Lighting Quantum board thread.

Hi
Appreciate that,
I already have one and it shows 604w from the wall.
I reposted the link after pop22 posted to the correct one. Seller is genuine, I think a mess up on the listing of the one I linked. Doesn’t help the them or people’s trust.

This is minewith correct info https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...pm=a2700.icbuShop.rect38f22d.4.ce8c65e81hD7Rl

Thanks for light height recommendation.
I am running them at 200w and 20” above.
So I should put full power?

I see the HLG 600 when I zoom into the pictures, and the title off the add you linked says 600w. But the spec sheet lists 240w and the description states that it can be run at 120/240. Maybe just an issue with the sellers listing format or whatever. For your sake I’d want to know what it’s pulling from the wall at the very least. I’ve bought a killawatt meter so I can then create hash marks on my dimmers to know wall wattage. Very helpful and they only run $25 or so bucks. Crazy some of the things that pull wattages I would not have expected.

If the boards are max 160w each for a total of 960w for the 6 then 600 watts should have the LEDs running at give or take 65%. I would think 18-24 inches (sorry for the US measurement) at full power should be good for seedlings.

My thoughts on light configuration would be to get a wattage meter so you know exactly where you stand. And only change one variable at a time, either light intensity or distance. Once you know what kind of wattages per square foot you are putting out its much easier to compare lights heights with other grows and to establish a reference for future grows.

FWIW based on the link you provided it looked like you got ripped off by a descriptive seller. No one wants that to happen to anyone. Even us yanks

FB:bighug:

Last edited:
Hi
Appreciate that,
I already have one and it shows 604w from the wall.
I reposted the link after pop22 posted to the correct one. Seller is genuine, I think a mess up on the listing of the one I linked. Doesn’t help the them or people’s trust.

This is minewith correct info https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...pm=a2700.icbuShop.rect38f22d.4.ce8c65e81hD7Rl

Thanks for light height recommendation.
I am running them at 200w and 20” above.
So I should put full power?

I am only basing the height upon a general wastage per square foot that I am using for LEDs. With a larger footprint light like you have the nice thing is you can save money and run it s little lower wattage. If they stretch then lowers the light. If they are happy with the 200w at 20” then leave it be. As you get towards flowers you can try to increase wattage at 10w a day. If the leaves taco and you have good coverage to the edges lowers the wattage back down. If the leaves taco with the extra 10w but you want better coverage past the edge of light then keep the increased wattage but raise the light 2”. 10w or 2” a day should allow a judgement on your end without hurting them.
Going from 200 to 300 all at once might fry them.
I have had very good results in flower at 25w per square foot at 12” from highest part of plant.

The only tricky part you’ll have to get used to is running perpetual. With a single height light you’ll have to create your own chart to decide what to do if your going to try and start seedlings/veg under the same light that’s at full power for flower. But that’s with any single source light when growing perpetual. Many options to reduce direct light.
FB

Am about to put an order for this HLG 550v2 imitation: https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...l?spm=a2700.7724838.2017115.14.7e116f79rLHJJZ

...for my first time grow in a 4x4 tent. Am attracted to the blue/red of the 3500k coupled w/ 660nm LEDs to sustain through entire grow from seed (Or is the 660nm part a gimmick?) and I like the larger heatsink used in this particular model with the LED panels further apart than in others. I probably won't start with autoflower seeds for awhile.

...am I on target with this bad boy?

(btw, they're asking for $415 shipped)

Last edited:
Am about to put an order for this HLG 550v2 imitation: https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...l?spm=a2700.7724838.2017115.14.7e116f79rLHJJZ

...for my first time grow in a 4x4 tent. Am attracted to the blue/red of the 3500k coupled w/ 660nm LEDs to sustain through entire grow from seed (Or is the 660nm part a gimmick?) and I like the larger heatsink used in this particular model with the LED panels further apart than in others. I probably won't start with autoflower seeds for awhile.

...am I on target with this bad boy?

(btw, they're asking for $415 shipped)
That should work just fine. The one thing I don’t like are the epistar reds.

That should work just fine. The one thing I don’t like are the epistar reds.

The epistar is just fine. They are all in one channel. Meaning they turn on all at once. You can't choose.

Think about it. If you add epistar 660 and 730 into the boards, you wouldn't even need to supplement reds anymore. But the drawback is that they will have to be turned on together. You cant turn off the reds during veg for instance.

