Bidding on a couple gov surplus auctions. $5 for a set of really nice lockers that lock with a padlock. Need somewhere to lock the bud and shrooms up thats a bit more secure. Used to use a small "pistol" safe, but well, we have too much now, LOL.

My wife got super into canning this year and also find a really nice shelving unit that would work great in the garage for her to put all her canned stuff on. $10, its all metal, and 20 minutes in the backyard with a couple cans of cheap spray paint would make it look brand new.

1729990585825.gif

Cuzin came by and helped me with yardwork today . He did the majority but I weed whacked n chopped down and bagged up a bunch of trees and shrubs n started organizing the shed. Definitely the most work I've done since ive been home. Im hurtin, so took a pill, making it tolerable.
I fuckin hate weed whacking

All of that is good :cooldance: you're' dancing, and right now I would eat anything I wanted in your position, when you have gained some weight back then it will make sense to pair back on volume. learning to control the complex carbohydrates is the key to managing type II diabetes with diet. It is the hardest thing until it isn't. I just don't need more than 20% of my intake to be complex carbs. I do have days when I am way over but it is ok just get back the next day. Since I lost so much weight I can eat more carbs without the same effect it used to have on my blood sugar. Hint the carbs in green vegetables don't count even though they are partly complex.

Diabetes is a terrible disease if you don't control it. My Chef buddy just lost a foot to gangrene hopefully he will get out of the ICU tomorrow. For a while it did not look like he would make it. 🙏:karmacloud: He is not out of the woods yet but they are optimistic and he knows the foot is gone and did not wig out. Holy crap what do you say about the lost foot. "your pirate costume will be a killer this year". We are good friends and we will joke about it but underneath he is going to need a lot of support.

Was sound asleep........... Good Morfnoevight all! 💤 💤 💤
Your friend's experience is why I am now controlling my diabetes with a keto diet. Definitely not everyone's cuppa due to hassle and extra expense, but it works - A1C in the normal range for years, diabetes notwithstanding. I hope your buddy does ok, he is dealing with a seriously tough break. :pighug:

Bidding on a couple gov surplus auctions. $5 for a set of really nice lockers that lock with a padlock. Need somewhere to lock the bud and shrooms up thats a bit more secure. Used to use a small "pistol" safe, but well, we have too much now, LOL.

My wife got super into canning this year and also find a really nice shelving unit that would work great in the garage for her to put all her canned stuff on. $10, its all metal, and 20 minutes in the backyard with a couple cans of cheap spray paint would make it look brand new.
surplus is just as much fun as DIY. :pighug:

Back