Lighting Not getting much frost

I do not know if it physically produces more trichomes but they will be much higher in THC/CBD with added UVA/UVB. Since I started using the AgroMax Pure Uv T5 my potency is noticeably up. I run it 3 to 4 hours in the middle of the lights on time starting 3 weeks before harvest. Be really careful not to work around this light when it is on not even a couple of minutes.

I was looking for a UV fixture that didn't require 240V. T5HO would be perfect for me. Just plug it in. How many plants do you put under a four footer? A couple? I could see getting just one of them and move them over plants thru the day so each gets a couple of hours. Each move the light shines on basically two plants. Is that basically what you do?

I was looking for a UV fixture that didn't require 240V. T5HO would be perfect for me. Just plug it in. How many plants do you put under a four footer? A couple? I could see getting just one of them and move them over plants thru the day so each gets a couple of hours. Each move the light shines on basically two plants. Is that basically what you do?
This thing is powerful I hang it in the middle of my 4x6 space and cover all 6 plants. Remember I have that super reflective Orca Grow Film

I cannot find it now but when I was researching this UV light a guy worked under it for a couple of minutes and had a bad sunburn with blisters all along the side of his face.

I cannot find it now but when I was researching this UV light a guy worked under it for a couple of minutes and had a bad sunburn with blisters all along the side of his face.

I am leery about them for sure. Dangerous to your eyes and skin. Not sure how you deal with the safety using them other than wearing protective clothing and maybe some glasses.

Great thread! All I can do is offer my opinion based on what I have seen over the years. This situation reminds me of my grows 1.5 -2 years ago. I was growing some bigger autos but with LOTS of light. Sort of seems like your situation now. 6 cobs over each 4x4, with supplemental leds, (red,ir, white and blue) 160+ watts, very high cri, and UV. I did side by sides with the UV and didn’t see a difference at all. I ran it for 15minutes every 4 hours. What’s funny is I remember a post I made and the first reply Someone said my buds weren’t “tricomey” others replied good and bad. The good argued with the bad blah blah it went on for pages. Almost no tricomes was the end result. What I now know is that I was cooking the plants.
39770826-0C6F-4498-A769-2830B21622EE.jpeg
Since I have lowered the wattage I haven’t seen frostier buds. Genetics do play a very big role in resin production, but even the most resinous will not produce much if you are burning the plants.
9B20B686-578B-449F-8911-14F0EF3C36A6.jpeg
9BE6E9D4-65EB-4A85-81EB-151478D2EADA.jpeg
0EED95CE-5AFA-4C3C-8AE7-D49A273C20A8.png
37BD683C-2174-4645-92CA-13327DACB01A.jpeg
6983D655-753B-4C48-A841-A7B5908B931F.jpeg

Great thread! All I can do is offer my opinion based on what I have seen over the years. This situation reminds me of my grows 1.5 -2 years ago. I was growing some bigger autos but with LOTS of light. Sort of seems like your situation now. 6 cobs over each 4x4, with supplemental leds, (red,ir, white and blue) 160+ watts, very high cri, and UV. I did side by sides with the UV and didn’t see a difference at all. I ran it for 15minutes every 4 hours. What’s funny is I remember a post I made and the first reply Someone said my buds weren’t “tricomey” others replied good and bad. The good argued with the bad blah blah it went on for pages. Almost no tricomes was the end result. What I now know is that I was cooking the plants. View attachment 883325 Since I have lowered the wattage I haven’t seen frostier buds. Genetics do play a very big role in resin production, but even the most resinous will not produce much if you are burning the plants. View attachment 883329View attachment 883330 View attachment 883332 View attachment 883333View attachment 883335
Now I'm jealous LOL

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Great thread! All I can do is offer my opinion based on what I have seen over the years. This situation reminds me of my grows 1.5 -2 years ago. I was growing some bigger autos but with LOTS of light. Sort of seems like your situation now. 6 cobs over each 4x4, with supplemental leds, (red,ir, white and blue) 160+ watts, very high cri, and UV. I did side by sides with the UV and didn’t see a difference at all. I ran it for 15minutes every 4 hours. What’s funny is I remember a post I made and the first reply Someone said my buds weren’t “tricomey” others replied good and bad. The good argued with the bad blah blah it went on for pages. Almost no tricomes was the end result. What I now know is that I was cooking the plants. View attachment 883325 Since I have lowered the wattage I haven’t seen frostier buds. Genetics do play a very big role in resin production, but even the most resinous will not produce much if you are burning the plants. View attachment 883329View attachment 883330 View attachment 883332 View attachment 883333View attachment 883335

what type of light were you burning the plants with? Autocobs?

I am leery about them for sure. Dangerous to your eyes and skin. Not sure how you deal with the safety using them other than wearing protective clothing and maybe some glasses.
Just turn it off when working around it.

Back