Lighting Not getting much frost

I currently have cream de la chem, not sure if that’s how it’s pronounced.. next to it is some autogorilla which is usually a frost monster. The difference between the two is night and day as far as frost goes.
These LSDs don’t seem to be big frost or smell creators. There is very little visible frost on the sugar leaves, but they are sticky as heck. There is a smell but it’s rather delicate and takes awhile for the aroma to fill the basement when I open the tent at night. I have noticed that on previous grows, that more frost equals more smell coming from the girls.

As others have said Stress a plant out and it will try to defend itself. I read once a while ago a couple old timers chatting about an old trick to increase trich production. The trick was 48-56 he’s before harvest cut a third of the way into the stalk (one plant I had tie up after Doing this she was heavy and leaning and I cut into the wrong side oops) it could’ve been mental but I swear the Trichs were crazy by harvest not only a lot of them but the biggest I’ve ever seen. Did it on a couple and they all seemed to do the same. I’m gonna try it again when this run is ready.
Interesting
I recall an article on some older strains..
60's ...70's era
I wanna say Columbian Gold (named for the yellow golden hues it displayed) got that color first by cutting vertically thru the stalk and either leaving in or placing a chopstick...pencil ..etc. thru it ..
Something about nutrients rerouting along with stress... it was awhile ago...
But crazy things can happen when you stress these girls .... my 2cts

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Interesting
I recall an article on some older strains..
60's ...70's era
I wanna say Columbian Gold (named for the yellow golden hues it displayed) got that color first by cutting vertically thru the stalk and either leaving in or placing a chopstick...pencil ..etc. thru it ..
Something about nutrients rerouting along with stress... it was awhile ago...
But crazy things can happen when you stress these girls .... my 2cts

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Somebody here does that. Splits the stalk the last week or so.

Somebody here does that. Splits the stalk the last week or so.
I’ve tried a few times and really did not see any difference between it and the other three plants in my tent.

Back