down the QB route, 4 x QB's at 2100ma at 500w... or run 6 x QB's at 1400ma... Now its up to you if you want to go with Invisblesun, they are not HLG or any where near them as a company. That's not a comment against the product and how it works, Invislbesun is just a drop ship company for Chinese re branding. They even use the same pics the Chinese company use on there own site (go hunting on alibaba.com and you will see them and you can even order your self a few hundred and get you name printed on them)... but that does not mean they work, the parts are not knock offs. Genuine Samsung diodes but at what bin is questionable. I have built a unit by InvislbeSun for a friend and he is well happy. Have to say the kits are good and don't come across as cheap parts but the dimmer is a pain in the ass to wire... to be honest the price's are the same now. I would put my money with HLG there costumer service is some of the best... I would go with diyleduk.com for HLG, yes he does sells out fast but I haven't heard of them not meeting orders... I've delt with the guy your talking about and I still wonder why HLG are using him.

I have to put this in...my next purchase will be the Chilltech growmua5 pucs with that added extra red... I think it's must and that why I think my SANlight are beating my HLG's... that added red go hell of long way

Glad to hear 3k/4K worked as well for you as the 3500, I had no real guess.

I’d love to switch one of my cob rails to the chill pucks with the red. Just need to wait till ...... not sure but just spent a few bucks setting up second room so maybe a few months

Slater just blew out my fifth potentiometer from Rapid, do you have any suggestions ??? They seem to crap out above 75% and then cut voltage to 40%.

:cuss:

FB

Glad to hear 3k/4K worked as well for you as the 3500, I had no real guess.

I’d love to switch one of my cob rails to the chill pucks with the red. Just need to wait till ...... not sure but just spent a few bucks setting up second room so maybe a few months

Slater just blew out my fifth potentiometer from Rapid, do you have any suggestions ??? They seem to crap out above 75% and then cut voltage to 40%.

:cuss:

FB
Ive had problems with them aswell if u find a better one lmk and if i find one i will do same there was a nice looking one on ebay but 20 bucks i dont think i want to chance it

Hey slater dude are Invisible sun really just rebranded chinese product?
They claim to make their own boards.
Even claim their boards give a more even distrubution of voltage than hlg eto each diode by use of transistors designed by their engineers.

Dont quote me word for word as im no expert on this but thats the jist of it.

Also i have no ties to any company.. i actually bought the chinese made boards

Yer, you can find the exact same kits on alibaba.com, even the photographs are the same with the same lay out, same dimmer, frames, parts etc etc... all they have done is get there name printed onto the pcb boards... we could do it if we wanted and get 100 AFN boards made up... there is another company in Germany (I think) doing the same but they offer the full menu with PCB's boards (QB's) and the full range of COB's, cree, citzen etc etc.... at least they are being honest and state they drop ship.

I'm not not nocking the product, works dam fine so far by the look of the grows but are they made with the best parts like the HLG QB's are... m

Yer, you can find the exact same kits on alibaba.com, even the photographs are the same with the same lay out, same dimmer, frames, parts etc etc... all they have done is get there name printed onto the pcb boards... we could do it if we wanted and get 100 AFN boards made up... there is another company in Germany (I think) doing the same but they offer the full menu with PCB's boards (QB's) and the full range of COB's, cree, citzen etc etc.... at least they are being honest and state they drop ship.

I'm not not nocking the product, works dam fine so far by the look of the grows but are they made with the best parts like the HLG QB's are... m

Yea bud i seen that option on alibaba and actually thought about ordering 10 to sell on.
Hmmm i must read their posts again... maybe ask some questions

Looks good mate but way out of my price range :)
How much r u willing to spend man there r ways to save for sure lmk no if you want help man its no trouble @ all my 200w strip light cost me 48 for driver and 78 for strips and 50 for wire and misc but thats using eb strips there are strips that are cheaper than that

@Slater @Fitzy @Damien50 @Vapo69 @Ivean @Burn victim @Frenjamin Banklin
thanks again for all the wonderful suggestions and advice. I got a rig I couldn't say no to and I'm excited to a: see how it does and b: see what you all think.

Here's the post to what I bought.
You should be set buddy i almost bought those over the qb96s but i was already starting a linear strip build so i couldnt justify buying these or 96s to just sit i only have a 22in depth x5ft long closet and the roof slants down cutring the space hieght in half diagnaly and a metal woredrobe cabinet thats 40in w x 20in d x 6ft t thats rhe space i run x2 96s @320w plus uv and far red

How much r u willing to spend man there r ways to save for sure lmk no if you want help man its no trouble @ all my 200w strip light cost me 48 for driver and 78 for strips and 50 for wire and misc but thats using eb strips there are strips that are cheaper than that
I don't need any thanks mate :)
Currently running 1050 watt of cobs :)

Back