Indoor Nice Option's Garden of Intergalactic Delights

Well i needed some good news as I'll be culling yet another NYC Diesel today. That thing just gets so weird as soon as it hits flower, nothing can save her! Even Barney's finally admitted she's a waste of time. It's a bummer as she smells incredible. I'll give Soma's photoperiod a go at some point although I've heard Adam Dunn use her a reference point a few times as a strain that smells amazing but doesn't deliver in the taste department. The grapefruit terps are just so good though, i feel like she must be worth a go.

Well, an at least 8oz haul should help ease the pain of the culling!
I say give it go yo, some tasty terpy grapefruit action sounds pretty amazeballs right about now!

Well, an at least 8oz haul should help ease the pain of the culling!
I say give it go yo, some tasty terpy grapefruit action sounds pretty amazeballs right about now!
Yeah, i always want citrus when the weather is fine and kush when it gets cooler. Hopefully a tent full of HGK will keep me smiling through the winter.

Smoking on the very last of my Tangie right now on the balcony and she's hitting the spot. Very tasty in a joint, sad to see her go...

I wonder if you could press it and use the rosin for Terps if it smells that good. Wonder if it has any taste. Might get a good harvest of something else with a great buzz but no taste. I don’t know it that makes sense.

:chimp:

I wonder if you could press it and use the rosin for Terps if it smells that good. Wonder if it has any taste. Might get a good harvest of something else with a great buzz but no taste. I don’t know it that makes sense.

:chimp:
Off to Amsterdam in September so I'll try some out over there and see. It's pretty widely available which would suggest it has some merit. If I like it, I'll grow it!

DAY 14 for Holy Grail Kush and Cataract Kush

Transplanted two days ago, the root ball looks fantastic for 14 days. They got a little droopy afterwards but that's to be expected.

full

Into 15L fabric pots

HGK:

full

CK:

full

This was two days ago, so I'm playing catch up a little.

This morning they had perked up a bit, and looked happy in their new homes.
The feed changed from Shogun Start and Katana Roots, and switched up to the big girl food yesterday (day 15). Giving them pretty much full strength as they looked like they needed a boost. I also topped them this morning (day 16)

They seem to be pretty happy. Perked up a bunch and generally loving life by the look of it.

Cataract Kush

full

full

Holy Grail Kush

Leaves have that wet paper kinda look but I'm not worried, she looks happy to me and both took their toppings without a hint of stress.

full

full

I think the HGK is gonna be an easier plant to grow, spacing already looks better on her. The CK is gonna be a stumpy little girl I can tell, not sure how well she'll fare in scrog but we'll see how she goes. She was a freebie so it's not the end of the world if she doesn't turn out so well. Basically 100% indica I believe so yeah, I'm not sure about the training but it'll be a fun experiment if nothing else.

I've had a nightmare trying to get the HGK beans to germ and had to pick up a new pack, i also let DNA know and they kindly sent a new pack free of charge, so I have a bunch on hand now but they're very slow compared to what I'm used to with the autos.

This is the one behind the other

full

and the other one which I'd written off as a no-go but she popped up to join the party.

full

It would be naive to think that the different stages of growth won't present some issues but hopefully they can catch up a little. I'm thinking that the scrog will be my best friend for this issue as the older ones can spread out a little. I dunno... we'll find out!

Anyway, thanks for indulging me and my rather long post. Really digging these photoperiods so far and super excited for the next few weeks.

:peace:

Nearly forgot about the autos!

Not entirely sure what day we're at with the Creme de la Chem around day 70-something

I need to give a big shout out and also a big apology to my growbro @Froot n Fuel who provided the seed. This one got a bit neglected. It was tough to get anything in the tent alongside the Critical Kush and she really suffered for lack of light.

She's about to go on flush and whilst she's not much of a yielder, she's very, very frosty so it should still be nice little headstash smoke. I'm expecting a couple of oz off her and I'm assured she's pretty strong so it might last a while.

full

All issues aside, the smell on her is something else and seems to change almost every day. She's gone from super fruity tropical terps to plastic and rubber and now it seems to have all come together in a soft incense, plastic and fruits. It's incredible but very odd.

She'll come down in around 10 days I think. I'm looking forward to twisting one up for sure.

And again another bean from my man @Froot n Fuel we have a little White Chem from Mephisto doing her thing at Day 5

full

I think that's the lot!

Getting pretty busy in the garden now and struggling to keep on top of getting the RO together quick enough but otherwise all good. It's been quite a jump adding the new tent and starting the photoperiods which have gotten most of my attention tbh. It's a rewarding task but keeping the journal live on top of everything else has been a lot of work for me.

Spent a bit of time catching up this evening so hopefully things should be a little smoother moving forward.

DAY 14 for Holy Grail Kush and Cataract Kush

Transplanted two days ago, the root ball looks fantastic for 14 days. They got a little droopy afterwards but that's to be expected.

full

Into 15L fabric pots

HGK:

full

CK:

full

This was two days ago, so I'm playing catch up a little.

This morning they had perked up a bit, and looked happy in their new homes.
The feed changed from Shogun Start and Katana Roots, and switched up to the big girl food yesterday (day 15). Giving them pretty much full strength as they looked like they needed a boost. I also topped them this morning (day 16)

They seem to be pretty happy. Perked up a bunch and generally loving life by the look of it.

Cataract Kush

full

full

Holy Grail Kush

Leaves have that wet paper kinda look but I'm not worried, she looks happy to me and both took their toppings without a hint of stress.

full

full

I think the HGK is gonna be an easier plant to grow, spacing already looks better on her. The CK is gonna be a stumpy little girl I can tell, not sure how well she'll fare in scrog but we'll see how she goes. She was a freebie so it's not the end of the world if she doesn't turn out so well. Basically 100% indica I believe so yeah, I'm not sure about the training but it'll be a fun experiment if nothing else.

I've had a nightmare trying to get the HGK beans to germ and had to pick up a new pack, i also let DNA know and they kindly sent a new pack free of charge, so I have a bunch on hand now but they're very slow compared to what I'm used to with the autos.

This is the one behind the other

full

and the other one which I'd written off as a no-go but she popped up to join the party.

full

It would be naive to think that the different stages of growth won't present some issues but hopefully they can catch up a little. I'm thinking that the scrog will be my best friend for this issue as the older ones can spread out a little. I dunno... we'll find out!

Anyway, thanks for indulging me and my rather long post. Really digging these photoperiods so far and super excited for the next few weeks.

looking good solid little root balls for 14 days im almost 90% sure im gona try the shogun range next grow glad to hear you enjoying the photo periods in my limited experience with autos i found photos much easier to deal with

looking good solid little root balls for 14 days im almost 90% sure im gona try the shogun range next grow glad to hear you enjoying the photo periods in my limited experience with autos i found photos much easier to deal with
Had great results with them, really good stuff. It's not the cheapest but since switching from GH trio the difference is night and day. Plants are healthy, roots are healthy, works so, so well for coco. I'm not planning on using bottled nutes for much longer but whilst I do, I won't even look at another product.
Should also note there was a little Great White in there too, so that won't have hurt.

Definite photoperiod convert over here already, so much more flexibility in grow style and way more forgiving in terms of timings. Autos will always have a place in my heart and they absolutely provide top notch smoke as well as yield but maintaining two tents will be much easier with photos I think. Keeping on track of different feeds and growth is proving to be a bit of a challenge with the autos on top of the photos already. Not to mention pulling enough RO from my little 50 filter is a massive pain in the arse.

Absolutely not knocking autos at all though, they're amazing and totally serve a purpose, I'm just not sure I have that need anymore now that I have more space.

Back