Outdoor OREGON GROWN #4 Greenhouse growing in a ruff rural trailer park .

right on man, always good to have understanding people/family on your side. correct me if I'm mistaken but don't you have your greenie in the front yard? got to be cool with neighbors to do that for sure........damn some Hash sounds good.

right on man, always good to have understanding people/family on your side. correct me if I'm mistaken but don't you have your greenie in the front yard? got to be cool with neighbors to do that for sure........damn some Hash sounds good.
Not everyone likes it but for the most part my neighbors are cool about it .I have been growing outside for awhile an have been in this spot doing obvious indoor an out grows an when the charity organization (⛪ church ) took over it made my grow a preexcisting medical grow protected by other rights .Oregon's medical program thankfully is pretty protective of its disabled growers .Since I'm a single dad whose disabled an taking care of a disabled son by myself it wouldn't look to good messing with me I cause no problems an stick to myself .I do understand how the world views marijauna having been charged with manufacturing in the old days but times are changing an people are realizing it's medicine more an more .I had to really let em know my rights wouldn't be infringed upon an people are tired of seeing sick people punished for choosing life over narcotics an that includes our governor an representatives so luckily the times are changing for us friend .

Hey dude I have the same greenhouse. Even with all the vents open on the sides the inside will get over 100F on a 80F day. Before I realized this I had always kept the front door zippered closed. Now I always have to keep it open during the day or else I risk cooking everything inside of there. To prevent too much heat buildup either keep the front flap open, provide significant afternoon shade over the entire greenhouse, or put in a permanent exhaust fan. Even with my front door wide open it's over 90F in there on a 70F day and a nice breeze.

My tip for making the area look less like a "greenhouse" and more like a "garden" ... put a little retaining wall all around it with something like some cheap yard stakes, different color shade cloth, and some little clamps. Then grow some beans everywhere supported with strings and you will have a massive outer wall with just the top crest of the greenhouse pointing out above. It also helps as a wind break.

Hey dude I have the same greenhouse. Even with all the vents open on the sides the inside will get over 100F on a 80F day. Before I realized this I had always kept the front door zippered closed. Now I always have to keep it open during the day or else I risk cooking everything inside of there. To prevent too much heat buildup either keep the front flap open, provide significant afternoon shade over the entire greenhouse, or put in a permanent exhaust fan. Even with my front door wide open it's over 90F in there on a 70F day and a nice breeze.

My tip for making the area look less like a "greenhouse" and more like a "garden" ... put a little retaining wall all around it with something like some cheap yard stakes, different color shade cloth, and some little clamps. Then grow some beans everywhere supported with strings and you will have a massive outer wall with just the top crest of the greenhouse pointing out above. It also helps as a wind break.
Thanks friend for stopping in I installed a exhaust fan shortly after I bought it an plan on buying several more fans after I buy a ridiculous amount of soil to put in 6 containers all 18 gallon or bigger.I would use beans but there a favorite of broad mites an i keep anything that could be a possible vector out .I plan on training em into shrubs an not the typical Christmas tree shape its actually a must in a 7 foot greenie .

Sounds good man, my 5 gallons are hitting the roof after 2 months but I haven't tied them over yet. 18 gallons haha good luck taming those things :warrior:

Right now I'm trying to go fanless but it probably won't work once Summer hits. Considering just ripping the entire cover off and wrapping just the sides with shade cloth, leaving the top open.

Gotta say with mild 70s weather my plants love this fucking thing and since it's PE mesh and blocks out some of the sun, hopefully I can keep my grow under control.

Sounds good man, my 5 gallons are hitting the roof after 2 months but I haven't tied them over yet. 18 gallons haha good luck taming those things :warrior:

Right now I'm trying to go fanless but it probably won't work once Summer hits. Considering just ripping the entire cover off and wrapping just the sides with shade cloth, leaving the top open.

Gotta say with mild 70s weather my plants love this fucking thing and since it's PE mesh and blocks out some of the sun, hopefully I can keep my grow under control.
Getting a box fan an putting it on the end will help lots but if you live in a warmer area additional fans will be needed it's not a bad greenie it just needs customization to make it work right .In oregon the fans are a must not only for heat but for good circulation to keep the mildew an mold down as well .Here's what a box fan hooked to the frame looks like works really well for exhaust .
20180512_143652.jpg

I'm still not sure if i'll need a fan here in mine... havent had much warm weather yet. We had a greenhouse before that got too hot but I'm hoping my extra ventilation on this one will do it. There's quite a bit of air movement up through the floor from the beach below. Just not sure how it'll work when [if] it gets really hot.

I'm still not sure if i'll need a fan here in mine... havent had much warm weather yet. We had a greenhouse before that got too hot but I'm hoping my extra ventilation on this one will do it. There's quite a bit of air movement up through the floor from the beach below. Just not sure how it'll work when [if] it gets really hot.
It's just started to get sunny here but it's off an on I bet the beach air will coolthem off nicely.It gets hot in my area during the summer so a fan is a must the ventilation in this greenie is not great but with an open door an side. Windows an the box fan she does good so far but additional fans will be needed as my greenie gets really hot as the weather progresses.

Hello friends unfortunately I discovered some damage from broad mites but it appears the russet mites died .I heat treated the greenhouse an no new damage has been seen my plants look pretty good an it's been a few days so I'm optimistic about heat treatments.Gave them a sulfur spray an will heat treat again as soon as the weather gets warmer I will also need to beat treat the trailer as well .

Back