Lighting Now it's my turn COB DIY

If only the complete light is connected, there can be no way for it to draw that much and not have smoke rolling out of something......
I believe the shutdown wattage of that driver is 210 watts

I can see the pinkish color in the back which by itself means something is wrong. Now seeing it draw 410w instead of 180 which is should be at is really concerning.

The meter is saying 410 which is means it's using that much wattage. I don't physically see how it's possible to draw that much out of that driver.

It's max forward voltage is 190 and it's amperage is 1050ma or 1.05a Multiplying amps times volts gives you watts which is 199.5 watts.

I don't think I'll ever understand the wattage but the overall intensity looks like they are wired in parallel and not series.

@pop22 do you have any idea what the heck is going on here?

on the watt meter, hate to ask this but...... did you read the manual? because the first rule of diy is: RTFM: Read The Fine Manual...lol!

Glad to see all is ok.
Ha ha... yes I do... only things how to set date, time and price ;)

That's what scares me. It's on but dim and drawing double the maximum
Not more... now only 206W without dimmer, but still far away from normally 250W it should be

It should be drawing less than that not that that's a real issue. I came up with 175w plus the driver.

at 36.4 volts x 1.05 amps x5 =191.1 watts, ad 15 watts for the driver itself your about right actually

Back