Lighting Quantum board thread.

dropping the recent grow round table if you haven't seen already, great episode on spectrum and some general lighting talk but as usual Growmau5 is dropping some great nuggets of knowledge

dropping the recent grow round table if you haven't seen already, great episode on spectrum and some general lighting talk but as usual Growmau5 is dropping some great nuggets of knowledge

Thanks for posting the video Slater.

So I have a QB 288 V2 board in a pretty small space. I have it turned all the way down via the HLG-120H-54A. How close to the canopy can I get during flowering?

I've seen people with plants within 6 inches of the light when run soft. get a power meterc or even a miulitmeter. With a multimeter measure the amperage of the DC side and set it to 1.2 amps that will give you about 60 watts. Depending just how small your space is, that should give adequate light

So I have a QB 288 V2 board in a pretty small space. I have it turned all the way down via the HLG-120H-54A. How close to the canopy can I get during flowering?

I don't have a multimeter, but I do have a killowatt. I can adjust the driver to where the killowatt reads from 32'ish up to 130+. I assume that's wattage... right?

that's right! what size is the space your lighting?

I don't have a multimeter, but I do have a killowatt. I can adjust the driver to where the killowatt reads from 32'ish up to 130+. I assume that's wattage... right?

it's roughly 12" W x 16" L with a total of 18"s of height above the top of the hydro vessel.

I had one of those old 90w ufo things in there for yrs and just switched to this light. I generally don't let the plant get much taller than 12"s. I think I overstressed this current attempt with other issues and it's gone mutant. Besides three-fingered leaves, its nodes are about 1/4" apart. Really just compact and stacked, no stretch at all. The light is on its lowest setting and is 16"s above the top of the plant.

Last edited:
I've got 2 autos of different strains in a single tank hydro system in a 2 ft x 4 ft tent.
After 6 weeks, one plant is about 3 ft tall, but twice as tall as the other.
Right now I've got 3 Horticulture Lighting Group HL 65 Quantum boards mounted on 3 ft x 1 ft aluminum rails, and both plants are very happy.
I've slanted the rail severely so that one end is about 12 inches lower than the other, but this is not a satisfactory solution.
I'm thinking of adding a small footprint light (QB, COB, or something else) of about 50 watts or so, that will fit into a 6 inch x 24 inch space.

Any recommendations?

You can run a QB 288 with no heatsink at 60watts with no problem, I have one in a cabinet that way. gives you lots of headroom. Just use small eye bolts in the corners to hang it from! Use a HLG80H-54 as a driver and run it dimmed a bit.

I've got 2 autos of different strains in a single tank hydro system in a 2 ft x 4 ft tent.
After 6 weeks, one plant is about 3 ft tall, but twice as tall as the other.
Right now I've got 3 Horticulture Lighting Group HL 65 Quantum boards mounted on 3 ft x 1 ft aluminum rails, and both plants are very happy.
I've slanted the rail severely so that one end is about 12 inches lower than the other, but this is not a satisfactory solution.
I'm thinking of adding a small footprint light (QB, COB, or something else) of about 50 watts or so, that will fit into a 6 inch x 24 inch space.

Any recommendations?

You can run a QB 288 with no heatsink at 60watts with no problem, I have one in a cabinet that way. gives you lots of headroom. Just use small eye bolts in the corners to hang it from! Use a HLG80H-54 as a driver and run it dimmed a bit.

Thanks for the reply.
I got impatient and bought a 3500 K AutoCOB from cobshop.net about an hour ago for $130.
Those lights seem to have a large following of satisfied customers here.

Back