Lighting Quantum board thread.

The day they make a 60 watt board that can replace a 400 watt HPS, I'll buy 20 of them! And sure you can use it as a supplement to the HPS

Yoo just won the invisiblesunled comp!! Bagged myself a 60w QB.... can i use with 400w hps??? Guessing its not strong enough for 3/4 plants in at 80x80x160cm tent by itself?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

And Quantum Board is made only by Horticultural Lighting Group. These boards are copies and they should not be called Quantum Boards, but it seems no one respects others intellectual property anymore unless the company is big enough to sue them out of existence..........

Yoo just won the invisiblesunled comp!! Bagged myself a 60w QB.... can i use with 400w hps??? Guessing its not strong enough for 3/4 plants in at 80x80x160cm tent by itself?

And Quantum Board is made only by Horticultural Lighting Group. These boards are copies and they should not be called Quantum Boards, but it seems no one respects others intellectual property anymore unless the company is big enough to sue them out of existence..........
Sorry man didnt mean to offend

No offense taken! I was just pointing out that Horticultural Lighting Group's Quantum Boards have become so popular, a lot of copycats riding there coat tails! Some are making good board, some are crap with fake Samsung chips.... And both, IMO, are stealing from HLG by calling their product Quantum Boards.. I'm a very early adopter of HLG's lights and want to see them succeed. I'll gaurantee you NO company will beat their customer service, absolutely no one!

Your post is fine, I'm only setting the record straight. Good growing!

:cheers::pass:

Sorry man didnt mean to offend

@Slater Rapid LED has prewired pots. Problem is you need to buy 5 to get 2 good ones......... and they should be 100K, not 100 lol. A 50k will work also, but will dim to only 50%, though I don't see that as a problem with most lights. Also, you can wire a 50k pot to two drivers and get max dimming.

No offense taken! I was just pointing out that Horticultural Lighting Group's Quantum Boards have become so popular, a lot of copycats riding there coat tails! Some are making good board, some are crap with fake Samsung chips.... And both, IMO, are stealing from HLG by calling their product Quantum Boards.. I'm a very early adopter of HLG's lights and want to see them succeed. I'll gaurantee you NO company will beat their customer service, absolutely no one!

Your post is fine, I'm only setting the record straight. Good growing!

:cheers::pass:

I hate to say it there customer service is shit and many a company walk the floor with them. That Steve guy is totally up his ass and one of the rudest people I have had to deal with ever, he avoids answering your emails when he know they are in the wrong unless you put him on the spot on the GML show.. I had nothing but bad service from them. I'm not knocking the product, its amazing but they have no idea on customer service or how to talk to people even if that customer is one of the lowest paying customers. They cocked my order up royally and took way to much time to replace and never once apologised for the inconvenience. I was very polite in my emails and all a got was attacked and insulted. In the end they tried to blame me for all there mistakes, and take responsibly for chasing the secound (lost in the system) parcel... Needles to say I will not deal with them direct any more and go through their EU supplier, who does have the best customer service.

I have been keeping that rant to my self for some time but I'm glad it's out there now... Will give them the benefit of doubt, they have got rather larger as a company and I think they just can't deal with the expansion quickly enough. I think some customers are just being put to one side... depending on how deep their pockets are.

So not knocking the gear, QB's for the win all the way... what do you think of the chiltech pucs @pop22 think I may have to knock a light with them and see what they have got with that extra red... that's some good customer service from Chiltech they have all the time in the world for you and your questions... Good old Growmua5

@Slater Rapid LED has prewired pots. Problem is you need to buy 5 to get 2 good ones......... and they should be 100K, not 100 lol. A 50k will work also, but will dim to only 50%, though I don't see that as a problem with most lights. Also, you can wire a 50k pot to two drivers and get max dimming.

that real handy to know, I hate soldering especial pots, Really wish rapid was in the EU for easy posting. I may have to get some pin fin heat sinks from them soon for Growmau5 pucs, might just have to order a few pots to keep me going...

it's like you knew what I was going to ask about wiring to 2 driver to one pot. It has been on my mind recently... that's awesome so 50k will do the trick... time to do a rebuild one of my control boxes.

Last edited:

I don't see why you could not use it in conjunction with the 400 watt hps
You guessed right bro.

Slater bro could you put up the info for the dimmers bro please.

Slater bro could you put up the info for the dimmers bro please.

I'm in front of my lap top right now about to draw up a diagram. On the case.

Back