My problem would be if its worth it to swap out those nice V1 or V2 diodes for epistars?

If you want an all in one board, and don't plan to play with spectrum/ratios, Only dimming up and down thru the lifetime of the plant, getting these boards with added red saves time/money and makes the entire setup much cleaner.

If you want to be able to control your light spectrum a little better and dont mind paying more, get them separate.

If you are a white light freak and can't accept the fact that the red mixed boards cost as much if not more than full white light boards, get them separate.

Did some calculations today that might interest you! When you run QBs at about Number of diodes/4 which is around what we plan to do, 800 diodes/4=200W....

For V1 boards, you get efficiency around 177lm/w at 200W. For V2 boards, the figure is around 190lm/w. So its about a 6.8% difference in efficiency when we run them at around that wattage. Please note that this is a pretty rough calculation.

Also V2 800 boards are 28cm wide! Wider than the heatsink by quite a bit. V1 board width is only 19cm. Fits the heatsink perfectly! I don't think it affects anything other than extra board material which explain its much higher price. V1 are 56×30 diodes and are more rectangular. V2 are 30×30 chips and would be squarer. Hope this helps anyone who plans on purchasing some!

The epistar is just fine. They are all in one channel. Meaning they turn on all at once. You can't choose.

Think about it. If you add epistar 660 and 730 into the boards, you wouldn't even need to supplement reds anymore. But the drawback is that they will have to be turned on together. You cant turn off the reds during veg for instance.

My problem would be if its worth it to swap out those nice V1 or V2 diodes for epistars?

If you want an all in one board, and don't plan to play with spectrum/ratios, Only dimming up and down thru the lifetime of the plant, getting these boards with added red saves time/money and makes the entire setup much cleaner.

If you want to be able to control your light spectrum a little better and dont mind paying more, get them separate.

If you are a white light freak and can't accept the fact that the red mixed boards cost as much if not more than full white light boards, get them separate.

Did some calculations today that might interest you! When you run QBs at about Number of diodes/4 which is around what we plan to do, 800 diodes/4=200W....

For V1 boards, you get efficiency around 177lm/w at 200W. For V2 boards, the figure is around 190lm/w. So its about a 6.8% difference in efficiency when we run them at around that wattage. Please note that this is a pretty rough calculation.

Also V2 800 boards are 28cm wide! Wider than the heatsink by quite a bit. V1 board width is only 19cm. Fits the heatsink perfectly! I don't think it affects anything other than extra board material which explain its much higher price. V1 are 56×30 diodes and are more rectangular. V2 are 30×30 chips and would be squarer. Hope this helps anyone who plans on purchasing some!

I don’t have an issue with epistar, I just don’t like mixing brands on a board. That’s just me tho.
Generally I would prefer my reds separately controllable. There’s one company on alibaba who sells boards with different colors and individual hookups.

I don’t have an issue with epistar, I just don’t like mixing brands on a board. That’s just me tho.
Generally I would prefer my reds separately controllable. There’s one company on alibaba who sells boards with different colors and individual hookups.

I noticed those boards very early on. Zig zags with blue and red added. All different channels. This company thought they struck gold but its nothing Solstrip hasn't done before. I asked them for more details but they brushed me off with quantity requirements before I even had the chance to say anything! Fine then...its freakin overpriced anyways and they only offer the board, not a full kit. I sent an inquiry and literally got two words back "No need". I guess in Chinese it probably means we don't need your biz.

About a month later, this same company with their several sales people, sends me multiple messages begging me for attention! Suddenly, they arent so cocky no more! I literally told them to go Fook themselves! Literally! They go by Litlight and Shining LED. I would not buy from these ppl even if they monopolized the entire QB market!

I have half a mind to fly to Shenzhen and make my own light for sale! Especially since i now know how to ship to US, EU, CAN and Aussie all tax and duty free to your doorsteps! Need to make a business plan LOL

"Name of Light" by EQ of AFN

Thanks for the responses! It's sounding like in general that a 3500k without the 660nm is best route to go for seed to harvest, or should I just stick to what the norm is and do 3000k?

30 days from seed under chinese bava boards samsung lm651c diodes 3500k
Been on running at 50% 240watts since seedlings

IMG_20190314_071103_402.jpg

Photo_1552517414422.jpg

IMG_20190314_071103_414.jpg

Still have to see how they perform and yeild in flower but 3500k can veg autos just fine

Back