Live Stoners Pictures by The Rebs

Pretty scary
reminds me of
[video=youtube;FLCzK_WaYV0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLCzK_WaYV0[/video]

rebel my buddy has a henrys golden boy 22mag

my mag is just a marlin 925m the ammo is what makes the difference remington 33gr vmax 3shots 1 hole anything else its 1/2" groups

that owl is awesome :clap:

hell yeah Bro! That Golden Boy is a sweet gun. Never shot one tho... I've heard all Henrys are typically spot on. I need to get some Owl Boxes and Bat Boxes on my property... Then I'd set up a wireless cam in the Owl Box and check em out that way! That would fun!

:smokebuds:

Finally!! After nearly 3 years of trying!! I finally got her on Camera!!!

It will be 3 years in December that I first heard her whooping like a Jungle Bird on our property. I have never seen her before yesterday... I was shocked when I saw how enormous she is... Here's our Pleated Woodpecker Female... If you've never seen a Pleated before it's a sight to see! They are extremely shy birds for being so huge... The only bird bigger than her in this state is the Great Horned Owl, (which I always hear and actually hoot too all night long but haven't actually seen them either lol) I guess the termites or bugs she was extracting were so tasty she paid no attention to me creeping up on her! :D

Pleated Female 2_9-2-12.jpgPleated Female 3_9-2-12.jpgPleated Female 6_9-2-12.jpgPleated Female 8_9-2-12.jpgPleated Female 9_9-2-12.jpgPleated Female 11_9-2-12 .jpgPleated Female 12_9-2-12.jpgPleated Female 15_9-2-12.jpg

I would say she's at least 2 foot tall or 2.5 foot tall... What do you think?

:smokebuds:

we always called them redheaded woodpeckers

and are you sure cause i see these blue herring all the time in the summer and they are pretty big
like this
great-blue-heron.jpg

pileated I think you mean?

yes we have them here too... i find if you sit quiet here in the woods they are around all the time... I found a dead one back in the summer clinging to a tree still... was sad to see it cuz i love seeing and hearing them. thats definetly not a blue heron in WVR's pics.... they are awesome too! :thumbs:

We also have eagles around here... I'll have to see if I can dig up some eagle pics... :toke:

Here's the poor guy:

View attachment 121740
View attachment 121741
View attachment 121742
View attachment 121743

I think he may have hit a car or been injured some other way... made it here.. then died... next day i went to get day pics... he was gone... something had a pileated dinner.. :lol:

Hey Snipe. I see them Blue Herons all the time. I'm just going by the "Birds of WV" book I got. They aren't always correct. Blue Herons are definitely huge. I love seeing them flying by... they look like a pterodactyl.

JM that's what I was trying to type and my spell check kept correcting me. LOL funny how it corrects Pileated to Pleated but spells Pterodactyl correctly... :p that sucks about the poor guy!! probably a coon or possum made off with him... I've seen coons eat dead coons and same with possums. they will eat anything. I call them "Nature's Garbage disposal" LOL

Sharing one Buds...:smokebuds: Hope you all had a chill Labor Day!

121707d1346727650-pictures-rebs-pleated-female-8_9-2-12.jpg

That's my favorite shot of her... :smokebuds:

i seen a blue herring in the road couple weeks back i slowed down and it took flight got up about 10-12ft then just glided above my car damn things wing span was as wide as my car

i need to get a good camera so i can get some pics of these yellow and black, red and black, and blue and black birds that i think are finches

rebel have you ever stumbled across a grouse in the woods?

Killer pics WVR! :thumbs: Keep 'em coming bro

Back