Lighting Quantum board thread.

you got build one you self @F.N. , the issue is the potentiometer it needs to be 100ohms and there just isn't a product on the market ready to go any where... I've looked and dug deep on every electronics web site

Cheap as chips to build with a little soldering. Looks like @legalizeme wants to build one to. I'm going to put together a diagram showing how I wired my control box with links to some of the parts. Give me a day or 2.
You are the man Slater

Guys

Would 8 x QB288 @1050ma in series split between 2 x meanwell HLG-240-1050 be a good start, as they would be running at 400w in total and would give me 65 photons/ 35 heat

I don’t mind spending more if the lights can be ran soft and effecient but then is it to much for plants with my grow space of 1.1x1.2x1.8 grow space.. my height from top of the pot to the ceiling is 1.5m.

On the other hand I think 8 might be overkill and unsure what the spread would be like on a frame build

Edit: just to cover my noobness, I feel I would need more drivers to support that number of QB288.

Last edited:
In a 0.6 x 1.2 x 2.4 grow space I am using 2xQB288v2 boards and you can see that I was able to light bleach the tops of my older plant that was nearer to the light. So I would say that it would probably be a bit overkill personally. If I could go back I would also have mounted them on individual heat sinks and mounted the power supply completely out of the tent.

https://i.imgur.com/An5LERr.jpg

I am a complete newbie though and these are purely my thoughts and opinions.

In a 0.6 x 1.2 x 2.4 grow space I am using 2xQB288v2 boards and you can see that I was able to light bleach the tops of my older plant that was nearer to the light. So I would say that it would probably be a bit overkill personally. If I could go back I would also have mounted them on individual heat sinks and mounted the power supply completely out of the tent.

Thanks, what are you driving them at?

This is how we all learn and build confidence.

I am driving them with an HLG 240H-C2100A and they're wired in a series? It is pretty much the exact same thing as the kits they sell but I just sourced all the parts myself except the boards.

A QB 288 run at 50 watts, doesn't even need a heatsink! Using that 1050 driver, you could do that and not have to worry about over driving them. Might be worth the build!

I've considered building a light that way and doing a vertical scrog.
Guys

Would 8 x QB288 @1050ma in series split between 2 x meanwell HLG-240-1050 be a good start, as they would be running at 400w in total and would give me 65 photons/ 35 heat

I don’t mind spending more if the lights can be ran soft and effecient but then is it to much for plants with my grow space of 1.1x1.2x1.8 grow space.. my height from top of the pot to the ceiling is 1.5m.

On the other hand I think 8 might be overkill and unsure what the spread would be like on a frame build

Edit: just to cover my noobness, I feel I would need more drivers to support that number of QB288.

Guys

200.gif
yer baby, yer

in your space that will be smashing it out he park :thumbsup:

Guys

your pretty well much building my light but with extra QB not cobs your only going to be short by a few watts from mine. Still it's plenty for that space.

If you ever want to upgrade your space all you have to do is swap the drivers for 2 x 500w and that beast will do near on a 5" x 10" tent

Yoo just won the invisiblesunled comp!! Bagged myself a 60w QB.... can i use with 400w hps??? Guessing its not strong enough for 3/4 plants in at 80x80x160cm tent by itself?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Back