November 27 update, lots of mischief underway.
Time for an update. Past time actually, I lost the last update to the ether satans, and gave up after wasting an hour and a half.

Anyway, here we go again, this time with regular backups. There are a few aspects to touch on, so I will cover different ones in separate sections.

1. Bucket isolation chambers - Initial results with the male Anvil plants that I hoped to make feminized auto seed with were not encouraging. RH in the bucket was too dry, and temps too high initially, maybe both. At any rate, plants survived in there ok, but wilted pretty heavily. Maybe no biggie for pollen plants, but not what I had hoped. I am not sure whether I will stick with the current design or not, a modification that keeps plants happier might be in order. The two remaining pollen she-males have to go into isolation shortly, so I will see how they do in the buckets, and decide what next after that.

2. Fertigation setup - At this point two solos and one large pot are on auto fertigation (once every 4 hours for 20 seconds each time). With adjustment of the tube clamps, both solos and the large pot can be supplied with nutes to the right runoff. However, in my solo grows to date, once the plants mature, they can become so root bound that nutes penetrate very slowly after top watering. In fact, so slowly that fertigation for 20 seconds may result in some nutes being lost to overflow. The jury will be out for a bit, but if I end up with overflow, I will have to extend the fertigation period to longer, and that will require valve control on the lines to large pots, which so far has not been necessary.

3. Pollen reversals - Both of my candidate pollen Anvils turned out male, and hermaphrodite, so they have been both binned. Here is how to tell a hermie male:
hermie2.jpg

Male plants do not grow pistils... If this was a reversed female, there would be no problem other than incomplete reversal which is unimportant, I think, but this is a male plant, not a reversed one, which is bad news. I might have kept pollen for regular seeds, but not from hermie males, so Anvil seeds are a bust this grow.

4. State of the 'drobe to November 27 - The 'drobe is a tad chaotic at the moment because there are a bunch of plants in there destined for the bin once the gender reveal is complete. Here it is as of today:
IMG_1332.JPG

I won't do detailed photos for some plants at the back, so I will comment on them here. Far back left solo on the floor is a Blue Microverse X Sour Hound from seeds gifted to me by a gro buddy. There are two more out of sight. One will be selected for finishing out either in a solo, or, depending on what happens with genders in a couple large pots, a large pot. A couple of the BMSH are in transplant solos, so they can go into a large pot fairly late if needed.

The large pot in the center has a Stone Dragon Pheno 6 Day 8 in it, gender to be determined, and the far rear right large pot has 3 Stone Dragons Pheno 1 at Day 10 in it, gender also uncertain. The two solos at the very back on the shelf are also SD's. I hope to get a female of each pheno, select for black leaf and indica structure, and pollenate a branch of each pheno with 24C pollen I kept from the winter grow last winter. The pollen is bone dry and frozen, so it might still be alive. I might keep a male SD and make some reg pollen to keep for the next grow, but I am too late for making SD seeds this round the way I do it. I might also reverse a BDSH to keep fem pollen from it while I am at it. No shortage of grow mischief options. :biggrin:

Finally, the mid-sized solo next to the rear right large pot is the Cosmic Queen at Day 26 that was nearly binned. Still has not shown sex yet, but is healthy although slow and small. She had a rough start to life, and it shows in the size.

On to the details. First up, the multipot DMK:
IMG_1334.JPG

3 plants in the pot, no dividers between the roots, all plants kicking ass other than a bit of clawing so nutes are now cut back to ~1200EC. I have done some removal of lower leaves, and four or five LST sessions. The tie down holes around the bucket collar work a treat for holding branches down. I ran out of holes in some places though. The pot is going to produce if I don't manage to screw it up. This pot and the two solos I will discuss below have been on bloom nutes for about a week, and will go back on 321 mix shortly. I got a bit of tip claw with these plants at ~1350EC. so have backed off to ~1200. The usual story though, other plants want stronger feed. Sigh. :biggrin:

Next up, solos with 24Cx Oasis Auto Pink Kush and Seedsman Strawberry Cheescake:
IMG_1333.JPG

The STCH at Day 25 has been slow and fussy about something, but is starting to stretch and fill a bit anyway. She will produce a bit of bud. I like the aroma and flavor of the STCH, so even a bit of nice bud from this girl will be a fine thing. The 24C x Auto PK at Day 28 is the best of the solos so far, very vigorous, with lots of buds starting. If the bud turns out good, I will need to grow a full sized one of these next grow! This cross has excellent sleep time potential, which is why I made the seeds. Both of these girls show a bit of clawing same as the DMK multi pot, so their nutes have also been cut back to ~1200EC.

