New Grower One Pound + autoflower Club

Some nice grows in this thread, awesome job guys. Can I ask if any of you guys top, fim, pinch your autos? On my 1st grow I just let them do their own thing. I'm wondering if I should do more to increase yield. Thnx guys .

Some nice grows in this thread, awesome job guys. Can I ask if any of you guys top, fim, pinch your autos? On my 1st grow I just let them do their own thing. I'm wondering if I should do more to increase yield. Thnx guys .

Many growers do but results are very much strain dependent.

Last edited:
Depending on the strain, you can beat em up pretty good...lol! The AU's seem to love it! Haven't tried multiple toppings yet but I may hack up the next one a bit!

I'm becoming a fan of the SCROG method. And it works well even if you don't top. My AU really had the potential to produce a pound or more as all buds get the same amount of light. And as for abuse, go look at Corgy's AU grow. To control height he had to crimp/break branches many times, and she didn't even slow down! Give it a try, go conservative your first time to get the feel for your plants, then next time, take them to the limit!

Let's say I'm doing Dutch Passion Auto Ultimate, DP Colorado cookies, auto Frisian dew. Any suggested methods to pull bigger yields ?

I've grown all 3 strains mentioned, and for all 3, open them up as much as as possible. SCROG, LST, top, fim, supercrop, whatever..... That and lots of space, especially for the Ultimate.
All 3 is heavy yielders, but I don't see the FD and CC as 1 pound candidates, even if I had a FD yielding 240+g dry grown au naturel. The 3 CC's I have going will come down in a couple of weeks, but I doubt they'll give much more than a 100 g or so, hopefully I'm on the low side..... We'll see!

For that 1 pound, or even 1 kg which has apparently been achieved, Pop's grow method with an Ultimate would be my bet, with aggressive training and removal of in-the-way leaves(I have no experience with DWC but think it would be a walk in the park if done correctly) and all aerial attacks thwarted, of course...... Just
2cents.gif

Last edited:
I've grown all 3 strains mentioned, and for all 3, open them up as much as as possible. SCROG, LST, top, fim, supercrop, whatever..... That and lots of space, especially for the Ultimate.
All 3 is heavy yielders, but I don't see the FD and CC as 1 pound candidates, even if I had a FD yielding 240+g dry grown au naturel. The 3 CC's I have going will come down in a couple of weeks, but I doubt they'll give much more than a 100 g or so, hopefully I'm on the low side..... We'll see!

For that 1 pound, or even 1 kg which has apparently been achieved, Pop's grow method with an Ultimate would be my bet, with aggressive training and removal of in-the-way leaves(I have no experience with DWC but think it would be a walk in the park if done correctly) and all aerial attacks thwarted, of course...... Just View attachment 538190

I'll check out your grows bro. Good luck on the CC . I'm hoping to see some good yields on my next one too.

I believe the record for one AU is 998grams...! and more than one person here has gotten over 500 grams. Auto Ultimate is deserving of the name! Not only does it produce great harvests, it is excellent smoking/vaping! In fact, i'm pretty hammered on it right now! Off to bed...lol

I believe the record for one AU is 998grams...! and more than one person here has gotten over 500 grams. Auto Ultimate is deserving of the name! Not only does it produce great harvests, it is excellent smoking/vaping! In fact, i'm pretty hammered on it right now! Off to bed...lol

I have beans on the way. Looking forward to them.

Let's say I'm doing Dutch Passion Auto Ultimate, DP Colorado cookies, auto Frisian dew. Any suggested methods to pull bigger yields ?
@R3dt34rz ,I am close to finishing a multi fimmed Auto Ultimte.It was fimmed once when it had 5 nodes.and another 13 times at 29 days old,while I can't prove that the yield was increased yet( cause they are still in flush) the fimming did change the plant structure and growth pattern,I am comparing it to an untrained all natural AU ..my money is on the scrog,due to the canopy management/use of light
image.jpeg

Back