:pighug::biggrin:
Time for an update. First, the drobe in its thinned out glory:View attachment 1550310
Front left Anvil at Day 47, front center Blue Microverse x Sour hound solo at Day 34 , front right Stone's Dragon Pheno#1 multi-pot at Day 41, center BMxSH large pot at Day 34, rear left Mephisto Double Grape at Day 46, rear center Mephisto Cosmic Queen solo at Day 55, and rear right Witch Doctor x Anvil at Day 46. A much happier drobe now that the big DMK multipot, SDS 30:1 solo, and 24CxPK are outa there. :biggrin:

And, you might ask, where did the missing girls go:
View attachment 1550313
That pile of DMK bud is bigger than it looks. Should be a nice harvest total when dry.

Here is a closer shot of the stumps:
View attachment 1550314
The three plants differed slightly in final size, but not by a lot, and all three were productive and healthy. With this compact strain, there is little chance that I could have yielded as well with a single plant.

And this is where DMK and her other harvested sisters are hanging now:View attachment 1550315
Leaving the fans on is new for me, but it is a tad dry these days here, so I'll give them a while in the box, then do a partially dry trim to buds in brown bags. Starting at the front, the first four rows are all DMK. Row 5 is the Seedsman Auto Kush CBD 30:1, and the clothes pegged branches in row 6 is the 24 Carat x Auto PK cross I made last year. The two whole plants hanging in the corner are the two failed CS reversals of DG and WDA. I will dry them out and sort for seeds just in case a few happened. I don't plan on using the bud. CS and all that, but I may do some thinking on the actual risks before throwing the bud out.

This time around, the drying box is controlled by an Inkbird, so RH will be lowered by fan extraction whenever it gets too high:
View attachment 1550316

At the moment, it is set to 50%, but that will get lifted to ~60% once I get the drying well started.

I had a look at the root structure I got in the DMK big pot. I had not used these pots before, and wondered how the plants would behave in them. They did rather well in my estimation. Here is the intact root mass of the three plants:
View attachment 1550317
It seems to me that the side slots in the pot pretty much completely defeated pot circling of roots around the sides of the pots. The roots tangled densely in the very bottom of the pot, but not on the sides, so aeration of the medium continued nicely. I also checked inside the medium:
View attachment 1550318
You can't see it in the photo, but the entire volume of medium top to bottom is infused with fine roots. Every cubic centimeter is tied together with them. You could shake these things, and not much would fall loose. I've never experienced equal root structure. I rate the pots as keepers for me. :biggrin:

And to close this off on a somewhat humorous note, this is one of the presents we unwrapped yesterday from the Dearest's American sister:

View attachment 1550312
For the record, she sent it as a joke, but we will enjoy the coffee. :pighug::crying::bighug:
Heh, tactical coffee.

what are the green shoots coming out of the bottom of that root pic. havent seen anything like that before. whatever, looks healthy as could be. beautiful plants, nice colors, great job sir!!!
Thanks for the compliment, much appreciated.

The green dots are where the round holes exactly the same size allowed light to hit the roots that got exposed at the holes. They still air pruned, but developed chlorophyll anyway. The puzzle to me is why there are no green marks where the slots are in the side of the pots, but I guess that there was less light at that angle or at the height. Oddly enough, the solos that had holes punched in the sides did the green thing too, but not the slots in the large pots. Go figure eh. Doesn't seem to have bothered the plants though, so no problem, at least nothing worth changing plans about. :biggrin:

Thanks for checking in, and happy growing. :pighug:

Looking most excellent!! In awe of your solos.
Thanks @BCBudlady, much appreciated.

I seem to have the solo thing more or less sorted. I think the key is salt nutes, coco (preferably with aeration from perlite, hydroton, or the like, and frequent (as in at least six times a day for the best results) fertigation to at least 20% runoff. I think in this run I have discovered that even in coco, the pH can go wonky even if ppms don't, so lots of runoff is needed to avoid issues later in the grow. The girls I have harvested so far are, I think, the healthiest I have managed to the harvest stage, and that is due to heavy top fertigation to avoid the medium changing salt level or ph over time. As I believe you may have mentioned at some point, solos are a "high maintenance" project. True dat. I would not bother without automated fertigation. :biggrin:

All theory of an elder stoner of course, so we have to keep this firmly in mind. As firmly as stoners can manage anyway. :biggrin:

Jan 3 update
Greetings peeps, the 'drobe is getting crowded, so time for an update. The "drobe:
IMG_1405.JPG

WDA front left Day 54; DG front right Day 54; solo between WDA and DG is CQ solo Day 63 ; next back from CQ solo is BMxSH in a full sized pot Day 42; behind her, BMxSH solo Day 45; Rear left SD pheno 1 three-pot Day 49; last but not least, rear right, Anvil Day 55.

