Lighting Not getting much frost

I just had my first vape after traveling all day and I can’t for the life of me remember what we were talking about. :shrug:

I started this conversation and I think it was something to do with frost. The kind you want to get on your girls, not the kind that you get up north.

How did the frost turn out.

The TD and the Skywalkers sucked for frost. But it was totally on me. The genetics are obviously good. And the autocobs are impeccable. So it was really me and my learning period. My next plants, two Sour Livers, had much better frost as I improved my grow and the environment they were in. I have a lot of dried Sour Livers flowers with frost that I'm pressing in to rosin now. I'm also seeing better rosin and more yield with the higher quality flowers compared to my worse flowers from before and how they press.

My next grow that is on day 40 now includes two Mephisto Fantasmo Express that have been flowering for about a week and I can see a lot of frost on the leaves already. From journals I've seen it looks like I'm getting what other good growers get at this stage.

I'm pretty sure that what I learned about frost is there are a lot of factors involved. And lights is just one part of it. And even with good lights like autocobs, you can fail to generate good frost if the other factors of a grow are having issues.

And even with good lights like autocobs, you can fail to generate good frost if the other factors of a grow are having issues.
As I have stated previously, I don't get much sugar (I believe to be from very low humidity) on any strain and I have never had a potency problem.

As I have stated previously, I don't get much sugar (I believe to be from very low humidity) on any strain and I have never had a potency problem.

I prefer to press rosin and from what i can tell its better to have lots of frost so that's my goal right now. And I was running low RH up until recently. Below 20%. Now I'm around 50% and since I did that I am getting more frost, but I think there are other factors in play that lead to that, not just increased RH.

I currently have cream de la chem, not sure if that’s how it’s pronounced.. next to it is some autogorilla which is usually a frost monster. The difference between the two is night and day as far as frost goes.

Back