Lighting Not getting much frost

It seems like many of the lights i see advertised claim to include UV but according to this article these claims are mostly BS. Is there a specialty COB that overlaps into the UV spectrum -

It seems like many of the lights i see advertised claim to include UV but according to this article these claims are mostly BS. Is there a specialty COB that overlaps into the UV spectrum -

There might be but I only run autocobs so I have to supplement with my own UVB, which I prefer to do anyway. More flexible than a fixed fixture with all lights on one frame. And we are talking in the $100 price range instead of the $1000's that other companies would charge.

I have a reptile UVB tube in place already hanging with my HPS and autocob lights, and I have a super potent Germicidal medical class UVB tube that I'm just waiting for a fixture for. I don't go for false advertising like you say. I am pretty confident that what I have is the real deal.

As others have said Stress a plant out and it will try to defend itself. I read once a while ago a couple old timers chatting about an old trick to increase trich production. The trick was 48-56 he’s before harvest cut a third of the way into the stalk (one plant I had tie up after Doing this she was heavy and leaning and I cut into the wrong side oops) it could’ve been mental but I swear the Trichs were crazy by harvest not only a lot of them but the biggest I’ve ever seen. Did it on a couple and they all seemed to do the same. I’m gonna try it again when this run is ready.

Last edited:
If I remember I’ll take pics before I make the cut then maybe every 12 hrs after if I can.

As others have said Stress a plant out and it will try to defend itself. I read once a while ago a couple old timers chatting about an old trick to increase trich production. The trick was 48-56 he’s before harvest cut a third of the way into the stalk (one plant I had tie up after Doing this she was heavy and leaning and I cut into the wrong side oops) it could’ve been mental but I swear the Trichs were crazy by harvest not only a lot of them but the biggest I’ve ever seen. Did it on a couple and they all seemed to do the same. I’m gonna try it again when this run is ready.
Something along those lines, I’ve heard of guys splitting & sticking something all the way through the main stalk a week before harvest. Never tried it myself.

Last edited:
Something along those line, I’ve heard of guys splitting & sticking something all the way through the main stalk a week before harvest. Never tried it myself.
Yeah actually now that u say it I’ve seen it on a YouTube video.

I recently finished a fastbuds GSC that had little to no frost even on(what would normally be) the sugar leaves. Not exactly heavy production in the buds either. However, it does certainly work, I would consider myself to have a pretty high tolerance but it is a strong, stoney affect and a subtle but pleasant taste. She was a very purple/Black plant right down to the leaves and stalks. Quite a sight she was.
She grew alongside and two or three weeks ahead of two of her “packet sisters”. These by contrast are some of the frostiest plants I have personally seen in the flesh. They aren’t purple in any sense bar subtle hues on one. Genetic I reckon and a relative lack of visible frost does not directly correlate to potency.
It does dramatically affect final weight though! Sorry no photography or trimming skills.View attachment 901315
09EF59BC-6582-46F4-BC3D-C14AE48C6726.png

Looks terrible but works well

Last edited:
Back