Lighting Quantum board thread.

Hey people what's the better all around grower qb? The 288 v1 or v2?
Since v2 is only 3k and 4k but ideally want 3500k I need enlightened

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Hey people what's the better all around grower qb? The 288 v1 or v2?
Since v2 is only 3k and 4k but ideally want 3500k I need enlightened

the difference between the V2 and V3 are the diodes, V2 is made with LM561 and the V3 is made with LM301 both are made by Samsung... the LM301 is the next step up in the tech and just pips the LM561 in tests but not by huge amounts, the LM301 (v2) is just the next progressive step for Samsung and HLG... Both will kill it I'm using QB v2 with great success (3000k).

3500k interesting... one of my arrays is a cob fixture (citizen 1212) running at 3500k and I feel that space has that little bit more at times. There is something about it, could be that I've been growing with it for 2 years and I'm just nailing the space, but I can't help but think it just pips my QB's that are at 3000k.

That's the battle I'm having...choosing between the qb or the clu048 cobs but I think it's gunna be the qb I get more watts for my money and that's great at 3k what's your node spacing like?

That's the battle I'm having...choosing between the qb or the clu048 cobs but I think it's gunna be the qb I get more watts for my money and that's great at 3k what's your node spacing like?

the QB's are better than the CLU range by citizen but citizen can be easier on the pockets... something to consider is maybe a mix of both. One of my lights is 3 x QB and 8 x citizen1212's both at 1050ma with an over all draw of 450w from the wall... I've just completed my first grow with it, bit to early to start to make judgment seen as I had a little trouble with the girls early on in stretch, they got away from me due to adding more microbes into my system... just about to turn that space around today and tomorrow so hoping the next grow go's a little smother and I can start to see how the lights works.

I'm starting to think a mix of QB's and cobs is the best recipe... with maybe a few 660 reds thrown in for good measure.

your node spacing like?

I find node spacing is more about the hang hight of the light and its power, that not say the spectrum has an effect though. When I start my seedling under my citizen's they do stay a little squatter but under my T5 they stretch that little more to the point they flop over.

the QB's are better than the CLU range by citizen but citizen can be easier on the pockets... something to consider is maybe a mix of both. One of my lights is 3 x QB and 8 x citizen1212's both at 1050ma with an over all draw of 450w from the wall... I've just completed my first grow with it, bit to early to start to make judgment seen as I had a little trouble with the girls early on in stretch, they got away from me due to adding more microbes into my system... just about to turn that space around today and tomorrow so hoping the next grow go's a little smother and I can start to see how the lights works.

I'm starting to think a mix of QB's and cobs is the best recipe... with maybe a few 660 reds thrown in for good measure.
That is the way I am leading towards Cobs at 3500 the boards at 3000 and some far red osram chips.

This is a great thread but I’m still none the wiser on what to get! (Totally new to leds)

I’ve settled on quantum over the cobs and I don’t have the time to build so want a pre made plug and go type solution.

Currently use
- prostar cfl 5500 lumens for seeds to shoots
- x2 PowerPlant hps 600w superveg for Few weeks of veg
- x2 sylvania 600w hps for flower which ends up being 80% of the entire grow

Will 2 boards be enough and comparible to above?
Has anyone done a similar switch and recommend anything?

I want something that can do everything from seed to flower covering all spectrums

Realistically what kind of difference in power consumption should I expect? The hps drink electricity!

Any pointers to specific setups would be amazing. Cheers

What are the hanging heights for non dimmable Quantum board I had so many hot spots on the leaves when I used them past time. Im thinking it might have been my tent. It was a cheap tent and I think it might have needed a good airing out. I think it had some off gassing from the tent I never had a leaf problem like it. IAM trying my Quantum boards again in my new Photo period tent.

What are the hanging heights for non dimmable Quantum board I had so many hot spots on the leaves when I used them past time. Im thinking it might have been my tent. It was a cheap tent and I think it might have needed a good airing out. I think it had some off gassing from the tent I never had a leaf problem like it. IAM trying my Quantum boards again in my new Photo period tent.

for my 2 that are driven @2100ma I'm finding 10" at the very closest and my other 3 that are at @1050ma easy 8" ... at 5" I've seen bleaching... this is with photo's

seen as its auto's @F.N. I would aim for 21"+ and slowly lower it until you find that sweet spot, I've not yet used my QB's on auto's but I know with my cobs that the auto's prefer about a 18" hang hight

Cobs at 3500

I'm starting to think the 3500k range is the better K to have... my tent with just the cobs has one side 3000k and the other 3500k and that side with 3500k always performs that little bit better. Buds seem slightly bigger that side, there is just a little bit more oomph from the plants on that side.

What i think I might do for the next buils is QB@s at 3000k with a mix of COB's at 3500K with the odd 4000K

Back