Lighting Now it's my turn COB DIY

I have spent so much time trying to figure it out. To be honest it's the first time I have heard anyone say they weren't blind for atleast an hour after turning even one cob one. Flip the meter on and turn it to dc volts 1000 and check between each cob. You could try and run just one cob at a time to with that driver too. Unplug it and add a second, third.
I'll give it all a try

Hi @BigSm0 and @pop22

Has now built the second lamp and testing the voltage.

4pcs. 4K
1pcs. 35K

Without dimmer output is 174v
And between each COBs 34,7v

What did you think ?

Tomorrow I'll take down the first one we talk about and run a test of this also too you bros

IMG_9587.JPG
IMG_9588.JPG

Last edited:
Hello friends

Now I have measured the first lamp with dimmer through also, it shows exactly the same as the one I built finished yesterday. So all must be correct or ? @BigSm0

I need to know exactly what you mean by running them at 50% or run them soft as some call it? I have not mounted dimmer on the other lamp, as I am not going to use it, because if I dimmer the half, then light it, as I said also half only, and this is not very much.

But I possibly have a problem now...
Could anyone see this ??

IMG_9595.JPG
IMG_9601.JPG

The driver determine the power or amperage the cobs are run at. Your running the cobs with a 1050ma driver which should close to 35w per cob. The picture looks like they are running at 5 watts each. Maybe try taking the cap or dial off the dimmer and try to turn it without that on. I know Pop said a wall watt meter wouldn't work but I'd try it to see what the cobs are drawing from the wall. That is not pulling 175 watts. It would just about completely drown out that pinkish color out.

The driver determine the power or amperage the cobs are run at. Your running the cobs with a 1050ma driver which should close to 35w per cob. The picture looks like they are running at 5 watts each. Maybe try taking the cap or dial off the dimmer and try to turn it without that on. I know Pop said a wall watt meter wouldn't work but I'd try it to see what the cobs are drawing from the wall. That is not pulling 175 watts. It would just about completely drown out that pinkish color out.
The second I build is without dimmer :rolleyes1:
Still confused

Back