Next up, the two pollen she males, DG on the left , WDA on the right, both Day 41:
IMG_1337.JPG

DG is starting to put on the frost. The leaves on DG don't look very indica to my eye, so the jury is out why this structure is so dramatically different than the sister in the large pot. The WDA pollen plant is bigger, slower, and fewer buds than DG, but getting there. I am a bit surprised at the lack of balls at Day 41, but we shall see. I haven't dug up timing on my other reversals, so am not sure whether these are really late yet. This would be the first time in quite a few strains that CS did not do the job for me.

Next up, the Anvil and WDA big pots, 2 Anvils at Day18 on the right, WDA at Day 17 on the left:
IMG_1335.JPG

No gender on the Anvil yet, but it may happen soon. If I don't get a female from the two plants in the pot, my Anvil grow will be a bust. Fingers are crossed. WDA is hungry and Mg short. She is getting foliar Mg, but it is not doing the job so far. She was on clone nutes until a couple days back, so time will tell whether going back onto 321 mix will help. She may just insist on stronger grub, in which case I may have to fertigate her manually at least some of the time.

Next up, the DG big pot at Day 17:
IMG_1336.JPG

She is also hungry and shy of Mg, and still waiting to see how she does back on 321. She seems headed for monster territory.

Well peeps, that should do unless I have forgotten something or someone has questions.

Happy growing all. :pighug::bighug:

Last edited:
Time for an update. Past time actually, I lost the last update to the ether satans, and gave up after wasting an hour and a half.

Anyway, here we go again, this time with regular backups. There are a few aspects to touch on, so I will cover different ones in separate sections.

1. Bucket isolation chambers - Initial results with the male Anvil plants that I hoped to make feminized auto seed with were not encouraging. RH in the bucket was too dry, and temps too high initially, maybe both. At any rate, plants survived in there ok, but wilted pretty heavily. Maybe no biggie for pollen plants, but not what I had hoped. I am not sure whether I will stick with the current design or not, a modification that keeps plants happier might be in order. The two remaining pollen she-males have to go into isolation shortly, so I will see how they do in the buckets, and decide what next after that.

2. Fertigation setup - At this point two solos and one large pot are on auto fertigation (once every 4 hours for 20 seconds each time). With adjustment of the tube clamps, both solos and the large pot can be supplied with nutes to the right runoff. However, in my solo grows to date, once the plants mature, they can become so root bound that nutes penetrate very slowly after top watering. In fact, so slowly that fertigation for 20 seconds may result in some nutes being lost to overflow. The jury will be out for a bit, but if I end up with overflow, I will have to extend the fertigation period to longer, and that will require valve control on the lines to large pots, which so far has not been necessary.

3. Pollen reversals - Both of my candidate pollen Anvils turned out male, and hermaphrodite, so they have been both binned. Here is how to tell a hermie male:
View attachment 1541825
Male plants do not grow pistils... If this was a reversed female, there would be no problem other than incomplete reversal which is unimportant, I think, but this is a male plant, not a reversed one, which is bad news. I might have kept pollen for regular seeds, but not from hermie males, so Anvil seeds are a bust this grow.

4. State of the 'drobe to November 27 - The 'drobe is a tad chaotic at the moment because there are a bunch of plants in there destined for the bin once the gender reveal is complete. Here it is as of today:View attachment 1541778

I won't do detailed photos for some plants at the back, so I will comment on them here. Far back left solo on the floor is a Blue Microverse X Sour Hound from seeds gifted to me by a gro buddy. There are two more out of sight. One will be selected for finishing out either in a solo, or, depending on what happens with genders in a couple large pots, a large pot. A couple of the BMSH are in transplant solos, so they can go into a large pot fairly late if needed.

