Autopots and Coco

EC is the most accurate from what I read but ppm makes more sense to me.
Difference between EC and ppm is just math. EC is just easier to deal with since the numbers don't fluctuate as much. Example, 1.0ec is 475-524ppm. Marginal difference, but the EC number is easier to deal with. When you get used to looking at ppm all the time, it's all the same. Just want to always be using the same method of measurement however you measure :pass:

Screenshot_20240826-212828.png

Ok so much for patience! I have an RO system coming tomorrow and a 10ft food grade garden hose with MurLok connectors on Friday. That’s so I can use it in the backyard. No interest at all in an under sink install because if this water turns out to actually be drinkable I’ll be filling my 5gal water jugs here instead of my cousins water store. I’m going to commit to the 1/2 feed ratio until the plant says change because that wasn’t an EC thing it’s just adapting to less than the photoperiod schedule I’ve been following. So I’ll check in once all is setup and mixing.

Side note…bought a new vaporizer a few days ago, an extreme q, and as someone who’s never used one before I can tell you it’s badass! Haven’t used the balloons, just enjoying the 3 foot hose as I type and it gets me ripped! Highly recommended!

Because I’m ripped I forgot to say that I’m also convinced I jumped the starters gate in starting up the autopot. This plant is about 11 inches tall and after I started I read that the transplant should be 9” tall before you even pot it then water for 7-10 days so there’s no way I had that much of a root system. And this is a good thing because I’m getting to see the effects firsthand and a chance to see if she can recover. Excited for my next attempt, I’ll drop 2 when my geo modules and 3gal fabric pots get here. They’re gonna kick ass for sure.

Just from my previous grows running autopots with coco, using Megacrop nutes. I started hydrating brick of coco with 2g per gal Megacrop, following the same 2g per gal day 5 500ml, day 10 1L, day 15 1.5L, now day 20 4g per gal fill the res and let her rip. I’ve used RO and well water never checking ppm keeping it a kiss grow. I follow the same but with promix now and still have great results. Hope this might help if you change nutes.

800ppm is 1.6 EC. Don't think I ever ran autopots above 550ppm. There are different scales for ppm/EC. Most everybody in the US uses the 500 scale and it looks like you're using the 700 scale :pass:
Yes my bad I looked at 700 by mistake. I figure I’ll be going up to around 2.0 (1000 ppm) in peak flower.

If you like experimenting and you like coco, and you like daily fertigating, then you, sir, are a candidate for a large eazyplug pyramid.
You think the ez plugs would be a good candidate for autopots? I've considered trying one of them myself but I can't commit to watering multiple times a day by hand.

Back