Lighting NEW GN MODULES

Next week man. If your on insta check out grow.journal summer house hill and mephisto. They will be testing the units

Couldnt find it. Link? :cheers:

View attachment 727518

The GN-Telos-0008 is going to be available from launch in 2 enhanced full spectrum variations and we will also have a classic monochromatic (burple) variation available on request. We are going to be using all the latest gen parts from CREE including the XPG3, XTE (he) and the current best deep/photo red in the industry the XPEEPR-CO1/ flux bin 29.

The 2 enhanced full spectrum variations are using a combination of white and deep red LED's. One variation is modeled on the HS1 spectrum with an increased/more balanced ratio of green to blue light. It appears visibly warm white with a magenta tinge. It's very efficient and produces great results full cycle. The second enhanced full spectrum variation is based on new quantum yield research and is for working with dense/tall canopies where a larger power density of light is required to cover a deeper volumetric area. It appears visibly warm white and it produces great results full cycle but is optimized to be most efficient in flowering with plants over 2-3ft.
@GrowNorthern hey grow northern looking forward to new light which of your enhanced full spectrums or monochromatic (burple) would you recommend for a 1mx1mx2m tent with 4 to 6 autoflowers anywhere between 50cm and 120cm in height in a perpetual grow if you can give me any idea what to go for that would be great thanks
:nicethread:

@GrowNorthern hey grow northern looking forward to new light which of your enhanced full spectrums or monochromatic (burple) would you recommend for a 1mx1mx2m tent with 4 to 6 autoflowers anywhere between 50cm and 120cm in height in a perpetual grow if you can give me any idea what to go for that would be great thanks
:nicethread:

Go back to 30 and read the post, there is a list of recommended setups. How many plants you will stuff in your tent is on you...

Hey Guys,

I know over the last year I have spoke a lot about making this system more competitive and commercially viable than the HS1. Over the project we changed everything from our design approach/methodology to the way we buy components and the channels we sell the end system though. So.... here are the preliminary numbers for the GN-Telos-0008. These may change slightly by launch depending on the FX markets but not by more than + 5% hopefully.

These are base prices on a single unit purchase and they don't include VAT/import tax and shipping. The system is supplied with
  • Detachable 3m power cable (UK,EU and North American are stocked)
  • Adjustable hanging hooks
  • GN-Telos-0008 lamp
  • A choice of 1 of 3 LED drivers (For different AC input and dimming options)
1x GN-Telos-0008 = £340.00
1x GN-Telos-0008 = €400.00
1x GN-Telos-0008 = $420.00

UK and EU orders for the time being will be subject to 20% VAT and shipping will be relatively low cost to most areas (It usually rages from £5-15 for standard delivery with UPS 1-2 day delivery). US customers in most cases will be able to buy up to 2 units without paying import tax or duty as you are allowed to import a goods with a value up to $845 FOB however shipping will be slightly more expensive (around $40-50 for standard delivery with UPS for a 3-4 day delivery). When the lights go live on our new site you can check all those additional costs and if your looking to buy multiple lights we will be offering quantity discount also so check the rates on our new site or contact us to get a quote.

Finally, we are hoping to launch the Telos-0008 around mid June, before then we are going to be putting up much more info as there is a lot more to tell on this new system. For now I just wanted to give everyone a feel for the pricing as that has been the question we have had the most over the project and in my opinion it's one of the key features of the the Telos line.

Thanks and have a good weekend AFN.

Ahh well, that sounds pretty good so far! Nice the hanging hooks are already included, makes things a lot easier since i had always to extra order some via interweb...big like here!
Could you tell a little bit more about the driver and spectrum options? An one thing i wanted to ask 4 sure is how you came up with that name since the HS-1 was clearly a tech-label but how about Telos?

Thanks. :toke:

Go back to 30 and read the post, there is a list of recommended setups. How many plants you will stuff in your tent is on you...
i have read most of the content in here and i know that one light will be enough for my tent but if you go back im not sure wat page but they say that there are two enhanced spectrums one with more penetration than the other so my question was which spectrum would be best not how many /much light i need thankyou for your answer anyway:pass:

i have read most of the content in here and i know that one light will be enough for my tent but if you go back im not sure wat page but they say that there are two enhanced spectrums one with more penetration than the other so my question was which spectrum would be best not how many /much light i need thankyou for your answer anyway:pass:

Yeah i'm a little confused over this spectrum choosing thing 2 :shrug:

Look at the spectrums like this: It's a bit like the old metal Halide (blue spectrum) and HPS ,(Orange spectrum ) the bulbs were said to perform better in different situations. Blue for vegetative growth and Orange for flower. Burple is a more efficient use of energy as plants only use the red and blue spectrum but is not a good work light as its hard to determine plant health and generally work. So cool white for veg, Warm white for flower and purple for efficiency. Conclusion You probably need three tents and one of each.

Look at the spectrums like this: It's a bit like the old metal Halide (blue spectrum) and HPS ,(Orange spectrum ) the bulbs were said to perform better in different situations. Blue for vegetative growth and Orange for flower. Burple is a more efficient use of energy as plants only use the red and blue spectrum but is not a good work light as its hard to determine plant health and generally work. So cool white for veg, Warm white for flower and purple for efficiency. Conclusion You probably need three tents and one of each.

I spoke to GN and here's what they said

"Hi, since we release the first pics and info we found that the choice of spectrums is causing too many issues so we will only be launching one for indoor use and one for greenhouses/outdoor use. Its basically going to be the higher quantum yield version with a slightly more balanced spectrum for full cycyle use"

"Yeah i think we made it to complex for launch maybe in the future we will have other options but in the US right now the higher QY spectrums are killing it so we are going to focus on that."

i wish bunny i wish one day il have a setup like that but not anytime soon lol

Back