New Grower One Pound + autoflower Club

Now this is going to very interesting to follow , maybe the mods can make up a -- Legend -- badge for the growers that do get these weights . Then us mere mortals can try to attain this lofty height . :worship:

Anyone can do it! Just takes planning and a bit of work!

Here's a little air for thought while we wait for the one pounder (500 g I assume) maestroes to barge in and shove the hoi polloi briskly aside.........watch from 11.20 for some Air Injection a la AIT hands on testing

can i just say and if u cant fidn it il post it,
ive done research and alot fo study into airstones and long story short,

airstones make aperfect breeding zone for bad bacteria,
airstones are not effective DO delivering systems, yes they add, but most the bubbles u see rise and dissipate.

we tested airstones vs fluming (simple sub-pumpat bottom makeing a jelly efect) and watt for watt the fluem created alot more oxygen, pics are on the thread on thct

basicly oxygen is only absorbed by water at the surface, bubble u cant see is what is needed, as the water surface breaks with a pump it pulls down forthe next low thus circulating the oxygen,

airstones tend to push up only so therefore altho show alot of bubbles they all rise and pop nothign is carried down and kept,

also another more effective methos is a waterfall teq cascase into the rez with the return pipe and there will be more ozygen thsan ever

trust me im a jackhere 13week from seed 600watt 24ounce and shit on ship dry,

200litre RDWC self made using only a waterfall return form a 500lph pump,
grown using npk minimum ratio of lucas forumla no addatives no booster,
just buds the size of your head and quality like ive never smoked from the street

search it and fidn it if i cant il psot it but atm i have mad my meds and i am skrewed sorry for my typing

that’s good info for people doing DWC/RDWC. I'm growing in soil however and the air produce has to work its way to the surface, all the while leaving small pockets of air trapped in the soil.

As to airstones harboring bacteria, if you have bad bacteria on your res, your temps are to high and they will breed no matter what you use to oxygenate your water. and it has been tested and you can saturate water with air using airstones. I do agree though, that in some situations, the waterfall would be more effective as long as its not disturbing the roots too much. Small roots break easily.

:pass:

QUOTE="drgreen, post: 835954, member: 15245"]can i just say and if u cant fidn it il post it,
ive done research and alot fo study into airstones and long story short,

airstones make aperfect breeding zone for bad bacteria,
airstones are not effective DO delivering systems, yes they add, but most the bubbles u see rise and dissipate.

we tested airstones vs fluming (simple sub-pumpat bottom makeing a jelly efect) and watt for watt the fluem created alot more oxygen, pics are on the thread on thct

basicly oxygen is only absorbed by water at the surface, bubble u cant see is what is needed, as the water surface breaks with a pump it pulls down forthe next low thus circulating the oxygen,

airstones tend to push up only so therefore altho show alot of bubbles they all rise and pop nothign is carried down and kept,

also another more effective methos is a waterfall teq cascase into the rez with the return pipe and there will be more ozygen thsan ever

trust me im a jackhere 13week from seed 600watt 24ounce and shit on ship dry,

200litre RDWC self made using only a waterfall return form a 500lph pump,
grown using npk minimum ratio of lucas forumla no addatives no booster,
just buds the size of your head and quality like ive never smoked from the street

search it and fidn it if i cant il psot it but atm i have mad my meds and i am skrewed sorry for my typing[/QUOTE]

"dr"green, I will wade on in here to say that one solution does not fit every growers situation.
Where I live heat is always an issue.
Flumming with even a small waterpump can put a borderline temp rez over.
I run a nice pond sized air pump that is mounted in the fridge.
It pumps a nice chilly air through my potentially bacteria laden airstones, which in turn helps me to keep my temps in line in separate rez's without the need for a costly chiller for each rez or trying to cool them all somehow with some other common source.
The idea that airstones put O2 into the water with their bubbles, is based on a fundamentally flawed understanding of what action the bubbles provide in your solution. They do exactly what flumming does, they raise the lower water, to the surface where it absorbs O2 and then follows the current down as new water is forced to the surface with the rise of the bubbles.
Now , it is true that bubbles that are small enough to dissipate, before reaching the surface will force O2 into the solution, but those stones tend to be 10-30 times the cost of decent "pond" airstones.
My one air pump can drive 10-15 separate 20l -40l rez's.
Separate waterpumps can certainly be more costly to purchase and maintain.
In hard water solutions airstones will clog eventually but can generally be scrubbed back to usefulness with relative ease or replaced quite cheaply. Waterpumps will suffer from the same accumulation of minerals and become clogged, but they are much more difficult to clean and more expensive to replace.
Now if I lived in a cooler climate that require me to heat it, waterpumps and flumming might be a part of my hydro regime.
And I might add, I have a great deal of hands on experience with everything from nearly passive waterfall systems to heavily refrigerated and recirculated systems in the tropical fish industry.

Back