Lighting Now it's my turn COB DIY

Cobs are 36v no way it would work. It might even be dangerous. Do you have the specs on the vero's I don't use them so sadly don't know the foward voltage. To figure it multiply the total cobs by the cob voltage. Then divide by the drivers output.

The 1-10 volt dimmer will work for your MW (B) model driver. It has 3 in 1 dimming which means you can use 1-10 volts, resistance (potentiometer), or 10 volt pwm. This is hooked up to the dim+ and dim- on the driver.

B type drivers let you dim from 10%-100% of max
A type lets you dim 50%-100% of max

Last edited:
The 1-10 volt dimmer will work for your MW (B) model driver. It has 3 in 1 dimming which means you can use 1-10 volts, resistance (potentiometer), or 10 volt pwm. This is hooked up to the dim+ and dim- on the driver.

Thanks.... fuuuucking confused... why makes so many different drivers ? A -B -C etc. wish someone makes a sticky tread of different DIY kits from Cree Vero29 Citizen ect. And we're to buy ;)

Have you checked out cutter.com.au? Good price on 4 cxb3590's, and cob holders with reflector adapter for $150 us. They have sinks and drivers as well. Pretty nice kits too.

Thanks for filling in. I have purchased accessories and always installed only that voltage or higher. Makes perfect sense with the b-models that's applied into the driver itself and not necessarily an inline dimmer. Your the man roasty!

Just to be sure before ordering @BigSm0

5pcs. 1212 = 185-1050 driver ?

Back