Indoor Nice Option's Garden of Intergalactic Delights

someone say Holy Grail?

grail.gif

wise.gif

Looking great Nice!
And welcome to the photoperiod dark side :muahaha:

Happy to join the (half the time) dark side!

Nicely done! I have just returned from holidays and I didn’t have anyone to sit my plants so I used a Bluemat system to water for me. I was quite concerned about it but I did return to still growing plants. I’m afraid my Mephisto SODK has run a bit too long but it wasn’t ready when I left so she flushed for 12 days and will get chopped tonight.

I’m also looking into photoperiods and the leap into that side of growing but it’s a considerable expense to replicate a setup rather than just switch using one tent. I’d be looking at breeding photos and keeping a mother or two so one tent won’t work the way I’d like it.

For now, I’m also looking into organic soils rather than nutes. It will take me awhile to decide how I’ll do that as I can’t mess up my grows. I have people I give part of my harvest to for medicinal use. Anyway, keep us up to date with your progress, I’d like to see how things are going. Best of luck

I think I'll do bluemats next time. I was using an autopot but it tends to overflow, I'm too nervous about a 50l flood so whilst this wasn't perfect, it did the trick. She kept them alive anyway. I have quite a few of the HGK beans, so im saving a couple to run in organic living soil next year as a comparison. It appeals the most to me but I need to test it out. I figure I'll do one tent organic and one salts and for a bit. Keeps it interesting and keeps the running costs a bit lower long term too. Quite a big initial investment though!
I need a decent supply as I need the meds myself and also share with a few friends with MS and going through chemo, they're pretty reliant on me so I need to ensure they have enough as well as myself. I'm sure from a medical perspective organic is better in the long run.

hey dude, just read through your post!!

Im in the midst of doing the same as you!

Im going to have 4 mothers in soil and then put the clones in DWC in another tent where they can veg and flower.

Let me know what you decide on mothers!! Would be nice for a diff perspective on medical strains.

Still keeping my small tent for autos as i can get about 800g in there if genetics are solid.

Keep up the good work and peace.

Keeping the autos running in one tent for a bit too! I've not completely converted... There are still some autos around that I like the look of and wanna give a go.

You know it buddy :pass:

Lack of yield is a blessing in disguise... that shit looks fire.

Actually managed to capture the essence of the flower with this one. Tastes more like rosin/shatter than the hash I'm used to getting from the bags. Super nice, very loud. Flooring stone though, very medical so I'm saving it for when the fibro is playing up. Which is today, so I'll be dabbing a little this evening, hoping it helps.
Great for sleep, makes your feel like you're floating on the sea. The hash is much better than the flower.
I can't really recommend the fast buds Zkittlez though. It's fine, just a bit flat and doesn't taste anything like Zkittlez, more like a subpar kush with a bit of a mango thing. Perhaps Barneys did a better job of it with their Zkittlez OG.

:peace:

Sounds like fire, Nice! Nice work, man.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

After the last disastrous attempt at growing NYCD, this one is ssssllllloooooowwwlllly shaping up to be a slight improvement.

DAY 71 (!)

full

full

As you can see, things have got a little crazy in there. I've defoliated her quite a few times but she keeps going back into jungle mode.

Space is a big issue in there at the moment, but I want to let the Critical Kush finish up properly in there, once she's out ( 7 days or so) I'll give the NYCD some more space and also supercrop and stake nearly every branch on her. She's way too close to the light already.
It's a little frustrating but for the sake of all the plants, I think it's best to just take the grow for what it is and be happy with what I can get out of her.

There's definitely some different phenos of this strain, this one being more sativa leaning that the previous little bush which was very much indica leaning.

Overall it seems that it's a pretty unstable strain which Barney's have discontinued. I emailed them about it and whilst they sort of denied it, they also said they'd send a free pack of something else to make up for it.

She's been kind of flowering for weeks now but the past few days have seen it kick into gear a little more, and along with that jump in growth, sure enough, the same def i was seeing on the last one has reared it's ugly head.

full

It's not as severe as last time, but still a bit of a mystery. Calmag would be the obvious culprit, I can't work out what else it could be, so I've upped it a little and I'm trying to increase waterings/feeds to twice a day. My only thing with the calmag theory is that it's starting on the upper parts of the plant and it's my understanding that a calmag def will usually show from the base up? PH is bang on every time so it's not that.

We'll see how it progresses I suppose. I would like to be able to pull something off this plant after culling the last one. It's been a super slow one and she smells absolutely amazing so it would be a shame not to reap some of the rewards.

Critical Kush at day 75 is on her last day of feed and will be on the flush tomorrow.

You've seen one of the nice buds, now take a look what a bud that's way too close to an LED is like :crying:

full

She stretched way more than I'd expected in the 2 weeks whilst I was away. Not much I could do about it, should have trained her more but I hadn't expected as much stretch from a Kush. You live and learn! I won't be making the same mistake with the photoperiods.

Anyway, it's not the worst thing in the world, she's just chucking out white hairs, might affect the potency a touch and will probably lower the bag appeal but they're still some nice dense nugs.

Hard to tell in the pic, but she's beginning to show some pink hues in the buds where she's getting hit with the fan the most. I'm guessing this is a cooler temp expression and I'd like to exploit that a bit, it looks beautiful. I'm going to try adding some ice to the top of the pot in the last few days to encourage a little more of that and use cold water for the flush. Might not work, but it won't do much harm at this point.

Wish me luck!