The large pot in the center has a Stone Dragon Pheno 6 Day 8 in it, gender to be determined, and the far rear right large pot has 3 Stone Dragons Pheno 1 at Day 10 in it, gender also uncertain. The two solos at the very back on the shelf are also SD's. I hope to get a female of each pheno, select for black leaf and indica structure, and pollenate a branch of each pheno with 24C pollen I kept from the winter grow last winter. The pollen is bone dry and frozen, so it might still be alive. I might keep a male SD and make some reg pollen to keep for the next grow, but I am too late for making SD seeds this round the way I do it. I might also reverse a BDSH to keep fem pollen from it while I am at it. No shortage of grow mischief options. :biggrin:

Finally, the mid-sized solo next to the rear right large pot is the Cosmic Queen at Day 26 that was nearly binned. Still has not shown sex yet, but is healthy although slow and small. She had a rough start to life, and it shows in the size.

On to the details. First up, the multipot DMK:
View attachment 1541780

3 plants in the pot, no dividers between the roots, all plants kicking ass other than a bit of clawing so nutes are now cut back to ~1200EC. I have done some removal of lower leaves, and four or five LST sessions. The tie down holes around the bucket collar work a treat for holding branches down. I ran out of holes in some places though. The pot is going to produce if I don't manage to screw it up. This pot and the two solos I will discuss below have been on bloom nutes for about a week, and will go back on 321 mix shortly. I got a bit of tip claw with these plants at ~1350EC. so have backed off to ~1200. The usual story though, other plants want stronger feed. Sigh. :biggrin:

Next up, solos with 24Cx Oasis Auto Pink Kush and Seedsman Strawberry Cheescake:
View attachment 1541822
The STCH at Day 25 has been slow and fussy about something, but is starting to stretch and fill a bit anyway. She will produce a bit of bud. I like the aroma and flavor of the STCH, so even a bit of nice bud from this girl will be a fine thing. The 24C x Auto PK at Day 28 is the best of the solos so far, very vigorous, with lots of buds starting. If the bud turns out good, I will need to grow a full sized one of these next grow! This cross has excellent sleep time potential, which is why I made the seeds. Both of these girls show a bit of clawing same as the DMK multi pot, so their nutes have also been cut back to ~1200EC.

Next up, the two pollen she males, DG on the left , WDA on the right, both Day 41:
View attachment 1541783

DG is starting to put on the frost. The leaves on DG don't look very indica to my eye, so the jury is out why this structure is so dramatically different than the sister in the large pot. The WDA pollen plant is bigger, slower, and fewer buds than DG, but getting there. I am a bit surprised at the lack of balls at Day 41, but we shall see. I haven't dug up timing on my other reversals, so am not sure whether these are really late yet. This would be the first time in quite a few strains that CS did not do the job for me.

Next up, the Anvil and WDA big pots, 2 Anvils at Day18 on the right, WDA at Day 17 on the left:
View attachment 1541781
No gender on the Anvil yet, but it may happen soon. If I don't get a female from the two plants in the pot, my Anvil grow will be a bust. Fingers are crossed. WDA is hungry and Mg short. She is getting foliar Mg, but it is not doing the job so far. She was on clone nutes until a couple days back, so time will tell whether going back onto 321 mix will help. She may just insist on stronger grub, in which case I may have to fertigate her manually at least some of the time.

Next up, the DG big pot at Day 17:
View attachment 1541782
She is also hungry and shy of Mg, and still waiting to see how she does back on 321. She seems headed for monster territory.

Well peeps, that should do unless I have forgotten something or someone has questions.

Happy growing all. :pighug::bighug:
Don’t know how you keep all the projects happy at their various stages. Looks great and soon to be filled, and then some.

Don’t know how you keep all the projects happy at their various stages. Looks great and soon to be filled, and then some.
It is more work than having everything at the same stage. OTOH, it's winter, too early to ski, too late to hike, so what's a grower to do? :pighug:

December 11 update
Time for an update peeps. The drobe in total:

IMG_1357.JPG

Front left is WDA, front center solo, 24CxAPK, front right, DG. Center right Stone Dragon pheno 1. Solo next left to center right is CQ. There is a BMxSH hiding behind the front center solo. Far right is Anvil. Far center solo partially hidden behind CQ is Seedsman CBD Kush, and far left is DMK.

