Indoor Project Green Thumb

I have looked all over for an answer to this buddy.

I have RO water, other types water being used for flushing have secondary minerals? When I first started flushing RO with no calmag even my sugar leaves instantly started showing severe magnesium deficiency, UGLY; up to and including some of the sugar leaves. Is this just the way it is?

No clue, I don't use RO... I'm too cheap ! :toke:

No clue, I don't use RO... I'm too cheap ! :toke:

I have a high end RO system that came with the house when I bought it. Brother, I have searched a lot. All I have come up with, qualified, is that calcium and magnesium (may) be beneficial. NOT CAL-MAG OR CAL-MAG +.

I started again this morning with a 5 gallon flush (3 gallon pot), hit it again this evening.

I did run it clean two feedings ago when I got the yellow mag. deficiency attack.

I have looked all over for an answer to this buddy.

I have RO water, other types water being used for flushing have secondary minerals? When I first started flushing RO with no calmag even my sugar leaves instantly started showing severe magnesium deficiency, UGLY; up to and including some of the sugar leaves. Is this just the way it is?

Hey Moondude, I've heard of some growers using store bought water. I think the ppm is somewhere around 50 if you buy the kind that has vitamins in it. It might not be cost effective to use it a whole grow, but maybe a 10 day flush wouldn't set you back too much .... just a thought! :peace:

Hey Moondude, I've heard of some growers using store bought water. I think the ppm is somewhere around 50 if you buy the kind that has vitamins in it. It might not be cost effective to use it a whole grow, but maybe a 10 day flush wouldn't set you back too much .... just a thought! :peace:

What up Brother.....Store bought water won't work for me for a couple of reasons. With @HashMaster advice and digging I was able to determine adding CALMAG+ to RO water with flush was STUPID because of extra Nitrogen. I just need some simple low dose straight minerals.

I am getting the impression that coco is a mineral whore. I am anxious to see my root ball and the medium after harvest.

As growing obsessed as I have become, I have not really stepped into the area of ppm. I tested my soil ph for the second time on 55 day old plants yesterday. I tested 6.8 - 7.1 in all pots; OF/coco. I am running on blind/convenient/lazy faith in threads and journal articles I read in regards to doing so with coco (not worrying about ph in medium, just water/nutes going in)............................:confused1:

I do have large "foxtails" on just about every plant. I hit the net on this one and 50/50 say heat or genetics. Good, bad, can be either according to both schools of thought in regards to foxtails. I did read on one small campaign pointing at too much Nitrogen; which would be from my 2x CALMAG+?? We will see?

Any thoughts on EXCESSIVE foxtails or anything mentioned above is greatly appreciated..............................:jointman:

What up Brother.....Store bought water won't work for me for a couple of reasons. With @HashMaster advice and digging I was able to determine adding CALMAG+ to RO water with flush was STUPID because of extra Nitrogen. I just need some simple low dose straight minerals.

I am getting the impression that coco is a mineral whore. I am anxious to see my root ball and the medium after harvest.

As growing obsessed as I have become, I have not really stepped into the area of ppm. I tested my soil ph for the second time on 55 day old plants yesterday. I tested 6.8 - 7.1 in all pots; OF/coco. I am running on blind/convenient/lazy faith in threads and journal articles I read in regards to doing so with coco (not worrying about ph in medium, just water/nutes going in)............................:confused1:

I do have large "foxtails" on just about every plant. I hit the net on this one and 50/50 say heat or genetics. Good, bad, can be either according to both schools of thought in regards to foxtails. I did read on one small campaign pointing at too much Nitrogen; which would be from my 2x CALMAG+?? We will see?

Any thoughts on EXCESSIVE foxtails or anything mentioned above is greatly appreciated..............................:jointman:

Wow Moondude ... I'm sorry man I wasn't even thinking about a coco medium and from what little I've read I would be concerned. Just thinking about coco being a hydro medium ... I would assume ph would be closer to 6 ish? Just shows what little I know about coco and here I've been planning on going all coco, instead of 50/50 mix.
It would appear I need to do a lot more learning! Moondude if your stupid than I'm a complete moron! Peace brother! :baked:

I'm lucky, I put in a well a few years back and got some sweet water for my regular grows.

But before that I did use the cheapest I could find bottled natural spring water for flushing before harvest.

Supposedly if the bottle says "natural spring water" on the label then by law they aren't allowed to mess with it before bottling..... Supposedly

I'm lucky, I put in a well a few years back and got some sweet water for my regular grows.

But before that I did use the cheapest I could find bottled natural spring water for flushing before harvest.

Supposedly if the bottle says "natural spring water" on the label then by law they aren't allowed to mess with it before bottling..... Supposedly

I do have well water also. Is this better than RO?

Wow Moondude ... I'm sorry man I wasn't even thinking about a coco medium and from what little I've read I would be concerned. Just thinking about coco being a hydro medium ... I would assume ph would be closer to 6 ish? Just shows what little I know about coco and here I've been planning on going all coco, instead of 50/50 mix.
It would appear I need to do a lot more learning! Moondude if your stupid than I'm a complete moron! Peace brother! :baked:

I don't know about all that, I do know we both have a lot to learn. Just think, we haven't even touched on making hash out of the sugar leaves.................:crying:...........:drool:

I do have well water also. Is this better than RO?

Depends on what all your RO system takes out.

If you have good well water you are still getting the natural minerals and such.

I like the natural part myself... so I use mine in normal grows and flushes.

But like I mentioned before, never did much research into RO due to cost. So I guess it's more just a personal decision.

My well water does an excellent flush though.

Depends on what all your RO system takes out.

If you have good well water you are still getting the natural minerals and such.

I like the natural part myself... so I use mine in normal grows and flushes.

But like I mentioned before, never did much research into RO due to cost. So I guess it's more just a personal decision.

My well water does an excellent flush though.

When I bought my house it has the DELUXE VERSION. Our system cleans everything.

Regardless of which is (better), RO system in Big Money to acquire and the filters are expensive. My photoperiod buddy that was advising me in the beginning told me to stay away from well water?

Now I need to go back and review this entire chapter......................:nono:

Back