hey. new to autos.
getting ready to plant but cant find perlite.

Building soil with coco spaghnum, peat moss, and wanted perlite but ended up with a bag of vermiculite instead.

auto grow with dr. earth pre amended.

Any thoughts????
If you were running just peat I think you would be okay. As peat is hydrophobic and the vermiculite would help you out with retaining moisture when watering. I would try for some rice hulls or perlite. It might work though as I am not an expert on vermiculite. I just think your going to have aeration issues as your mix is going to be real dense. Are you putting in any compost?

Merry Christmas AFN Family! :xmas:
Been on here as a guest for a few years now, but I finally worked up the nerve to make an acct and start my own grow a few weeks ago!

I’m a recreational smoker but I do suffer from bad migraines and general body soreness so a few of the strains I use are geared toward alleviating that. I have a grow journal started in the New Growers section, I welcome anyone to check it out, offer some advice or just stop in and say hi! Lol

Everyone have a great holiday!
Welcome to AFN.

Happy New Year AFN!

I posted back in the start of Dec announcing my return after 5 years, I am bit unfamiliar with how things go around here now and could do with pointing in the right direction.

About everything I need to get started is about ready, put my bean in a paper towel a couple days ago, just waiting for it to pop now.
Is it too late to enter any cups or comps?

I will be running a 20L Coco/LED set up, which section of the site would be best for my journal?

Peace 'n' Love
Welcome back. Most contests are breeder based, as long as you have the genetics you can typically participate. You need to take a drop picture with the required information and the battle code and you are good to go. Check out the battle threads as they come up and the information will be there. You can also ask as specific comps have different rules, finish dates, ect.

I typically post my journals under the breeders section.

If you were running just peat I think you would be okay. As peat is hydrophobic and the vermiculite would help you out with retaining moisture when watering. I would try for some rice hulls or perlite. It might work though as I am not an expert on vermiculite. I just think your going to have aeration issues as your mix is going to be real dense. Are you putting in any compost?
Perlite is on amazon

Hello, first time auto grower and long time old guy. My kid moved back in after school and he brought his tent set up and auto flowers with him. This reminded dad back in the day he grew weed and that he still had a grow & mother rooms in basement, good cleaning off the dust and 20+ years later here we are. Was running my big room as mother room to get ready for outdoor season and the boy suggested I grow auto flowers in extra space.
For some reason I've always wanted to write a blog and well looking over this site it came to me 'I should try it out, plus you have 'how to write a blog' so sweet. Popped 6 beans just before Christmas; moby dick, nyc diesel, quarter pounder, purple kush, sweet tooth, and amnesia.

Hello, first time auto grower and long time old guy. My kid moved back in after school and he brought his tent set up and auto flowers with him. This reminded dad back in the day he grew weed and that he still had a grow & mother rooms in basement, good cleaning off the dust and 20+ years later here we are. Was running my big room as mother room to get ready for outdoor season and the boy suggested I grow auto flowers in extra space.
For some reason I've always wanted to write a blog and well looking over this site it came to me 'I should try it out, plus you have 'how to write a blog' so sweet. Popped 6 beans just before Christmas; moby dick, nyc diesel, quarter pounder, purple kush, sweet tooth, and amnesia.
Those are some great strains. I have grown all of them except sweet tooth. This is a guide to blogging here:

:welcome:
https://www.autoflower.org/ubs/guide-to-blogging-on-afn.50/

Welcome to AFN!:welcome:

heya @Mustang92 and :welcome: to afn! :toke: u can take the grower out of the weed, but u can't take the weed out of the grower...or sumthin like that :rofl: anyhoo, great commune here with a nice mellow vibe & anything u need, jus give a holler :thumbsup: oh, and when u fire up a grow journal, HINT, be sure & tag me in, like this -> @420Forever ;)

ppp & :goodluck:

:420: :bong:

Welcome back to the fold. Sounds like you have some pretty solid strains there. I came back to autos after being a outdoor grower back in the day. Selection and strains are definitely a whole new world. Have fun and if you have any questions be sure to ask. :smoking:

Cheer mates, thanks for the McLovin !

Hello everyone, i have been lurking here for a while and i must say, i am enjoying the vibe.

I'm currently living in Bangkok Thailand. Been growing autos on my balcony for about a year. I thought I was getting the hang of things until i realized i was getting some 5 grams per plant. A haul of 12 grams is probably my biggest so far, and I am beginning to get frustrated.

I have a western facing balcony with bright direct light for about 6 hours a day. I want to grow totally organically. I am willing to take sacrifice huge yields for peace of mind that i didn't use any chemicals. But 12 grams is unacceptable. I can see that people can grow so much more. I am going to start documenting my grows for you all. Peace out.

Back