Next up, some photos of individual plants. First, the queen of the show, the Dinamed Auto CBD Kush at Day 44:
IMG_1366.JPG

She is bulking up nicely, maybe three weeks or so to go. She has an interesting color pattern emerging in which the center colas seem to be fading earlier, or hitting some sort of deficiency or lockout. The colas around the perimeter look healthy, but the centers are not quite right to my eye. This is a 3 pot, and it will produce far more than any other pot of DMK I have grown. The aroma is intoxicating to me, super pleasant spicy scent sort of like cloves, not a hint of a raw edge or funk anywhere. A spectacular CBD strain that will likely stay as my standard.

Next up, Anvil x Witch Doctor at Day 31:
IMG_1358.JPG

She seems to be intent on becoming the biggest girl in the 'drobe. She is heavily trained and trimmed already, but will need some thinning out before flowering gets serious. She showed the first pistils today.

Next up, Mephisto Double Grape at Day 31:
IMG_1359.JPG

She has recently had her bondage adjusted, and hasn't quite sorted it yet. She also seems headed for large size, but maybe not as large and WDA. She showed pistils a couple days ago.

Next up, Anvil at Day 31:
IMG_1364.JPG

She is fresh from bondage adjustment, and looks it. She showed pistils today, the only female of the four Anvils I germinated. She is really compact so far, and does not look headed for the size of the WDA or DG.

Next up, a late addition to the menagerie, a Blue Microverse x Sour Hound at Day 19:
IMG_1363.JPG

This is one of the three BMXSH I germinated. Originally, this pot held a Stone Dragon 6, but it was male so I binned it. Since the full sized pot was empty, I transplanted one of the BMxSH solo plants into the large pot. The solo was a transplant setup - split bottomless solo inside an external solo with drain holes. The transplant went quite well even though it was done later than I normally do. She showed the first pistils today - a lot quicker than the other 'drobe-mates.

Next up, the Stone Dragon pheno:biggrin:1 pot:
IMG_1362.JPG

This is a 3 pot, originally intended to have the males snipped, but all three are females, so I will leave it as a multi pot and pollenate part of one plant with 24C pollen from last grow. Or maybe one branch of each... I'll think on it. :biggrin:

Next up, Mephisto Cosmic Queen at Day 40:
IMG_1361.JPG

CQ has turned into a beautiful solo, the photo doesn't do her justice. She will produce a couple ounces of really nice bud. This was my last CQ seed, otherwise I'd have made more seeds. Damn shame that. I really like the CQ strain.

Next up, the Seedsman Auto cbd Kush at Day 43:
IMG_1365.JPG

She has been the weirdest one of the menagerie since the beginning. The fans have been curled and droopy no matter what I have done, but she is going to produce some cbd bud. This was just a test of the strain, and so far, I prefer the DMK.

Next up, the Mephisto 24CxOasis Genetics Auto PK:
IMG_1360.JPG

This girl started out as the most vigorous solo by far, huge number of pistils and strong growth. Sadly she threw a bunch of nanners about a week ago. I removed them, and have been searching carefully every day, none have shown for several days, so maybe she is done with that mischief. No doubt there will be a few seeds in the bud, but the risk to the rest of the grow is minimal so far. Maybe this strain is just a bit too sensitive to put up with solo status, or maybe something I did to it was a bit too much change. I may try the strain again in a full sized pot if the bud turns out nice, but not otherwise.

There are a few other plants out and about from the 'drobe. The two pollen candidates WDA and DG were complete busts for CS reversal, my first and only failure. Since two different strains both failed completely, I assume that I buggered the CS treatment somehow. The most likely problems may be not running the CS generator long enough, or maybe I didn't start treatment soon enough. Dunno, and probably won't find out. I may go to STS as a result of this experience. In any case, I am going to let the two plants finish up outside the drobe under my germination light, and when the plants are pretty much dead, I'll comb the buds for selfed seeds. The bud itself is buggered with the CS, so possible seeds is all the two plants are good for. I also have 1 male Dragon 6, a male Dragon 1, and a BMxSH in the pollen isolation buckets. I'll collect pollen from the two males, and try to reverse the BmxSH with CS. Most likely the Dragon pollen will just be collected and stored until the next grow. If I get pollen early enough from the BMxSH, I may pollenate a branch of the big sister in the 'drobe.

