Lighting Quantum board thread.

Just ordered a qb 320xl , it’s got 2 324 boards with a mixed spectrum of 2700k & 3500k I believe. I like how the boards are spread out on the heat sink. I just pulled 7 zips from a bubba trouble under a qb 135 , can’t wait to get this & see what It can do ! Gonna send the 135 to my dad & let him have some fun . I have a 200 wat timber that will pair well with the 320xl & that’s all I’ll need in my 4x5 space. Does anyone have experience with the 320xl or the 324 boards ? If so let me know what ya think. Happy growing ya’ll

Just saw on another forum a guy knock down just shy of 3 pounds ( 42 ounces! ) under a 4 board, QB 324 light! He was running them hard in an open room, I believe 150 watts per board. In a tent you can run them a lot softer but the power is there!

I'm building a 4 QB 324 light shortly, got the board and drivers, just need to make a frame.

A Timber and a pair of Qbs, you'll be golden!

Just ordered a qb 320xl , it’s got 2 324 boards with a mixed spectrum of 2700k & 3500k I believe. I like how the boards are spread out on the heat sink. I just pulled 7 zips from a bubba trouble under a qb 135 , can’t wait to get this & see what It can do ! Gonna send the 135 to my dad & let him have some fun . I have a 200 wat timber that will pair well with the 320xl & that’s all I’ll need in my 4x5 space. Does anyone have experience with the 320xl or the 324 boards ? If so let me know what ya think. Happy growing ya’ll

Just saw on another forum a guy knock down just shy of 3 pounds ( 42 ounces! ) under a 4 board, QB 324 light! He was running them hard in an open room, I believe 150 watts per board. In a tent you can run them a lot softer but the power is there!

I'm building a 4 QB 324 light shortly, got the board and drivers, just need to make a frame.

A Timber and a pair of Qbs, you'll be golden!
Thanks man , these lights are the shit & make me want more space! My plan is to veg under the 200 watt timber citi 12/12 @ 3500k & flower under the qb 320lx @ 2875k , in the same space moving the plants as needed. Over lapping light will help a lot with a relative level canopy with LST .

Last edited:
No shit! These lights are great. Just need to get the hang of it. Some strains may be overkill especially during early growth though. Heck, I just burnt a seedling with just 2 hours of 7.30am morning sun. So not gonna blame the lights though.

I'm already planning another 800 board but with V2 diodes and added Deep red 660nm (Don't know whats the best ratio though) and at either 2700K or 3000K. Unless better options comes up, I'll be getting them early next year.

I also wanna get some strips for side lighting during flower for large tall plants. Any suggestions? I prefer a soft side light, preferably straight to plug type cos they will be pretty close to the plants.

QBs seem to be lower with deep red spectrum and thats why I'm planning to supplement more deep red to see what the fuss is all about? I'm expecting better results but not very optimistic that it will be significant enough. Adding the deep red means less Samsung white diodes. Are we really getting a better deal this way? Swapping out highly efficient white diodes for lesser ones? Or does the more balanced spectrum wins hands down? Anyone has any input on this?

My space is about 5×3 but since its open, I can stretch it to around 5×4. This is why I like the long rectangular 800 boards

I plan to hang 3 boards together, pretty much touching each other to form a 90cm × 60cm 3 board setup. They are each 20cm wide. The 4000K V1 board will be in the middle, with the 3000K V1 board on one side and the to be purchased 2700K V2 board on another. In my experience this current grow, I have vegged 7-8 plants under this 4000K. They veg GREAT but you dont need a lot of them, as the plants cannot take that much during veg. The 4000K is also brighter. Vegging 6 x 5gallon pots under 1 x 800 board in 4000K is already plenty and I've not even gone past 280W.

Come flowering, the middle board will switch off and the two side boards (3000K and planned 2700K V2 with deep red) will turn on. So the two flower boards will have 20cm between them. I have observed in my grow that at least 20cm spacing is needed for these 800 boards or be prepared for hot spot burns.

My current 3000K board has one of my plants just 8 inches from the light. Seems that the warmer colors are less bright/ intense. Wonder what a 2700K can do?

Ohh...HLG came out with the QB96 V2! Seems to me like a perfect COB replacement and will likely perform better. Check them out! I'm sure China will start making them soon. I predict an even bigger shift from COBs to QBs very soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm...okay down the road i am thinking a second space....tent one will be X4 autocobs, second one possibly QB's....would this be what i am after? 4 of these in a tent? I am totally new to this tech, so any advice would be welcome!!
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Horticultur...113933?hash=item467b49540d:g:0dUAAOSwUwla35Fk

How big is your tent? I don't grow in tents but I've read that you don't need more than 40W/sq ft and thats the max. I'm currently at around this number too but my space is open. In a tent, the brightness would just be crazy, I presume. I believe you can get plants REALLY close with QBs if you use many diodes but drive them soft. But that would cost lots.

@F.N. can teach you how to get them from China (if you wanna save quite a few bucks) since he is from Canada too. @Slater and @F.N. both can teach you how to set them up, which is simple to do, even for a moron like me!

My less than one round used COBs are gonna be backup and/or side lights from now on. Would even sell them if i could. They do grow great buds. Just look at my first grow. But after using QBs this round, I'm not looking back.

5X5X5

Thanks for the info!! Certainly something to consider!! Interested to hear what @F.N. has to say!

I was/am planning to put in a 315cmh with the cobs eventually...i feel like that would be a great setup. Ive also considered UV additions

@F.N seems to have some hiccups with his QB lights the last I heard. Plus, the dude has a massive space and tons of new lights to play with. I wonder when will the QBs make it to his to do list? BUT when he does, i expect mutated monsters from his already ridiculously huge nugs!

@Slater knows a lot more than me about QBs and the technical part as well. I'm just a cheap buy from China wh@re ....LOL

Back