Haven't killed any of them yet, but there is time. :pighug:

Did a few solo portraits. First up, the best of the bunch, the Mephisto Cosmic Queen:
CQsolo.jpg

And the cola shot:
CQ cola.jpg

Next, the BMxSH solo:
BMxSH solo.JPG

And from the top:
BMxSH solo from top.JPG

She is not the biggest solo I have grown, but reasonably happy and will produce a bit of bud.

Next, her sister, the BMxSH solo that I have reversed. Successfully, unlike the earlier two failures this grow. Still don't know why...

BMxSH reversed solo.JPG

And the obligatory close up of the she-male bits:
BMxSH shemale cola.jpg

No pollen released yet, but I see one flower just starting to crack, so it will be happening very soon. If I manage to collect some before too late, I will pollenate a branch or two of the BMxSH solo. If not, I'll keep the pollen until next grow.

Happy growing in 2023 peeps, may yer bud be tasty, and yer harvests massive. :pighug:

Last edited:
Thanks for the reps @Bob's Auto's and @Lil Dabber, much appreciated. I have filled in the day ages that I missed earlier if you are interested.

Thanks for checking in. :pighug:

Greetings peeps, the 'drobe is getting crowded, so time for an update. The "drobe: View attachment 1552637
WDA front left Day 54; DG front right Day 54; solo between WDA and DG is CQ solo Day 63 ; next back from CQ solo is BMxSH in a full sized pot Day 42; behind her, BMxSH solo Day 45; Rear left SD pheno 1 three-pot Day 49; last but not least, rear right, Anvil Day 55.

Haven't killed any of them yet, but there is time. :pighug:

Did a few solo portraits. First up, the best of the bunch, the Mephisto Cosmic Queen:
View attachment 1552636

And the cola shot:
View attachment 1552635

Next, the BMxSH solo:
View attachment 1552634

And from the top:
View attachment 1552633
She is not the biggest solo I have grown, but reasonably happy and will produce a bit of bud.

Next, her sister, the BMxSH solo that I have reversed. Successfully, unlike the earlier two failures this grow. Still don't know why...

View attachment 1552631

And the obligatory close up of the she-male bits:
View attachment 1552632
No pollen released yet, but I see one flower just starting to crack, so it will be happening very soon. If I manage to collect some before too late, I will pollenate a branch or two of the BMxSH solo. If not, I'll keep the pollen until next grow.

Happy growing in 2023 peeps, may yer bud be tasty, and yer harvests massive. :pighug:
Outstanding!!! Staggering three+ weeks for receivers helps, but not always. I’ll be interested on your impressions of BMxSH. It’s potent:)

Outstanding!!! Staggering three+ weeks for receivers helps, but not always. I’ll be interested on your impressions of BMxSH. It’s potent:)
I normally give my pollen she-males a three week head start. Reversal of one of the BMxSH solos was a last minute decision because I had 100% germination and figured I might as well make pollen with one of them rather than throw it out. I was also curious whether there was something wrong with the cs I was making, given the two failures of two strains earlier. Seems the CS is fine, so I am still puzzled. :biggrin:

Last edited:
I normally give my pollen she-males a three week head start. Reversal of one of the BMxSH solos was a last minute decision because I had 100% germination and figured I might as well make pollen with one of them rather than throw it out. I was also curious whether there was something wrong with the cs I was making, given the two failures of two strains earlier. Seems the CS is fine, so I am still puzzled. :biggrin:
Some plants are just stubborn/hate CS. You should get some dust to freeze for future projects. :joy::greenthumb::clapper:

Some plants are just stubborn/hate CS. You should get some dust to freeze for future projects. :joy::greenthumb::clapper:
I still have lots of receptive pistils on the two BMxSH in the drobe, so if I get pollen soon, there will be seeds this round. No pollen shedding this morning, but there are several flowers just starting to open, so I should get some soon. It will be close, but I think I am still in the game so far for this grow. Would be nice. BMxSH seems to produce pretty plants as well as nice indica buzz if your experience is indicative.

Anyway, I am happy with how this grow is going so far other than the CS fail. I am wondering if I started treatment too late. I made a point of starting early at the first hint of gender on the BMxSH. I may even have started a bit before that. Anyway, if I try CS again rather than going to STS, I think I will start treatment a few days before gender reveal. But the jury is out. STS sounds better now that I have two complete fails with CS. If the fail had just been one strain, I might chalk it up to genetics, but two unrelated strains in a row suggests that I screwed something up, and timing is the only thing I can think of. It may have been a bit later than my earlier reversals. Dunno. :shrug:

Back