Lighting Now it's my turn COB DIY

But I still wonder why DIY COB light when you can buy a MH II 900 for the same price as building itself ... what is it that makes COB better than LED ?

But I still wonder why DIY COB light when you can buy a MH II 900 for the same price as building itself ... what is it that makes COB better than LED ?
Efficiency is Photons to heat ratio. Mars epistar are 20% efficient meaning only 20% of the watts are being converted to light. Cobs on the other hand are anywhere from 40-65% efficient. All I have to say is wait till you see your first cob fire up

What do you have to do to get it?
I ask in LS about the same like you, because i see another user have this.
@Rebel was in the mood, and think I should have one for my name.
:cheers: Thanks again Rebel !!

I ask in LS about the same like you, because i see another user have this.
@Rebel was in the mood, and think I should have one for my name.
:cheers: Thanks again Rebel !!
Hahahaha that's funny. I figured you had to drink moonshine during a grow review or something. The badges are kinda nuts here so many new ones that aren't on the list. I'm happy to have the only ones I wanted but the xxx one is pretty cool too.

@BigSm0 what is optimal distance between the light ?
And please would you help me with a quick drawing wiring diagram ?

I take 5 lights because I got a great shipment solution from KingBrite.

I plan to build the frame like this

Doodle_2016-11-03T13_12_08Z.jpg

Second @BigSm0
I'm confused :nono: because unsure of buy 4 or 5 when I already have big price shipments. But that depends of the higher driver price

Please would you recommend the correct dimmable driver for

1. CBX3590 4 pcs. COB
2. CBX3590 5 pcs. COB

and

1. Vero29 gen7 4 pcs. COB
2. Vero29 gen7 5 pcs. COB

But holder and reflector to Vero29 they don't have :-( and I don't know we're to buy these

she's also have this I would buy
1-10V Dimmer for MW and Pairui driver: $15.0usd/pcs.

IMG_9367.JPG

Sorry I didn't see your other message.

For 5 Cree you could use hlg-240h-1400a

For 4 Cree you could use hlg-185h-1400a

Both dimmable by internal potentiometer.

The 15 usd dimmer won't work it's only 1-10v with your cobs being 36v each times 4 or 5 cobs

If you can find citizen cobs you would pay much less and have just as good or better lights. For your picture I think 4 would be better than 5. The X frame is a pain in the ass to make.

Sorry I didn't see your other message.

For 5 Cree you could use hlg-240h-1400a

For 4 Cree you could use hlg-185h-1400a

Both dimmable by internal potentiometer.

The 15 usd dimmer won't work it's only 1-10v with your cobs being 36v each times 4 or 5 cobs

If you can find citizen cobs you would pay much less and have just as good or better lights. For your picture I think 4 would be better than 5. The X frame is a pain in the ass to make.
Okay... but what about the Vero29 driver ? And she's saying that dimmer would fit the kit... confused again ;)

What number have the citizens ?

Back