That will do for now peeps, happy growing all. :pighug:

Time for an update peeps. The drobe in total:

View attachment 1546019
Front left is WDA, front center solo, 24CxAPK, front right, DG. Center right Stone Dragon pheno 1. Solo next left to center right is CQ. There is a BMxSH hiding behind the front center solo. Far right is Anvil. Far center solo partially hidden behind CQ is Seedsman CBD Kush, and far left is DMK.

Next up, some photos of individual plants. First, the queen of the show, the Dinamed Auto CBD Kush at Day 44:
View attachment 1546028
She is bulking up nicely, maybe three weeks or so to go. She has an interesting color pattern emerging in which the center colas seem to be fading earlier, or hitting some sort of deficiency or lockout. The colas around the perimeter look healthy, but the centers are not quite right to my eye. This is a 3 pot, and it will produce far more than any other pot of DMK I have grown. The aroma is intoxicating to me, super pleasant spicy scent sort of like cloves, not a hint of a raw edge or funk anywhere. A spectacular CBD strain that will likely stay as my standard.

Next up, Anvil x Witch Doctor at Day 31:View attachment 1546020
She seems to be intent on becoming the biggest girl in the 'drobe. She is heavily trained and trimmed already, but will need some thinning out before flowering gets serious. She showed the first pistils today.

Next up, Mephisto Double Grape at Day 31:
View attachment 1546021
She has recently had her bondage adjusted, and hasn't quite sorted it yet. She also seems headed for large size, but maybe not as large and WDA. She showed pistils a couple days ago.

Next up, Anvil at Day 31:
View attachment 1546026
She is fresh from bondage adjustment, and looks it. She showed pistils today, the only female of the four Anvils I germinated. She is really compact so far, and does not look headed for the size of the WDA or DG.

Next up, a late addition to the menagerie, a Blue Microverse x Sour Hound at Day 19:
View attachment 1546025
This is one of the three BMXSH I germinated. Originally, this pot held a Stone Dragon 6, but it was male so I binned it. Since the full sized pot was empty, I transplanted one of the BMxSH solo plants into the large pot. The solo was a transplant setup - split bottomless solo inside an external solo with drain holes. The transplant went quite well even though it was done later than I normally do. She showed the first pistils today - a lot quicker than the other 'drobe-mates.

Next up, the Stone Dragon pheno:biggrin:1 pot:
View attachment 1546024
This is a 3 pot, originally intended to have the males snipped, but all three are females, so I will leave it as a multi pot and pollenate part of one plant with 24C pollen from last grow. Or maybe one branch of each... I'll think on it. :biggrin:

Next up, Mephisto Cosmic Queen at Day 40: View attachment 1546023
CQ has turned into a beautiful solo, the photo doesn't do her justice. She will produce a couple ounces of really nice bud. This was my last CQ seed, otherwise I'd have made more seeds. Damn shame that. I really like the CQ strain.

Next up, the Seedsman Auto cbd Kush at Day 43:View attachment 1546027
She has been the weirdest one of the menagerie since the beginning. The fans have been curled and droopy no matter what I have done, but she is going to produce some cbd bud. This was just a test of the strain, and so far, I prefer the DMK.

Next up, the Mephisto 24CxOasis Genetics Auto PK: View attachment 1546022
This girl started out as the most vigorous solo by far, huge number of pistils and strong growth. Sadly she threw a bunch of nanners about a week ago. I removed them, and have been searching carefully every day, none have shown for several days, so maybe she is done with that mischief. No doubt there will be a few seeds in the bud, but the risk to the rest of the grow is minimal so far. Maybe this strain is just a bit too sensitive to put up with solo status, or maybe something I did to it was a bit too much change. I may try the strain again in a full sized pot if the bud turns out nice, but not otherwise.

