Lighting Help with driver cob citizen clu048

Are you in a 4x4? If so That would work but I'd consider 2 smaller drivers over one larger driver. You could also make 2 frames vs just one too.

I made one frame but went with 2 cob drivers on this one. I wouldn't do it any other way. View attachment 780080
What are the 2 smaller drivers for fans? Sorry about all of the questions it's just I'm about to order and I want to get it right the first time and if there's a good link you can share with me so I don't have to ask a billion questions unless you don't mind lol and also do you think I should just go for 8 cobs and run 4 to each driver or is this 3 per driver enough for a 4×4

@BigSm0 Hey bro, I wanted ask ya if I got that HLG240-1400 driver I can safely run 4-5 citizen cobs in series? does the HLG240-1400 allow me to have a potentiometer & hiccup protection? if not which driver would that be? I would like to run 4-5 citizens on single driver unless you know of cheaper way? I would also like be right around 250w for them cobs. thats why I thought the Hlg240 would be fine??

Last edited:
The smaller drivers are for 4- 5000k Samsung strips I added in. completely unnecessary.
For the 4x4 space 8 would be a lot of cobs but increase efficiency by a few % and with lower wattage per cob which would keep them cooler. More money and time but worth it if it's in your budget. You couldn't use the hlg-120-1400 with 4 cobs per driver.

Here is a shot of the strips in action with the cobs on.
IMG_1890.JPG

@BigSm0 Hey bro, I wanted ask ya if I got that HLG240-1400 driver I can safely run 4-5 citizen cobs in series? does the HLG240-1400 allow me to have a controller for power? if not which driver would that be? I would like to run 4-5 citizens on single driver unless you know of cheaper way? I would also like be right around 250w for them cobs. thats why I thought the Hlg240 would be fine??
You could run 5 36v cobs off of that driver. The 1212's or 3590's The 240h-c1400a has a built in dimmer. The 240h-c1400b has a wire to add your own.

okay thanks brother! so The one I want is the 1400a correct? yes it's the 1212's I plan to use.

Hey now. Just passing through. I see BigSM0's ot you under control. Love to see some pictures of your finished project.
Peace.

Back