Lighting Quantum board thread.

Thanks for the responses! It's sounding like in general that a 3500k without the 660nm is best route to go for seed to harvest, or should I just stick to what the norm is and do 3000k?
There are sooooomany options and you’ll likely make a decision followed by „but what if..?“. I think 3500 will do youjust fine.

I‘m just gonna throw this out there tho. What about using the Fotop800 boards? You’d get a bit more spread out of those.
I was originally looking at the setup you’re looking at and opted for the Fotop800 instead.

Another thing I want to point outs shipping. That huge heatsink isn’t gonna ship cheap, I would imagine.

I'll pm the guys at HLG. As far as I know, they have NO relationship with Alibaba sellers. And though Kingbrite has a fairly good rep, I think they are scamming HLG.

Am about to put an order for this HLG 550v2 imitation: https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...l?spm=a2700.7724838.2017115.14.7e116f79rLHJJZ

...for my first time grow in a 4x4 tent. Am attracted to the blue/red of the 3500k coupled w/ 660nm LEDs to sustain through entire grow from seed (Or is the 660nm part a gimmick?) and I like the larger heatsink used in this particular model with the LED panels further apart than in others. I probably won't start with autoflower seeds for awhile.

...am I on target with this bad boy?

(btw, they're asking for $415 shipped)

I hate to say it but 80% of the companies on alibaba are like this, not only that but many of these " companies" are just various names used by the same company. I wouldn't buy from any of these thieves!

I noticed those boards very early on. Zig zags with blue and red added. All different channels. This company thought they struck gold but its nothing Solstrip hasn't done before. I asked them for more details but they brushed me off with quantity requirements before I even had the chance to say anything! Fine then...its freakin overpriced anyways and they only offer the board, not a full kit. I sent an inquiry and literally got two words back "No need". I guess in Chinese it probably means we don't need your biz.

About a month later, this same company with their several sales people, sends me multiple messages begging me for attention! Suddenly, they arent so cocky no more! I literally told them to go Fook themselves! Literally! They go by Litlight and Shining LED. I would not buy from these ppl even if they monopolized the entire QB market!

I have half a mind to fly to Shenzhen and make my own light for sale! Especially since i now know how to ship to US, EU, CAN and Aussie all tax and duty free to your doorsteps! Need to make a business plan LOL

"Name of Light" by EQ of AFN

There are sooooomany options and you’ll likely make a decision followed by „but what if..?“. I think 3500 will do youjust fine.

I‘m just gonna throw this out there tho. What about using the Fotop800 boards? You’d get a bit more spread out of those.
I was originally looking at the setup you’re looking at and opted for the Fotop800 instead.

Another thing I want to point outs shipping. That huge heatsink isn’t gonna ship cheap, I would imagine.

It looks like a bit over 400 to ship, and looks around 520 for 2 fotop800s. I was thinking a 4x4 tent and the 480w there would be perfect. If going with 600w from 2x800s, I might do a 5x5 tent. Electricity is a key piece for me, as my summer monthly bills can already hit $300 just from everyday usage :/

I'm not spamming. If you want to be ripped off, that's your perogative. And If Kingbrite if making false claims, I will make it known. I emailed HLG directly to get to the bottom of that particular issue. Quantum Boards are the product of Horticulttural Lighting Group and not licensed to any Chinese seller. HLG is a small company started by some guys on another forum. They spent hundreds of hours and much money developing and testing their products. These Alibaba sellers are cheating a small company and doing so with inferior products.

So calling this thread a Quantum Board thread, them using it to promote Chinese kockoffs, WHO is spamming? And just because you don't like what I posted, doesn't mean my posts have no merit. People deserve to know what they are buying.

@pop22 I understand your issue, but having you spam the thread every other day with your, not really on topic, issues is not helping anybody.

@pop22 I understand your issue, but having you spam the thread every other day with your, not really on topic, issues is not helping anybody.

I'm not spamming. If you want to be ripped off, that's your perogative. And If Kingbrite if making false claims, I will make it known. I emailed HLG directly to get to the bottom of that particular issue. Quantum Boards are the product of Horticulttural Lighting Group and not licensed to any Chinese seller. HLG is a small company started by some guys on another forum. They spent hundreds of hours and much money developing and testing their products. These Alibaba sellers are cheating a small company and doing so with inferior products.

So calling this thread a Quantum Board thread, them using it to promote Chinese kockoffs, WHO is spamming? And just because you don't like what I posted, doesn't mean my posts have no merit. People deserve to know what they are buying.

I don't think there's any spamming going on, you've both got equally valid opinions. I for one am watching @woody grow and I hope you are too @pop22 it's definitely swinging me towards purchasing from same alibaba seller

:pass::smokeout::cheers:

I don't think there's any spamming going on, you've both got equally valid opinions. I for one am watching @woody grow and I hope you are too @pop22 it's definitely swinging me towards purchasing from same alibaba seller
:pass::smokeout::cheers:

When an opinion is being shoved down ones throat, off topic, by the same individual over and over, to a point where people say „ok, dude, we get it“ then it’s spam in my book. You don’t have to agree. Neither does @pop22 who I have no issues with whatsoever.

I'll kind of step this back and just ask fresh: if you guys had to start anew, and could do either a 4x4 or a 5x5, and legal limit up to six plants, and trying to keep wattage efficient... what would be the preferred light? The two fotop 800s at 600w and 3000k? 3500k? 2x288s? I was so close to hitting order and now back to analysis paralysis

So, I suppose all manufacturers of cars with 4 wheels are infringing on the first cars inventor. Man, give it a rest. They’re pretty much all using Samsung led‘s and arrange them whichever way they seem fit.
The only thing I agree with you is the names like hlg 550. that should not be used by „aftermarketeers“.

Back