There are a few other plants out and about from the 'drobe. The two pollen candidates WDA and DG were complete busts for CS reversal, my first and only failure. Since two different strains both failed completely, I assume that I buggered the CS treatment somehow. The most likely problems may be not running the CS generator long enough, or maybe I didn't start treatment soon enough. Dunno, and probably won't find out. I may go to STS as a result of this experience. In any case, I am going to let the two plants finish up outside the drobe under my germination light, and when the plants are pretty much dead, I'll comb the buds for selfed seeds. The bud itself is buggered with the CS, so possible seeds is all the two plants are good for. I also have 1 male Dragon 6, a male Dragon 1, and a BMxSH in the pollen isolation buckets. I'll collect pollen from the two males, and try to reverse the BmxSH with CS. Most likely the Dragon pollen will just be collected and stored until the next grow. If I get pollen early enough from the BMxSH, I may pollenate a branch of the big sister in the 'drobe.

That will do for now peeps, happy growing all. :pighug:
Keeping busy :rofl: Looking most excellent. :bow: WDA will get huge, and your drobe filled to the max in 2weeks. The BMxSH should finish around 70 days without a great deal of HST. Early smoke reports are quite positive:) (read: asleep in front of the tv for 3 solid hours. Definitely not functional.
Reminder to get a DMK going.
Been using Twenty20’s STS for my reversals. Approx 3wk and party time.

Keeping busy :rofl: Looking most excellent. :bow: WDA will get huge, and your drobe filled to the max in 2weeks. The BMxSH should finish around 70 days without a great deal of HST. Early smoke reports are quite positive:) (read: asleep in front of the tv for 3 solid hours. Definitely not functional.
Reminder to get a DMK going.
Been using Twenty20’s STS for my reversals. Approx 3wk and party time.
Yeah, after this fiasco, I think STS is in my future. I would have gone with it in the first place, but the ingredients, especially silver nitrate, were too much hassle to get here. I think I have found a source that should work. In the meantime, I will try to reverse a BMSH extra solo and a couple of DG and WDA clones that I am trying. If the clones work out (I have yet to make a survivor), I will at least get some pollen. The original WDA and DG pollen plants don't have so much as a single visible nanner, much less any male flowers. Ah well, I think I have enough seeds for an STS run with these two strains next winter. The WDA pollen solo would likely be the most productive solo I have grown were it not for the CS screwing all the bud up. She is a big solo girl. :biggrin:

I find it bloody odd that with CS I would have 100% complete success with multiple strains, and then two complete duds in a row. Go figure. I still can't figure what I screwed up. As far as I know, this reversal was done close to exactly how the others were. It will be interesting to see whether the BMSH reverses. I'll use the same CS, but I'm starting earlier, at the first sign of pistils. Fingers, toes, and eyes are crossed.

Thanks for checking in Sue, and good luck with your grow. :pighug:

Looking really good brother... I've used and haven't had problems with using alligator clips with tie downs.. they work well.. Can be placed where ever..
Thanks for checking in gro bro, and good luck with your growing. :pighug:

A few solo photos on a cold Dec. 18, plus an extra.
Greetings gro peeps. Got bored with the cold weather, so took a few photos.

Here is my Mephisto Cosmic Queen solo at Day 47:
CQ day .JPG

And here is one of her colas:
CQ cola.jpg

Just a few pistils on that girl. Buddage on the way. :biggrin:

And here is her strange 'drobe compatriot, the Seedsman Auto CBD Kush at Day 46:
sds cbd auto.JPG

And one of her colas:
sds cbd auto kush.jpg

She is putting a bit of a fade on, but has a ways to go yet. She is quite similar in aroma and color to the Dinamed, but a bit more leggy structure.

And just for something extra, here is one of the colas of the DMK multipot:
dmk cola.jpg

Another week, another week, another week... :biggrin:

Happy growing peeps. :pighug:

Thanks for the reps @Dale's Proper Bud and @Dankerson, much appreciated. Taking photos of the girls is a fun way to fill a couple hours that otherwise might have been spent outside. -30 out there this morning. Maybe more photos today. :biggrin:

Back