As I think I mentioned earlier, I only had a 1/3 germ on the HGK from DNA.
I quickly rushed to buy a new pack, which also came with a free 3 pack of the Florida Gold which sounds interesting (shared parents with the Kosher Kush I think) I assume it'll be a good old fashioned balanced OG, along with another Cataract Kush.

I also emailed them to let them know, and they sent another free pack of the HGK. Pretty great customer service! So I've now got quite a few kushes to get through...
full

Just thought I'd let you know and give a bit of a shout out to them. I feel super lucky being in the UK and being able to go direct to breeders as you'd never get this sort of service from a bank (maybe with the exception of Seeds Here Now) Super fast shipping on them as I explained the situation and don't want to end up with 2 plants way behind the others. That said, still gonna be like a week behind.

I'll probably end up scrogging these so hopefully that week difference won't be too much of an issue.

Keeping the autos running in one tent for a bit too! I've not completely converted... There are still some autos around that I like the look of and wanna give a go.

Actually managed to capture the essence of the flower with this one. Tastes more like rosin/shatter than the hash I'm used to getting from the bags. Super nice, very loud. Flooring stone though, very medical so I'm saving it for when the fibro is playing up. Which is today, so I'll be dabbing a little this evening, hoping it helps.
Great for sleep, makes your feel like you're floating on the sea. The hash is much better than the flower.
I can't really recommend the fast buds Zkittlez though. It's fine, just a bit flat and doesn't taste anything like Zkittlez, more like a subpar kush with a bit of a mango thing. Perhaps Barneys did a better job of it with their Zkittlez OG.

:peace:[/QUOTE]

Rosin is my favourite way to taste terps! It looks simiilar to a batter like consistency, which is my favourite. The more like cake batter the nicer it is IMHO.

I have altered my pressing to 90 micron bags at 80 degrees on the first press then slightly more pressure for any corners of pucks that may have a build up of trapped goodness.

Hmmm i am not convinced by fast buds, i dont know why. I have got a zkittles OG barney freebie auto running at the moment so we will see how she turns out. I would like to try DP Lemon Zkittles auto but had a batch of 10 that didnt germinate... they sent me more but i wont entertain that strain again. To be honest, i tried zkittles in amsterdam and barcelona and i wasn't THAT impressed it was a bit weak. Really nice taste though! Barneys do a great watermelon zkittle but its not a heavy stone atall. Sorryfor waffling,

Keep up the good work.

Peace.

Rosin is my favourite way to taste terps! It looks simiilar to a batter like consistency, which is my favourite. The more like cake batter the nicer it is IMHO.

I have altered my pressing to 90 micron bags at 80 degrees on the first press then slightly more pressure for any corners of pucks that may have a build up of trapped goodness.

Hmmm i am not convinced by fast buds, i dont know why. I have got a zkittles OG barney freebie auto running at the moment so we will see how she turns out. I would like to try DP Lemon Zkittles auto but had a batch of 10 that didnt germinate... they sent me more but i wont entertain that strain again. To be honest, i tried zkittles in amsterdam and barcelona and i wasn't THAT impressed it was a bit weak. Really nice taste though! Barneys do a great watermelon zkittle but its not a heavy stone atall. Sorryfor waffling,

Keep up the good work.

Peace.[/QUOTE]

There's not a lot of options as far as rosin and extracts go in the UK. It seems like there's beginning to be a bit more of a demand for it but overall, everyone in the UK is still mixing with tobacco and flavour doesn't seem to be important in the wider market. It's all still mostly Amnesia and Lemon Haze. People just want high THC as that's viewed as good value.
I got some Gucci OG rosin a while back which is fantastic but it's very expensive so I keep it for a weekend treat. I don't know why there are so few options given that it's all grown here. Seen a bit of Zkittlez but I've not tried it here as it tends to go for insane prices (like £30 a gram) The sample I had was from a friend in Paris and it was grown there. It was very good quality but yes, the potency isn't crazy high, as long as I'm not buying it that doesn't bother me though. The terp profile was fantastic, i can only imagine the rosin from it would be outstanding, although probably a low yielder.

The bubble is definitely a better experience than the flower. The flower doesnt seem very terpy (at all) but the hash is something else. Special stuff (although still doesnt taste like Zkittlez should), but not much of it. I've only had the 73 so far but I think a little friday blunt with some of the 120 sprinkled in might be in order later on.

I'm off to Amsterdam next month so I'll look out for the Watermelon Zkittlez, I've always overlooked the big breeders like Barney's but I've actually been pretty impressed with most of what I've had from them and the seeds are cheap too. Any other recommendations for Amsterdam would be welcome actually, Grey Area will be my first stop.

Waffling is an occupational hazard and needs no apologies!

Critical Kush is on flush now at day 76

I took this pic right before taking out the run off tray, when i moved the plant almost every cola fell. One or two snapped stems but nothing toooo bad. Hopefully they're OK. Shouldn't be too much of an issue in her last week. Cross your fingers for me!

full

Buds are looking really nice. I don't think it'll be a crazy yield as all the growth is at the top but I suspect the quality will be my best yet. Buds are really dense and I think i should get around 3oz from her. The terps seem to change daily, but she's quite chemmy and gassy now. The sweetness has faded to the back which I'm quite happy about as I was after a more savoury, gassy OG profile. Basically she's exactly what I was after, so I'm pretty pleased with how she's come along. Praying that it retains those terps when dried so I'm aiming for a nice slow dry.

Back