Lighting Not getting much frost

Again I dont have a clue just know mine are frosty
61cc6344fbb3f712a8479ae6969fa161.jpg

2042436f82c47ff627a487868e508924.jpg

53fbfc7c64bd34385fbe5f5a9cbdc7b1.jpg

I would try taking the hps out and going with just the cobs for a grow. 1 cob on a double grape will give you 4 plants worth of frost alone. Plus a few oz’s. Set one plant aside and try cob only. I think you’ll be very surprised.

The next grow I start will likely be without HPS period. All 6 3500K autocobs and 4-6 plants. Once it warms up here I won't need 1200 watts of heat for the tent in the garage. I won't even be able to run a tent with the HPS going.

In the meantime I'm back to raising the lights more like you suggested before. Both the HPS and autocobs are up higher on the flowering plants than I had them the last couple of weeks.f

Also exploring and thinking hard about supplemental UVB. I might get just one 2 footer to experiment with. Its cheap enough. Throw a timer on it over one plant but not the others and see whether there is any noticeable difference in the one plant with UVB. I'm running out of real estate above my canopy though!

But if you have great frosty genetics (good name for a breeder) but the environment isn't ideal then you won't get as much frost right? You might even get very little frost if you have a few things wrong with the environment.

And lets say you have frost genetics and good environment and life is good, but then you add something like UVB on top of lets say COB lights, would you not get even more and possibly better frost?

Yes happy plants make the most trichs. I like to run at 40% and 82f.
I think addng uvb does help, i continue to use it. Someday soon ill be able to test it properly.

The next grow I start will likely be without HPS period. All 6 3500K autocobs and 4-6 plants. Once it warms up here I won't need 1200 watts of heat for the tent in the garage. I won't even be able to run a tent with the HPS going.

In the meantime I'm back to raising the lights more like you suggested before. Both the HPS and autocobs are up higher on the flowering plants than I had them the last couple of weeks.f

Also exploring and thinking hard about supplemental UVB. I might get just one 2 footer to experiment with. Its cheap enough. Throw a timer on it over one plant but not the others and see whether there is any noticeable difference in the one plant with UVB. I'm running out of real estate above my canopy though!
I use the 10.0 uvb tubes and run them after the popcorn stage to harvest on the same schedule as the cobs. 18/6

I use the 10.0 uvb tubes and run them after the popcorn stage to harvest on the same schedule as the cobs. 18/6

I just picked up a 2 foot 10.0 UVB reptile tube. Thanks for steering me in that direction. I was going to get a grow light tube that I wasn't sure had much UVB in it. I have it over one plant right now and I'll see if i notice an increase in frost. Probably going to run it 6 hours per day. It's about 16 inches above the main cola.

People told me i have a sunburn on my face. I was barely around that reptile light today. And never directly under it. Never let it shine near my eyes. It must be UV bouncing off the tent walls.

People told me i have a sunburn on my face. I was barely around that reptile light today. And never directly under it. Never let it shine near my eyes. It must be UV bouncing off the tent walls.
I've been using them for 2 years and around them for hours somedays, never noticed that. Wear some glasses bro

Wow................. Turn that light off when you work in the tent. Don't even look in when running UV. It can cause macular degeneration and cataracts in your eyes. These problems do not show up immediately but over time. Yes the UV waves are much shorter than visible light and will bounce off of any surface.

I've been using them for 2 years and around them for hours somedays, never noticed that. Wear some glasses bro

The AgroMax is much stronger than any reptile light. I am not kidding about the guy that burnt his face to blisters in just a couple of minutes.

Wow................. Turn that light off when you work in the tent. Don't even look in when running UV. It can cause macular degeneration and cataracts in your eyes. These problems do not show up immediately but over time. Yes the UV waves are much shorter than visible light and will bounce off of any surface.

The AgroMax is much stronger than any reptile light. I am not kidding about the guy that burnt his face to blisters in just a couple of minutes.
I'm sure, I've read you can feel the lights as soon as your exposed to them. I think the Agromax put out more uvb then the reptile 10.0.
I plan on trying these out once I get moved and build a new groom. http://www.solacure.com/

Last edited:
Back