Lighting Now it's my turn COB DIY

hey.. don't you have a little poti in the top/right on your driver?
Nope I has the one with external dimmer solution
IMG_9602.JPG
IMG_9603.JPG

I would buy a wall watt meter, when I went back at Wednesday, because my friend could not find he's a I want to borrow

So @BigSm0 what do you think ??
This is the light without dimmer installed. Hope you could zoom a little

410,6 watts out of the wall ??
It should only be 250 or what

IMG_9708.JPG
IMG_9709.JPG
IMG_9710.JPG

Last edited:
I can see the pinkish color in the back which by itself means something is wrong. Now seeing it draw 410w instead of 180 which is should be at is really concerning.

The meter is saying 410 which is means it's using that much wattage. I don't physically see how it's possible to draw that much out of that driver.

It's max forward voltage is 190 and it's amperage is 1050ma or 1.05a Multiplying amps times volts gives you watts which is 199.5 watts.

I don't think I'll ever understand the wattage but the overall intensity looks like they are wired in parallel and not series.

@pop22 do you have any idea what the heck is going on here?

I can see the pinkish color in the back which by itself means something is wrong. Now seeing it draw 410w instead of 180 which is should be at is really concerning.

The meter is saying 410 which is means it's using that much wattage. I don't physically see how it's possible to draw that much out of that driver.

It's max forward voltage is 190 and it's amperage is 1050ma or 1.05a Multiplying amps times volts gives you watts which is 199.5 watts.

I don't think I'll ever understand the wattage but the overall intensity looks like they are wired in parallel and not series.

@pop22 do you have any idea what the heck is going on here?
If you are confused, what do you think I am
:crying:

Parallel or series ?
IMG_9721.JPG

5 min. I gonna test the other one with the dimmer too

That looks like series to me. They are all on and not bright. Drawing double the wattage the driver is supposed to put out too. The worst part is we can't rule out a messed up driver because both are the same

I got a surprise @BigSm0 first pics was yesterday when I just attached the Watt meter, when I came to unplug this now, there was more realistic numbers at the display.... hrmmm... maybe it's over 24 hours testing. I do not know the meter

That's the one without dimmer

IMG_9722.JPG
IMG_9724.JPG
IMG_9725.JPG

on the watt meter, hate to ask this but...... did you read the manual? because the first rule of diy is: RTFM: Read The Fine Manual...lol!

Glad to see all is ok.

I got a surprise @BigSm0 first pics was yesterday when I just attached the Watt meter, when I came to unplug this now, there was more realistic numbers at the display.... hrmmm... maybe it's over 24 hours testing. I do not know the meter

That's the one without dimmer

View attachment 674473 View attachment 674474 View attachment 674475

Back