Lighting Quantum board thread.

They are taking to the Quantum boards really nice. The healthiest plants are under the quantum lights so far
IMG_20181029_082717.jpg
IMG_20181029_082605.jpg

No man I have had them under the Boards for four days and they are responding favorably Iam adding another board tonight. I have one more after that I need the proper screws to put another board on a heatsink does anyone know the name and size of the screw I need? They are very small and different then what I am use to seeing. Do I need to go to a hardware store or a electrical shop? I hope someone can help.me with this thanks.

I have been blown away by the response my plants have had since in switched from blurples to an HLG light.

The penetration is amazing. COBs are great, but as a single point source of light they don't get around the shadows as well as a board light. Most of the older board lights were just an array of shit quality LEDs though. These HLG have the benefit of a wide spread of penetration AND super high quality efficient diodes.

The future is now

I have been blown away by the response my plants have had since in switched from blurples to an HLG light.

The penetration is amazing. COBs are great, but as a single point source of light they don't get around the shadows as well as a board light. Most of the older board lights were just an array of shit quality LEDs though. These HLG have the benefit of a wide spread of penetration AND super high quality efficient diodes.

The future is now

This is great to hear, can't wait for my HLG 260w QB kit to arrive. COB's are great, but they need so much distance from the plants.

I only have a 60 wide x 100 long x 150 high cabinet (centimeters) which is 23,5" x 39,3" x 59" in inches.

Will probably have to keep it at 200 watts or thereabout on the adjuster so I don't light burn the poor ladies.

Just to be safe I also got six 5w LED grow tubes which fits perfectly on each side of the the HLG-260 with three of them on each side, alternatively two on each side and one in front and back of the QB (or the other way around) since the QB only take 60cm (23,3") of the length of my cabinet, and 20cm of the width (7,8").

It was probably way over the top, but they were so cheap I couldn't help myself, got them shipped free from aliexpress for about $35. If it is overkill I will just do a makeshift veg\clone box out of them.

Here is some info on them:

Superbright 2835SMD LED, high intensity and reliability.
Tube Size: W20*H35*L290
Emitting Color: 18 Red +6 Blue each tube(24led)
Wattage: 5W each tube
Wavelength: Red 660nm; Blue: 460nm

No man I have had them under the Boards for four days and they are responding favorably Iam adding another board tonight. I have one more after that I need the proper screws to put another board on a heatsink does anyone know the name and size of the screw I need? They are very small and different then what I am use to seeing. Do I need to go to a hardware store or a electrical shop? I hope someone can help.me with this thanks.
Can someone help me with this one.

Can someone help me with this one.

I personally have no idea, but will have to do it soon with my HLG which comes as a kit.

My best bet would be checking some of those DIY QB tutorials or people who sell kits, the guy at todogrowled.com is super helpful and answers quickly.I will send him an email and ask.

Back