Grow Mediums Multipoint Auto Pot Experiment

pop22

Frankensteins Lab Leader
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Auto pots are opening new worlds for me to explore! So I've been pondering some things and decided to use my new 4 pot system to test some ideas! And just moments ago, I got the idea to run 2 experiments at once!

1. I'm going to run 2 pots with coco, and 2 pots with soil. Although I'll be using my standard organic soil, all 4 pots will use a solution of Seagrow 16-16-16 when the root system is large enough.

2. I'm going to run Modular Hydro's AIT unit ( Air Injection Technology ) instead of an airdome. This will be a double test. We will see how well the AIT works in an auto pot, and if they make any difference in growth. I'll run AIT in 2 pots, one coco and one soil. Now using photo period clones would be best for this, but I am going to use Blue Dragon autos. I have them at F5 and they are fairly stable, so I should have a fairly uniform grow.

Waiting on the arrival of the AIT units, then I'll get the grow going! Should be here in a few days. I'll start my seeds today.

Auto pots are opening new worlds for me to explore! So I've been pondering some things and decided to use my new 4 pot system to test some ideas! And just moments ago, I got the idea to run 2 experiments at once!

1. I'm going to run 2 pots with coco, and 2 pots with soil. Although I'll be using my standard organic soil, all 4 pots will use a solution of Seagrow 16-16-16 when the root system is large enough.

2. I'm going to run Modular Hydro's AIT unit ( Air Injection Technology ) instead of an airdome. This will be a double test. We will see how well the AIT works in an auto pot, and if they make any difference in growth. I'll run AIT in 2 pots, one coco and one soil. Now using photo period clones would be best for this, but I am going to use Blue Dragon autos. I have them at F5 and they are fairly stable, so I should have a fairly uniform grow.

Waiting on the arrival of the AIT units, then I'll get the grow going! Should be here in a few days. I'll start my seeds today.
That sounds awesome @pop22 i will be along for the ride.just been to there site and nice to see they think the same as me this is why i am going to fill half my pot with hydroton and the rest lightmix/perlite and even get a bigger airpump because its just like hydro when the roots get to the bottom of the pot they just sit in constant air and feed and you dont need the medium wet because the roots wont dry out when they are getting constant moisture and air wicking from the bottom

I'm interested to se how that works for you! I go the other way, i believe a single medium is best. So, we are both doing experiments! This is what keeps growing interesting for me. And I think this method of growing with auto pots, has the potential to go much farther. We need people who will take chances, push the limits, and test new ideas! Hell, that's why we now have a section just for auto pots!

:pass:

That sounds awesome @pop22 i will be along for the ride.just been to there site and nice to see they think the same as me this is why i am going to fill half my pot with hydroton and the rest lightmix/perlite and even get a bigger airpump because its just like hydro when the roots get to the bottom of the pot they just sit in constant air and feed and you dont need the medium wet because the roots wont dry out when they are getting constant moisture and air wicking from the bottom

Exactly pop if there was just one way to grow canna we would all grow monsters and there would be no need for a fantastic site like this,but i love checking out all the different grow styles.i am even going to try my hand at growing organic veggies with the info i have gained from this site

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

My organic tomatoes and jalepenos are truly wonderful! And organic growing is so easy!

Exactly pop if there was just one way to grow canna we would all grow monsters and there would be no need for a fantastic site like this,but i love checking out all the different grow styles.i am even going to try my hand at growing organic veggies with the info i have gained from this site

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Actually, there is no need to sweat holding an exact PH. Coco is run just like any other hydro, 5.7-6.3 is the acceptable range for coco. And in soil 6.5-7.0 is the accepted range. I'm on my second grow in coco and I've nmot had a ph issue yet. I set my ph to about 5.9 ( i'm not fussy about it anywhere between 5.8 and 6.1 I'll go with ). For soil, I ph my water to 6.8.I never ever have soil ph issues with properly prepared soil.

I'm super interested in seeing how this experiment pans out for you. The only thing that throws a red flag for me is that ideal coco pH is 5.8 and soil pH is 6.5

Back