Indoor Perpetually Automatic’s indoor soil grow

FFS! Never doubt the strength of Meph genetics…View attachment 1408840
Planted a Strawberry Nuggets X Skywalker on the 6th of Jan, nothing after 5 days so germed and planted another on the 13. 1 day later a sprout appeared… thought the second seed was super fast and proceeded as normal. Then today (17th) I look in the tent and find this… 5 days after planting, the SECOND seed has sprouted! A bit gutted I’ve wasted a seed, but lesson has been learned… if in doubt - wait a bit longer lol.
I may be a bit late to the party here, but if it were up to me I would either grow them both, or snip one. Trying to separate them is likely to stunt them both, and digging or pulling one up may damage roots and stunt the remaining plant. As to growing both, it might work, but I have never grown a multipot with two plants so intimately tangled. My current multis were all planted separated by cardboard barriers to keep root balls from getting too mixed, at least initially before the cardboard broke down.

Good luck with it. :pighug:

That’s exactly what I’ve been mulling over all last night, my only concern is that from what I have heard Strawberry Nuggets don’t like training at all, so give their heritage I dunno how easy it’s going to be to get them away from each other. I’m going to move the light up a bit and hopefully encourage a bit of stretch then in a few days I’ll give training them away from each other a go. If that is unsuccessful I’ll cull the weakest one and hope I haven’t done irreparable damage to the other lol. Thanks for the reply.
Can you possibly add some red lighting/far red light to encourage them to stretch?

I may be a bit late to the party here, but if it were up to me I would either grow them both, or snip one. Trying to separate them is likely to stunt them both, and digging or pulling one up may damage roots and stunt the remaining plant. As to growing both, it might work, but I have never grown a multipot with two plants so intimately tangled. My current multis were all planted separated by cardboard barriers to keep root balls from getting too mixed, at least initially before the cardboard broke down.

Good luck with it. :pighug:
Yeah that’s the option I’m leaning towards as well, I didn’t fancy my chances of being able to dig 1 out at this stage. I’m going to do my best to try and train them over to opposite sides of the pot so at least plants can have a bit of breathing room and just hope the roots can get along with each other. It’s strange because at this point they seem very much ‘aware’ of each other, they’re sort of growing around one another… looks nice. I’ll take some more pics later to show what I mean. Thanks for the reply, much appreciated.

Can you possibly add some red lighting/far red light to encourage them to stretch?
I didn’t know that red lighting initiated stretch so thank you for teaching me something. Sadly I don’t have any other lighting I can add, my flower tent has more far reds but I’d rather not put her in there yet as the other environmental conditions aren’t ideal for her yet…. Hmmmm you have me thinking.

Here’s my little accidental experiment so far.
2E55B371-90A3-4DF7-B1F7-2B45AF503942.jpeg

Still zero stretch so haven’t even attempted to LST them yet. Both seem reasonably happy so far but I realise it is still very early days.

Sour Crinkle got the chop this afternoon on day 68. Here are some pics from yesterday, taken just before she went in the dark.
B2A707D9-A6B8-4CD0-94BB-A22A18B355A3.jpeg
4DE34D9D-1BD6-431D-9035-00117F506588.jpeg
1D444688-991B-44F6-8961-F28F3C184840.jpeg
DA168FAB-F505-4705-B420-D362A739523A.jpeg
8D7E878A-D8F5-414F-8832-90760F6970B7.jpeg
C0BA6055-1E5E-40F0-A6F5-35AC671898F6.jpeg

5CF61BE1-A9DB-40F6-BAC9-8764664E7722.jpeg
7E2E7D8E-3B19-494F-AB51-16C6F8E75EFD.jpeg

I’d already removed most of the larger leaves when I took these pics, so that’s why she might look a bit sparse compared to earlier in her life. I was going to let her go a bit longer as she wasn’t showing a lot of amber on lower branches, but she started to foxtail quite heavily so I decided to pull the trigger sooner rather than later. As you can see frost was on another level so looking forward to a sample very much, smell is SOUR at the minute, wondering if it’ll stay that way after a cure. Over all pretty happy with how the grow went, she was definitely on the small side but stayed healthy through out and has produced some pretty decent buds by the look of it. Thank you as always @stan_mephisto

It was with a heavy heart that I earlier sadly culled the second, smaller SN x Skywalker seedling today… she was losing colour and not growing anywhere near as fast as her pot mate. I reasoned that it was better to have 1 healthy plant than 2 strugglers so made my decision based on that, I hate to waste a seed but the fact that it was a freebie lessens the blow… slightly lol. Couldn’t bring my self to take any pics of the slaughter but here is the remaining girl looking a bit lonely now.
B10697F3-5A41-41C5-B3F4-61617A551C8A.jpeg
40AF16D2-7932-43B3-8EBF-3109ABD6E7C5.jpeg

And here’s a little Orange-Utan on day 7, she got transplanted today into a 5 gal pot with the usual array of biotabs goodies added to some reused soil.
8B837841-1F90-4D6D-8FAC-E17903E57F62.jpeg

Thats all from the veg tent for now, thanks for looking!

Back