Hi all.
Brand new to growing anything.
New house had a green house, so decided to put it to some use.
First grow is some Dark Devil in a 3litre pot.
Rubbish, cheap potting compost, no way to measure pH, and just feeding Gardenline tomato food.
IMG_20190726_150425.jpg

All things considered, it looks pretty.
Although it doesn't seem to have any side branches - just bud sights.

Got to say, I love your grow battles here and voted on all the threads (hope thats ok for new members)

Hi all.
Rubbish, cheap potting compost, no way to measure pH, and just feeding Gardenline tomato food.
View attachment 1083856

Got to say, I love your grow battles here and voted on all the threads (hope thats ok for new members)

hey @Crazy_Greggy and :welcome: to afn! :toke: yup, can't think of a better use for a new greenhouse than to grow sum dark devil in it, lol :smoking: how old is she-? me luv the color them devilz get, sooo purty! :thumbsup: anyway, any problemz u run into, jus give a holler & somebody in & amongst this fine group o' peepz will alwayz reply ;)

ppp & :goodluck:

:420: :cools:

Hi all.
View attachment 1083856

Welcome to afn. Glad to see you make yourself at home. Are you going to start a journal?

Hi all.
View attachment 1083856

She looks like she's doing great pal and welcome to AFN :pass:

Thanks for voting in the polls :slap:

Hello AFN.
I'm brand new to growing and started my curiosity after finding some seeds in my green.
I've watched videos in the past before and germinated them correctly. Planted them in some soil I had laying around curious if they would grow, and they did!

I've given them some decent natural light from outside and just water. They're growing slow because at first I just had them in a window sill. They're probably about 6 weeks old nothing too crazy.

Fast forward to a week ago, I found out about AutoFlowers, and decided to check out some videos, which lead me to the spacebucket.

I wanted to go with a spacebucket / spacebin design but my s/o pointed out I had a huge double thick cardboard box that I could use.

I call it "Casper the Ghost" sleeper grow.
New to the forum, so not 100% how i should be posting photos.
No advertisement intended. The Casper Box is just under 2 feet x 2 feet x 4 feet.
The logo made it a great place the cut out an opening to get inside the box.
I found some reflective bubble wrap at my local hardware store and taped it on the insides.
The right side houses all the electronics. This box was initially suppose to be put aside in a corner, so only from one angle you could tell something was growing inside.
Top and bottom of the box I placed a USB powered fan, intake on the bottom and exhaust on top. I've covered the fans with an old panty hose to screen out any insects / hair. I have 2 rabbits that run freely.
The last object I have outside, is a RH reader and a Temp reader.
Inside the box, is the reflective bubble wrap. For lighting I have a 125W 6400K CFL from Sun Blaster. At my local hardware store there was an amazing deal for an LED strip with a 4500maH powerbank for $12, so I thought cheap extra lighting and free powerbank. I have the LED strip wrapped at the bottom for extra lighting. This was intended for the AutoFlowers I plan on growing.
For soil I use a mix of Coco and Perlite, and for Nutrients I use a blend of Gaia Green 444 and 284.
67271937_654787615001350_7739618109199220736_n.jpg
67418839_2189580837836875_3869971133780459520_n.jpg
67516217_2368837163373268_5718729300853653504_n.jpg
67618405_741711866253362_3348895277544112128_n.jpg

Thanks for reading so far, but that not the end!

I've purchased some AutoFlower Seeds from Mephisto, and they should be arriving on Friday or so. I want to do this right so I had a few questions for the veteran growers.
I'm starting to second guess my CFL, and leaning towards returning it and getting a COB or LED panel for lighting options. What would you guys recommend for lighting?
Another question I had was, is it possible to run a perpetual set up in this small space.
Start one Auto, and then start another one maybe 4-5 weeks later. Me and my s/o only smoke about an ounce a month, but we like variety.
Thanks for taking the time to read my little blurb, final question!
What else am I missing ? PH Pen is something on my list, anything else?

I do plan on starting a journal when I start my Autos.

Thanks for reading,
davejpg

@davejpg Welcome to AFN. To get someone’s attention put the at-mark @ in front of their AFN name like I did for you.

You need to lower that light to just a few inches from the plants. Keep the base that is hot further from the plant. Are you running 12/12? The room must be totally dark for 12 hours for the plants to flower. I looks like you have a lot of potential light leaks?

I would look into BigSm0 Auto Cobs, 2 would work well. He is a past AFN vendor that is coming back.

hey @Mañ'O'Green thanks for the reply!

thanks for the tip! I'll be lowering the light right now. I'm currently running 18/6 for the plants to grow.

The only light leaks I would have would be on the front door, and where the fans are.

I'm currently looking on amazon (canadian store) for a COB light or LED Full Spectrum.

Currently on my local craigslist, theres someone selling a new KINGPLUS 1000w LED double chip full spectrum grow light.

Do you think this will work out?

hey @Mañ'O'Green thanks for the reply!

thanks for the tip! I'll be lowering the light right now. I'm currently running 18/6 for the plants to grow.

The only light leaks I would have would be on the front door, and where the fans are.

I'm currently looking on amazon (canadian store) for a COB light or LED Full Spectrum.

Currently on my local craigslist, theres someone selling a new KINGPLUS 1000w LED double chip full spectrum grow light.

Do you think this will work out?
I am running cobs now that are 4+ years old and I am itching to replace them.

Back