Autopots and Coco

How often do you have to fill/check your res on your larger flood table?
The 2x4’ flood tray has a 35 gallon reservoir (mortar mixing tub) underneath that I keep half full and top off every evening. While I’m down there I check my numbers and make adjustment if needed. I could get away with leaving it alone for a few days but my average plant drinks 3-5 gallons a day and I wouldn’t want to take the risk of my reservoirs running low.

The 2x4’ flood tray has a 35 gallon reservoir (mortar mixing tub) underneath that I keep half full and top off every evening. While I’m down there I check my numbers and make adjustment if needed. I could get away with leaving it alone for a few days but my average plant drinks 3-5 gallons a day and I wouldn’t want to take the risk of my reservoirs running low.
That's not bad at all, might have to consider playing around with here in the future 🤔

I wasn’t anticipating the snails pace at which the ro produces water. Am I doing something wrong or is it supposed to take a loooooong time to fill a 5gal bucket?

I wasn’t anticipating the snails pace at which the ro produces water. Am I doing something wrong or is it supposed to take a loooooong time to fill a 5gal bucket?
Mine usually takes an hour or so, gotta plan ahead unless you set it up on a float valve. But that comes with it's own risks.

How "loooooong" does it take to fill 5 gallons? How does that compare to the unit's specs? A lot could depend on your water pressure. There's a lot of resistance in a multi-filter RO system, with the rate determined by the slowest filter.

I fill 3 gallon jugs. Never timed it, but it seems to take near 2 hours (using an entry level low-capacity 4-stage RO/DI system).

I put the receiving jug in the sink. That way it doesn't matter if not promptly stopped when filled, if some runs over.

How many gallons per day is it? I believe the rule of thumb is 3:1 waste water to RO water

This is the unit I use now never had issue with the the shutoff. But I learned after the fact that the DI is not necessary makes the water nearly perfect clean. If I was going to buy a new unit it would be the 200gpd 5 stage NO DI cartridge

IMG_0864.png

IMG_0865.png

This is what I have
IMG_0254.jpeg
And yes 3:1 sounds right for what’s happening. Works great I just didn’t realize it would take about 90 minutes to get 5gal. I guess that’s what 50 GPD means 😆 if the 200 is faster then I’ll probably buy one

Back